Game complexity

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Game complexity

Postby Andy7209 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 pm

Hello Guys!

I am a long standing fan of major sports in the US. As I can recall the first game I played was NHL Hockey 92-93 from EA Sport. Since then I played many different edition of hockey, football and basketball games. The latest edition I acquired is NBA 2K 21 as it was ditributed for free by Epic Games. This PC edition did not get very good reviews, but as a casual player I still enjoy it. The game itself is really complex at first glance. Until now I mainly played quick matches to learn controls, plays etc. I am now trying to explore the MyLeague mode. At first I wish to add more automatism, so I wish to know if there is an option to delegate the training session to head coach. I really do not want to micro manage that side of the game.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Andy7209

Re: Game complexity

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Welcome!

Team Practices are automatically scheduled on the calendar and take place in the background as you advance through the season, so they're basically already automated. You can choose to swap around rest days and assigned practices on the schedule if you want, but otherwise it's already taken care of, so you'd be fine to just leave everything as it is.

There are some further automation settings that you can mess around with if you want to streamline the experience:

You can find them in the Settings tab in MyLEAGUE, as well as navigate to them while setting up a new save. There may be a couple of things in there that you want to switch off of Manual so that you don't have to worry about them.

As I said though, player training is already essentially automated. There are separate practice functions that are gameplay-oriented, but those are just for the benefit of sharpening your skills on the sticks and don't have any impact on player progression.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andy7209 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks Andrew. I still need to look into deeper into all those options. Searching on the net I found that Hawks 2018 & Pelicans 2018 are quite good freelances to use. Is it possible to download playbooks and use them in MyLeague? Although downloaded playbooks might not fit to every or certain teams. Is there any specific guide for beginners about MyLeague game mode?
Andy7209

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:28 pm

Custom playbooks are tied to custom roster saves, so you'd either have to make the edits yourself, or find a roster that's noted as including some desirable edits already.

I don't think there is a beginner's guide to MyLEAGUE as such, but that is something that we could perhaps put together. It'd probably help to start with some FAQs, so by all means keep the questions coming and maybe we can turn it into a comprehensive resource. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andy7209 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:46 pm

As I see now the most frustrating thing is the game is that I cannot defend properly. Scoring and attack is usually all right, but for some reason I cannot get the hang of defense.
Andy7209

Return to NBA 2K21