What have you been playing in NBA 2K21?

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Which modes have you been playing in NBA 2K21?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:53 pm

MyCAREER
11%
Playground
No votes
Pro-Am/Rec
6%
MyTEAM
11%
MyLEAGUE/MyNBA/MyGM
28%
MyWNBA
11%
The W
No votes
The W Online
No votes
Play Now Online
No votes
Play Now
33%

Total votes : 18

What have you been playing in NBA 2K21?

Postby Andrew on Fri May 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Vote in the poll, add thoughts in the topic!

After years with MyCAREER, and some dabbling with it early on to see what the story was like, I've finally been able to put it aside in NBA 2K21. I do have a MyPLAYER thanks to my time with the mode, and I was suitably impressed with this year's story (at least the college path, which I played all four seasons of on Next Gen). However, I'm definitely burned out on it, and since most of the members of NLSC THRILLHO aren't into the game or Pro-Am anymore, I have much less incentive to grind up a player yet again.

I have levelled up my player to the point of being able to compete online though, and played a few Pro-Am games (on console; I've never been able to get enough people in a lobby on PC). PS4 was, frankly, garbage. PS5 is a slightly better scene, but after a pretty satisfying game a couple of months back, I've decided to leave the memories alone. It's way too hit and miss if you don't have an organised squad or at least a couple of friends to play with. I also don't mind playing something else for a change.

That something else has been MyTEAM. I've really wanted to spend more time with it in previous games, especially when I managed to get a bunch of Galaxy Opal cards in NBA 2K19. All that time sunk into MyCAREER and the connected modes made it difficult though, so it's been really refreshing to actually play more of MyTEAM this year. I haven't made too much of a dent in NBA Domination, but I've played a lot of Triple Threat Offline games, along with Challenges. The Seasons concept has worked out quite well and I've had fun without spending a cent, though you can definitely see how they're trying to nudge us in that direction with some of the Agenda items and cards that they drop. Quibbles with the gameplay and legacy issues aside, the mode has been good. One of these days, I'll get back to franchise gaming, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: What have you been playing in NBA 2K21?

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 am

Just Play Now
sticky-fingers

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun May 30, 2021 12:43 am

I do MyLeague Playoffs on occasion, but mostly Play Now for me.
ThaLiveKing

Postby BrotherJRB on Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:45 am

Next Gen I am playing Classic games in Play Now. I heavily edited the rosters and sliders to make it more 90ish basketball. Also on next gen I am playing some D - League games in My League. I love it.

2k20 I got a 36 D League fictional MyLeague going with a backup PG on player lock. I only play 16-20 minutes a game but it is so much fun coming off the bench up or down....

I am pumped for next gen 2k22.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Return to NBA 2K21