High flying dunkers unable to (self) alley oop dunk

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

High flying dunkers unable to (self) alley oop dunk

Postby tobay2k on Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:51 pm

There's multiple iconic high flying dunkers in 2K21 who are unable to (self) alley oop dunk and I'm trying to figure out to which setting/attribute this is connected to because it doesn't depend on the dunk/vertical rating

Best example is Dwade, there's 3 versions of him in the game, strangely only the All-Time one is able to (self) alley oop dunk
Besides the ridiculous fact that 2K seriously gave his 12-13 version a 60!!! dunk rating, also his 06 version won't dunk a (self) alley oop despite high enough ratings and this stays the same after I tried changing his 12-13 version's dunk rating to a 88 or higher annoyingly

The only fix I found is to export/Import the player DNA from the All-Time/working version (of the specific player if there's another one in the game) but that on the other hand messes with the age, other attributes etc. that's why it would be really helpful to find out to which setting (maybe changable through 2Ktools?) or attribute the inability is related to

It happens for quite a few iconic High Flying dunkers in the game..
Last edited by tobay2k on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
tobay2k

Re: High flying dunkers unable to (self) alley oop dunk (for ex. Dwade)

Postby Redpants on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:15 am

Uhm, I think the ability to self alley oop can be adjusted through the "Lob City Finisher" and "Lob City Passer" badges. Try to give the player you want these 2 badges at about Gold and see how it go.
Redpants

Re: High flying dunkers unable to (self) alley oop dunk (for ex. Dwade)

Postby tobay2k on Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Redpants wrote:Uhm, I think the ability to self alley oop can be adjusted through the "Lob City Finisher" and "Lob City Passer" badges. Try to give the player you want these 2 badges at about Gold and see how it go.

Adding/changing these badges doesn't do anything sadly
tobay2k

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding