Game won't save/No Description Found/Unknown

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Game won't save/No Description Found/Unknown

Postby A_Jm93 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi all,

So I've had numerous bugs with 2K21 this year and I've managed to sort them all out but this one has me stumped. The game won't save anymore. I only use MyLeague and it no longer saves my progress or changes. As well as that, all my files are shown as "No Description Found, Date: Unknown, Last Played: Unknown." It also seems to have "resurrected" old playthroughs of MyLeague or Season etc. That I deleted a while back.

I've tried verifying the integrity of the game files on Steam, no luck. Does anyone have any answers for this?

Thanks in advance! :?
A_Jm93

Re: Game won't save/No Description Found/Unknown

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:24 am

Have you downloaded any new team artwork in MyLEAGUE? There's an issue where too many custom designs can cause the game to stop saving, corrupt saves, and basically be a nuisance. It also sounds like there might be some leftover files in the saves folder, and/or a corruption to the name data files.

Assuming Steam is installed on C drive, that folder will be under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(Numbers)\1225330\remote

If there's anything in that folder, try deleting everything (you may want to back it all up first just in case you'd like to troubleshoot further with those files) and let the game rebuild any data files as necessary. Once you've done that, it wouldn't hurt to verify the game files again just to be sure.

Basically you've got to prod the game into generating clean data files and updating itself properly. To that end, you could also go up a level to the "local" folder and remove/rename sync.bin (or move it to a backup folder) so that the game will re-download all of its updates and everything is fresh.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby A_Jm93 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:49 am

Andrew wrote:Have you downloaded any new team artwork in MyLEAGUE? There's an issue where too many custom designs can cause the game to stop saving, corrupt saves, and basically be a nuisance. It also sounds like there might be some leftover files in the saves folder, and/or a corruption to the name data files.

Assuming Steam is installed on C drive, that folder will be under: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(Numbers)\1225330\remote

If there's anything in that folder, try deleting everything (you may want to back it all up first just in case you'd like to troubleshoot further with those files) and let the game rebuild any data files as necessary. Once you've done that, it wouldn't hurt to verify the game files again just to be sure.

Basically you've got to prod the game into generating clean data files and updating itself properly. To that end, you could also go up a level to the "local" folder and remove/rename sync.bin (or move it to a backup folder) so that the game will re-download all of its updates and everything is fresh.

That definitely makes a tonne of sense. I'm a decade or so in the future in my playthrough and pretty much the whole league's teams are customised. Is there a way to return those to the default team designs from the base game?

Otherwise, I will gut everything and prod the hell out of the game to get it back up to scratch. Cheers for the reply! :D
A_Jm93

Postby Alexxroyce on Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:19 am

Hey OP i've been dealing with the exact issue you have for the last 48 hrs. Im in 2030 and like you most of my players and teams have custom designs. Did you happen to try the fix he suggested and did it work for you? I know a few people are also dealing with this though so it might be a MyLeague saving error overall. Because even when i try starting a new one it wont work. Hopefully 2K can fix this because i've put alot of time into this specific save, if it goes to waste i'de be bummed.
Alexxroyce

Postby A_Jm93 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:54 am

Alexxroyce wrote:Hey OP i've been dealing with the exact issue you have for the last 48 hrs. Im in 2030 and like you most of my players and teams have custom designs. Did you happen to try the fix he suggested and did it work for you? I know a few people are also dealing with this though so it might be a MyLeague saving error overall. Because even when i try starting a new one it wont work. Hopefully 2K can fix this because i've put alot of time into this specific save, if it goes to waste i'de be bummed.

Still working on it fella, my teams have been like this for countless game hours and at least 6 or so in game Seasons now, this is the toughest bug I've faced so far (of the many). I too have invested a lot of time, so it does suck but hopefully it can be salvaged. Only mode I really play on the game each year. Criminally under-developed each year!
A_Jm93

Postby Alexxroyce on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:03 am

A_Jm93 wrote:
Alexxroyce wrote:Hey OP i've been dealing with the exact issue you have for the last 48 hrs. Im in 2030 and like you most of my players and teams have custom designs. Did you happen to try the fix he suggested and did it work for you? I know a few people are also dealing with this though so it might be a MyLeague saving error overall. Because even when i try starting a new one it wont work. Hopefully 2K can fix this because i've put alot of time into this specific save, if it goes to waste i'de be bummed.

Still working on it fella, my teams have been like this for countless game hours and at least 6 or so in game Seasons now, this is the toughest bug I've faced so far (of the many). I too have invested a lot of time, so it does suck but hopefully it can be salvaged. Only mode I really play on the game each year. Criminally under-developed each year!

I Could not agree more. Myleague is the sole reason i purchase the game every year. I have the Draft classes with custom cyber faces and basically my own narratives and story lines going. Here's to hoping we can get back into it eventually.
Alexxroyce

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:35 am

I'm not sure if there's an easy reset once you've started customising, especially when it's already triggered bugs that occur when the game has too many custom designs for its liking. You might be able to get the save working again properly, but as far as undoing the team changes, it's probably a case of starting over fresh from Year 1.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby A_Jm93 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:35 am

Andrew wrote:Have you downloaded any new team artwork in MyLEAGUE? There's an issue where too many custom designs can cause the game to stop saving, corrupt saves, and basically be a nuisance. It also sounds like there might be some leftover files in the saves folder, and/or a corruption to the name data files.

Alexxroyce wrote:
A_Jm93 wrote:

I Could not agree more. Myleague is the sole reason i purchase the game every year. I have the Draft classes with custom cyber faces and basically my own narratives and story lines going. Here's to hoping we can get back into it eventually.

So I've managed to fix the problem. Followed the advice and deleted some "dead files" from previous MyLeague's etc. And it's saving fine again, WITH names. Much appreciated! :bowdown: :bowdown2:
A_Jm93

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:43 am

You're welcome! Glad to hear nothing current was lost.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Alexxroyce on Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:05 am

A_Jm93 wrote:

Alexxroyce wrote:
A_Jm93 wrote:

So I've managed to fix the problem. Followed the advice and deleted some "dead files" from previous MyLeague's etc. And it's saving fine again, WITH names. Much appreciated! :bowdown: :bowdown2:

doing the steps above now. So once i find the folder with the MyLeague files i just delete all of them? Including the "FILE" ones???
Alexxroyce

Postby Alexxroyce on Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:22 am

Andrew wrote:You're welcome! Glad to hear nothing current was lost.

I Didint quite do it right as its giving me the same error.
Alexxroyce

Return to NBA 2K21