[Current Gen] Shooting feel more difficult & transition defense is inexistant

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

[Current Gen] Shooting feel more difficult & transition defense is inexistant

Postby Issy on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 am

Hi,

I'm just creating this topic because I would like to know if I am the only one suffering from these problems.

Firstly I am not a "great" player but I humbly think I have a decent level. For example i can shoot at 70% in the park with a defense build who has 60 in 3pts : https://i.goopics.net/blrO0.png

But in 2k21 I am unable to shoot properly.
I just did a test with the same player and in 2k21 I shoot at 16/50 (32%) from 3 in HOF : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvdYx90 ... e=youtu.be
And in 2k20 I shoot at 26/50 (52%) from 3 in HOF : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAaN02 ... e=youtu.be

I usually play with the shot meter off but in 2k21 its worse when I turn it off. And I don't even think to take "contested" shoot in 2k21.

And the second problem is the transition defense. Look at how the IA's Durant & Curry doesn't come back in defense : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eBRnID ... e=youtu.be
Same here with Thompson : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IU9-Xi ... e=youtu.be
Issy

Re: [Current Gen] Shooting feel more difficult & transition defense is inexistant

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:32 pm

The revamping of shooting mechanics has led to issues like that this year, so it's not just you. Defensive AI does indeed leaving much to be desired, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: [Current Gen] Shooting feel more difficult & transition defense is inexistant

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:37 pm

I think as the years go by the CPU AI is getting worst, especially on defense, sliders can help with shooting but defence although has improved greatly from last year it's still a game for the offensive player
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:59 pm

One might argue that it reflects the current style of play in the NBA, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:38 pm

hahaha yeah it does have an "allstar game" feel to it at times
mp3

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:39 pm

i think it fits with this era :lol:
sticky-fingers

Postby deionr829 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:53 pm

im still having issues with shooting does anyone have any tips what shooting do you use do you use button or analog what camera u use
deionr829

Postby mp3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:06 pm

I use broadcast camera angle and user release but the old style shooting was selected, not about any of this new age aiming stuff (N)
mp3

Postby Issy on Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:26 am

deionr829 wrote:im still having issues with shooting does anyone have any tips what shooting do you use do you use button or analog what camera u use

Like mp3 i don't use the aiming thing, because you need to use the shot meter and its weird.
If you play 5 vs 5 nba regular game like me, you will not fix the shooting except if you touch the sliders. Try the Shady one's or you can also switch to "real % mode" instead of "user shooting" but but it takes away all the joy of playing.

If you only play the mycareer or park mode, i suggest to learn your jumpshot at the perfection. Its cleary becoming a "one player game" instead of a simulation of basketball and its sad.

Personally I gave up and went back to 2k16 which has better gameplay and better balance.
Issy

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 pm

Learning the animations is definitely key. The rumble feedback also helps, as the controller will start to rumble as you're entering the "Green" zone. It's a reasonably effective cue.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21