XBOX one controller stopped working in the menu ! (pc version)

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

XBOX one controller stopped working in the menu ! (pc version)

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon May 24, 2021 9:24 am

So i own the steam version of 2k21 for pc and i use a xbox one controller with a wireless receiver. I never had any issues. I started my game today and in the main menu the controller didnt respond to anything but pressing the X button. This made my controller settings come up. Then i tried restarting the game in offline mode and before i came to the main menu it obviously showed a message that i couldnt connect to the game and then when i pressed A to continue from that message it actually worked but again not in the main menu... something weird is going on. I tried also using my mouse. It does hover over the different menu objects but i cant click on anything :(
This topic was moved from NBA 2K21 Modding by Andrew on Mon May 24, 2021 2:24 pm.
johnwest1985

Re: XBOX one controller stopped working in the menu ! (pc version)

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon May 24, 2021 9:42 am

Just was reading on the 2k steam community that it might have to do something with this:

Confirmed: AVX is required to play NBA 2K21
The 2K Knowledge Base article was updated in the last 24 hours to include the AVX instruction set as a requirement for your processor.

NOTE: In order to play NBA 2K21 on PC, you need a processor capable of supporting SSE 4.2 and AVX.
https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/article ... quirements
If the game doesn't boot up at all (or closes after a few seconds of boot), that is a symptom of a lack of SSE 4.2.
If you are not able to actually load into a game of basketball, that is a symptom of a lack of AVX.
There are websites and System Information software where you can check whether your processor has SSE and AVX. Please check those if you are experiencing these issues to help you diagnose the issue.

the point is i have checked my processor with HWINFO and it both supports SSE 4.2 and AVX ... strange stuff
johnwest1985

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 am

FIX: so i got this off the forum havent tried it yet but check if it works.
For everyone who cannot navigate in the main menu just rename your mods folder to anything (i.e., Mods1) then launch the game. After launching the game you can just change the name of the folder back to Mods and your game should work normally
johnwest1985

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon May 24, 2021 8:06 pm

Good work Detective !! :D
Uncle Drew

Return to NBA 2K21