Offline Franchise Retro Rosters, Jerseys and Courts: Console vs PC

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Offline Franchise Retro Rosters, Jerseys and Courts: Console vs PC

Postby irishrunner16 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am

I'm trying to determine what the differences are between MyNBA on PS5 and MyLEAGUE on PC, as I'm not sure which platform I should buy. I'm aware of the differences between the modes, but am unsure of the advantages the PC offers in terms of customization (rosters, courts, etc).

In my case, I am ONLY concerned about the OFFLINE single player mode. I'll be using retro rosters from the 1990s to start the mode, and then using accurate draft classes to progress through each season, up to the current season.

I know that PC is not getting next-gen (myNBA) again for 2k22, but other than the mode itself, what differences are there between PS5 and PC in terms of customizations?

I believe (from what I've seen in videos) that on PC the player pictures (headshots/portraits) can be a real photo of the player (not computer generated), and it's possible to create more detailed courts (such as the 1996-2003 Rockets) on PC because more areas of the court can be edited.

Are there any other differences between offline last-gen MyLEAGUE on PC and next-gen MyNBA on PS5? Again, I'm coming at this with the goal of "recreating" past seasons/teams, and will be playing the mode entirely offline whether it's on console or PC.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read through this and for any information or recommendations!
irishrunner16

Re: Offline Franchise: MyNBA (next-gen console) vs myLEAGUE (PC)

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:28 pm

In terms of external customisation, which is to say modding, the PC version facilitates it and the PS5/XSX version does not. You can create a far more detailed retro roster on PC than on console, because of the additional unofficial modding tools. The in-game tools are the same on both platforms.

The one thing that Next Gen offers that Current Gen does not is that Next Gen's MyNBA allows you to set up a league with as few as 12 teams, whereas the minimum in Current Gen's MyLEAGUE is always 30. You can go up to 36 in MyLEAGUE with expansion (and in MyNBA, too), but only MyNBA allows you to reduce the number of teams. In that respect, you could set up a more realistic retro season, if you take the time to use the team re-branding options to customise the team art (or download a pre-made set if it's available in the community uploads, and a lot of retro sets are).

Once again though, the PC version expands things beyond the in-game tools, so it's the only platform where there's really detailed modding that goes those extra steps.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Offline Franchise Retro Rosters, Jerseys and Courts: Console vs PC

Postby irishrunner16 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks for the information and suggestion Andrew. I appreciate it!
irishrunner16

Return to NBA 2K21