How do you control fatique?

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

How do you control fatique?

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:55 am

Players getting tired less than 3-4 minutes in the game. Where is the setting that controls that?
This topic was moved from NBA 2K21 Modding by Andrew on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:06 am.
Uncle Drew

Re: How do you control fatique?

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:22 am

Adjust your sliders. Stamina effects how soon a player gets tired. Fatigue effects how soon a player recovers after getting tired. As far as I'm concerned 2K broke this in 2K21. Players get tired way too fast and recover too fast. Adjust so the CPU realistically subs players and you do the same for your team.
Bassman58

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:31 am

Bassman58 wrote:Adjust your sliders. Stamina effects how soon a player gets tired. Fatigue effects how soon a player recovers after getting tired. As far as I'm concerned 2K broke this in 2K21. Players get tired way too fast and recover too fast. Adjust so the CPU realistically subs players and you do the same for your team.

Thanks for the reply. So in other words, both are set to 50%. If I go lower, will they get tired less say at 0-30% ? And if I raise it beyond 50, they'll get tired more? Trying to understand. This didn't happen at this rate in 2K20.
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:22 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Bassman58 wrote:Adjust your sliders. Stamina effects how soon a player gets tired. Fatigue effects how soon a player recovers after getting tired. As far as I'm concerned 2K broke this in 2K21. Players get tired way too fast and recover too fast. Adjust so the CPU realistically subs players and you do the same for your team.

Thanks for the reply. So in other words, both are set to 50%. If I go lower, will they get tired less say at 0-30% ? And if I raise it beyond 50, they'll get tired more? Trying to understand. This didn't happen at this rate in 2K20.

Correct.

I have my fatigue set to 35, works well.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bassman58 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 am

I play 10 minute quarters. Other quarter lengths may be a little different. My fatigue is 32 and stamina is 75. I do play my bench more than the CPU does. It depends on your style of play. I don't play my starters 40 minutes for 12 minute quarters (48 min total). Unfortunately the CPU rarely uses the 9-13 players. Most 11-13 players are set to zero minutes so they never play, forcing the other players to play more. The CPU also changes the rotations and minutes assigned so you may not get realistic player usage. I don't worry about what the CPU does because I can only effect the team(s) I control. I usually maintain my own roster with the rotations and minutes set so teams will play realistically. The default 2K rosters are not very good for simulations.
Bassman58

Postby gyozalee on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:12 am

does fatigue affects how fast players going to sweat?
gyozalee

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:48 pm

Bassman58 wrote:I play 10 minute quarters. Other quarter lengths may be a little different. My fatigue is 32 and stamina is 75. I do play my bench more than the CPU does. It depends on your style of play. I don't play my starters 40 minutes for 12 minute quarters (48 min total). Unfortunately the CPU rarely uses the 9-13 players. Most 11-13 players are set to zero minutes so they never play, forcing the other players to play more. The CPU also changes the rotations and minutes assigned so you may not get realistic player usage. I don't worry about what the CPU does because I can only effect the team(s) I control. I usually maintain my own roster with the rotations and minutes set so teams will play realistically. The default 2K rosters are not very good for simulations.

Very good explanation, thanks...
Uncle Drew

Postby Santicruyff on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:57 pm

So, increasing the fatigue rate value makes them recover faster or is it the other way around? that when the value increases they recover more slowly?
Santicruyff

Postby Bassman58 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 am

Lower fatigue value = quicker recovery.
Higher stamina value = player gets tired slower aka more stamina.
Bassman58

Postby Santicruyff on Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 am

Bassman58 wrote:Lower fatigue value = quicker recovery.
Higher stamina value = player gets tired slower aka more stamina.

Thank you very much, now I understand it much better, stamina is something positive and the higher its value, its energy or endurance for the game will be better, and the fatigue rate is something negative and the higher its value, the more it costs a player to recover. of the state in which he is fatigued
Santicruyff

Return to NBA 2K21