NBA 2K21 TSN & Rogers Sportsnet Network Overhaul UPDATE V2

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA 2K21 TSN & Rogers Sportsnet Network Overhaul UPDATE V2

Postby cujomatty on Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 am

UPDATE V2 changed some logo sizes and breakboards to be more consistent with the real theme.

Wanted to do a new thread to keep my Raptors mod and the Network only stuff separate.

Redid the scoreboards for 2k21. Did breakboards, wipes, intro, microphone logos etc...

Credits:

Thanks always to Bongo88. Always shows his work and how he does it which has helped me immensely.

Thanks to Santicruff for showing me where to find some things and some inspiration.

Thanks to Karinge for helping with the vcuilment info.

Lastly thanks to Looyh. I have learned so much about manipulating SCNE files from digging through and studying his work.

TSN Download: :arrow: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P8xCzR ... sp=sharing
phpBB [video]

Rogers Sportsnet Download: :arrow: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbm89f ... p=drivesdk
phpBB [video]

:?: Instructions: Just drag whichever presentation you want to use into your "mods" folder.

:!: To use both you need to use a mod organizer like JSGME. For more info please go to my Raptors Mega mod thread that has lots more added and instructions how to use JSGME for multiple network themes. Located here: :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110660
Last edited by cujomatty on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:44 am, edited 12 times in total.
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Re: NBA 2K21 TSN & Rogers Sportsnet Network Overhaul

Postby bongo88 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:03 pm

this is beautiful.
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:19 pm

bongo88 wrote:this is beautiful.

Thanks man I really appreciate it. Might sound corny but you literally have taught me almost all I know lol.

I got a question for you that I haven't been able to figure out. How do you zoom in and out on the logos in either a scorboard or breakboard? I don't like how zoomed in the team logos are for the TSN quarter breakboard and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them zoomed out?
cujomatty

Postby bongo88 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:28 pm

cujomatty wrote:

Thanks man I really appreciate it. Might sound corny but you literally have taught me almost all I know lol.

I got a question for you that I haven't been able to figure out. How do you zoom in and out on the logos in either a scorboard or breakboard? I don't like how zoomed in the team logos are for the TSN quarter breakboard and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them zoomed out?

haha, not corny.... plenty of people have helped me in the years past.

anyways, checked out the tsn breakboard... your UV maps on the logo are messed up.

enter blender... split screen to UV map on one side .... enter edit mode .... select home logo vertex group .... load a logo texture.... move UV maps around

make sure the UV maps are full size .... or zoomed in equal (press "a" to select all UV map points... then press "S" to scale UV maps equally)

see video of your TSN breakboard: https://streamable.com/q35f3b

if the UV maps are full .... and you need to zoom out further on your logo ... then make canvas size bigger in gimp/photoshop
original logo size 1024 x 1024 : https://imgur.com/4OEzthc
canvas size 2048 x 2048 : https://imgur.com/JD7syjE (logo texture hasn't changed .... canvas size has gotton bigger)

but i doubt you need that. probably just need to adjust the UV maps and make it look how you like it

great stuff here :)

edit: gotta adjust uv maps for home logo vertex group and then also UV maps for away logo vertex group.... not sure if you can select both and then adjust UV map... dunno ... i always did the home then the away ... actually, it been a while since i modded anything... haha... i don't remember what order i did stuff in :) :cheeky:
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:32 pm

bongo88 wrote:
cujomatty wrote:

haha, not corny.... plenty of people have helped me in the years past.

anyways, checked out the tsn breakboard... your UV maps on the logo are messed up.

enter blender... split screen to UV map on one side .... enter edit mode .... select home logo vertex group .... load a logo texture.... move UV maps around

make sure the UV maps are full size .... or zoomed in equal (press "a" to select all UV map points... then press "S" to scale UV maps equally)

see video of your TSN breakboard: https://streamable.com/q35f3b

if the UV maps are full .... and you need to zoom out further on your logo ... then make canvas size bigger in gimp/photoshop
original logo size 1024 x 1024 : https://imgur.com/4OEzthc
canvas size 2048 x 2048 : https://imgur.com/JD7syjE (logo texture hasn't changed .... canvas size has gotton bigger)

but i doubt you need that. probably just need to adjust the UV maps and make it look how you like it

great stuff here :)

edit: gotta adjust uv maps for home logo vertex group and then also UV maps for away logo vertex group.... not sure if you can select both and then adjust UV map... dunno ... i always did the home then the away ... actually, it been a while since i modded anything... haha... i don't remember what order i did stuff in :) :cheeky:

Once again very concise instructions. That video is great. Should be no problem and gives me something to do while watching football tomorrow. Thanks so much.
cujomatty

Postby m3the on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:13 am

i converted the scoreboard from 2k20
but team colors not working only blue and red for all teams
fox and nbc scoreboard

can you convert fox and nbc from 2k20
m3the

Postby cujomatty on Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:59 pm

m3the wrote:i converted the scoreboard from 2k20
fox and nbc scoreboard

Pretty sure those were made for 2k19 and used for 2k20. Unfortunately you cant convert because it's the vcuilment file that is causing the issue with team colors and that's the magic file that gets old scoreboards to work in 2k21. I had to start these scoreboards from scratch.

If you PM me a link to the scoreboards I'll take a look. As I recall neither of those are too difficult looking so I might do that for ya. Gotta look at them first.
cujomatty

Re: NBA 2K21 TSN & Rogers Sportsnet Network Overhaul UPDATE V2

Postby cujomatty on Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:09 pm

UPDATE V2 changed some logo sizes and breakboards to be more consistent with the real theme.

cujomatty

Postby m3the on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:16 pm

cujomatty wrote:
m3the wrote:i converted the scoreboard from 2k20
fox and nbc scoreboard

Pretty sure those were made for 2k19 and used for 2k20. Unfortunately you cant convert because it's the vcuilment file that is causing the issue with team colors and that's the magic file that gets old scoreboards to work in 2k21. I had to start these scoreboards from scratch.

If you PM me a link to the scoreboards I'll take a look. As I recall neither of those are too difficult looking so I might do that for ya. Gotta look at them first.

i send it
m3the

Postby Bassman58 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:18 am

Google says "access denied" for Rogers Sportsnet file. TSN is OK. Thanks for the files.
Bassman58

Postby cujomatty on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:46 am

Bassman58 wrote:Google says "access denied" for Rogers Sportsnet file. TSN is OK. Thanks for the files.

Fixed I think.
At work so did from my phone but i think it should be good now. Sorry about that.
cujomatty

Postby Bassman58 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:58 am

No Problem. We are good to go now. Thanks.
Bassman58

Postby westham77 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:31 pm

This update work in NBA 2K20?? Thanks for your great work (Y)
westham77

Postby cujomatty on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:57 am

westham77 wrote:This update work in NBA 2K20?? Thanks for your great work (Y)

The newscorebug.iff and newbreakboard.iff would work if you take the corresponding vcuilment.iff from the 2k20 files and put them in these.
cujomatty

Postby westham77 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 am

cujomatty wrote:

The newscorebug.iff and newbreakboard.iff would work if you take the corresponding vcuilment.iff from the 2k20 files and put them in these.

doesn’t work at all, and disappear after 30 sec

westham77

Postby cujomatty on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:04 am

westham77 wrote:
cujomatty wrote:

doesn’t work at all, and disappear after 30 sec

[ Image ]

Not sure why that would be. All of these were made with 2k20 files as the base. I just have the 2k20 vcuilment files from 2k21 in them. Unfortunately I dont have 2k20 installed anymore so I can't trouble shoot for you.
cujomatty

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:33 pm

do you have a screenshot of the lower3rd.iff for these package?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ashry1599 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:45 am

why did the files for this get deleted off google
ashry1599