NBA2K21 Tools (Roster Editor) V1.0.4 | 2021-06-06

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K21 Tools (Roster Editor) V1.0.2 | 2020-10-02

Postby jk31 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:09 am

Is it safe to use the Roster editor to change stuff in mycareer? I want to especially remove all those generated rookies that are there additionally to the real 2020 draft class (or at least make them such bad that they don't get playing time). Or will you get banned for using the tool in that mode?
jk31

Postby Salaminero on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:54 am

Thanks mate!!
Salaminero

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:14 am

jk31 wrote:Is it safe to use the Roster editor to change stuff in mycareer? I want to especially remove all those generated rookies that are there additionally to the real 2020 draft class (or at least make them such bad that they don't get playing time). Or will you get banned for using the tool in that mode?

Hey jk31, did you ever get 2Ktools to work in regards to matching up the city courts and jerseys? I believe a guy named Den2K makes the courts. I followed ShadyMike's tutorial on how to do it, but it refuses to save my edits.
Uncle Drew

Postby johnwest1985 on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:48 am

same question
johnwest1985

Postby jacobrd1983 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:17 pm

jk31 wrote:Is it safe to use the Roster editor to change stuff in mycareer? I want to especially remove all those generated rookies that are there additionally to the real 2020 draft class (or at least make them such bad that they don't get playing time). Or will you get banned for using the tool in that mode?

I just got this game for PC (been waiting for the sale) and what I would do on 2K20 was just modify the rookie's CFID, name, etc. Or can copy and paste from a created roster. Tedious but it worked on MyCareer for 2K20 and I imagine that it will work for 2K21.
jacobrd1983

Postby Mygoskotostras on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:54 am

I don't know if i am the only one but i cant see players, jerseys or shoes previews.
Mygoskotostras

Postby justsnooze on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:39 am

Anyone find a way to matching up city courts and jersey with 2k21 tool?
justsnooze

Postby jk31 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 am

justsnooze wrote:Anyone find a way to matching up city courts and jersey with 2k21 tool?

What everyone states just does not work. As soon as you load up the roster, where you saved your changes, they will have reverted back to normal.

Same with jerseys! I edit a roster where I want to assign other jerseys to a team (the roster is for the All-Star Game in our online league, so I assigned the All-Star Jerseys to one of the teams). I exit the roster editor, save the roster and as soon as I load up the roster, the All-Star Jerseys are gone and again the team has their default jerseys.
jk31

Postby jk31 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:29 am

Uncle Drew wrote:

Hey jk31, did you ever get 2Ktools to work in regards to matching up the city courts and jerseys? I believe a guy named Den2K makes the courts. I followed ShadyMike's tutorial on how to do it, but it refuses to save my edits.

No, never got it to work and also never got any reaction by ShadyMike or anyone else who supposedly got it to work.
jk31

Postby looyh on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:45 am

jk31 wrote:
justsnooze wrote:Anyone find a way to matching up city courts and jersey with 2k21 tool?

What everyone states just does not work. As soon as you load up the roster, where you saved your changes, they will have reverted back to normal.

Same with jerseys! I edit a roster where I want to assign other jerseys to a team (the roster is for the All-Star Game in our online league, so I assigned the All-Star Jerseys to one of the teams). I exit the roster editor, save the roster and as soon as I load up the roster, the All-Star Jerseys are gone and again the team has their default jerseys.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Hook, and enabled "rostercustomdata".
looyh

Postby maumau78 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:13 am

looyh wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Hook, and enabled "rostercustomdata".

Looyh any chanche you could bring to 2k21:

- use team jersey for All Star Team
- team id load (scoreboard,wipes,...)

We really miss those :-(

Thanks in adv.
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:04 pm

looyh wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Doubled and triple checked this, any way we can get a v1.03 with this functionality added back? You can no longer save the custom court id's to the jerseys anymore it just reverts back to normal not sure if this is due to a 2K Patch
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby NewJerseyNets on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:12 am

jk31 wrote:

Are you only assigning the Jersey to the team from the jersey tab? Because if so, you need to also go into the team tab and assign the jersey to a slot there too. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue though.

Edit: Just tried it. It works for me. I changed the Team Giannis and Team LeBron jerseys to the Kobe Mamba forever jersey and saved a roster. I closed out of the game, and reloaded the roster in Play Now and those jerseys were still assigned to those teams.
NewJerseyNets

Postby jk31 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm

NewJerseyNets wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Are you only assigning the Jersey to the team from the jersey tab? Because if so, you need to also go into the team tab and assign the jersey to a slot there too. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue though.

Edit: Just tried it. It works for me. I changed the Team Giannis and Team LeBron jerseys to the Kobe Mamba forever jersey and saved a roster. I closed out of the game, and reloaded the roster in Play Now and those jerseys were still assigned to those teams.

Did only assign the jerseys in the team tab.

justsnooze wrote:and enabled "rostercustomdata".

This did the trick. Why such crucial information like this is stated NOWHERE is out of my mind to be honest...
jk31

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 am

jk31 wrote:
NewJerseyNets wrote:
jk31 wrote:

This did the trick. Why such crucial information like this is stated NOWHERE is out of my mind to be honest...

Can you elaborate on exactly what you did?
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby winedown1 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 am

maumau78 wrote:
looyh wrote:
jk31 wrote:
justsnooze wrote:.

Looyh any chanche you could bring to 2k21:

- use team jersey for All Star Team
- team id load (scoreboard,wipes,...)

We really miss those :-(

Thanks in adv.

This is most def. needed for scoreboard n wipes. I do hope this can be done
winedown1

Postby barsik2601 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:26 am

photos disappear when exchanging players. How to fix it?
barsik2601

Postby jk31 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:03 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
jk31 wrote:
NewJerseyNets wrote:
jk31 wrote:

What should I elaborate? I activated the option "rostercustomdata" of the NBA 2k hook, like he mentioned.
jk31

Postby justsnooze on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:06 pm

jk31 wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
jk31 wrote:
NewJerseyNets wrote:
jk31 wrote:

What should I elaborate? I activated the option "rostercustomdata" of the NBA 2k hook, like he mentioned.

i've already enabled the option but it's not working for me
justsnooze

Postby jk31 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:35 am

Mhm, strange.

So the option is enabled:
I load up the game and go to create roster in the main menu. I tab out, open the 2k21 Tool. Then I go to "Teams", select the team I want to edit and go to the jerseys tab. There I change what I want to change. Without exiting the 2k Tools, I tab back in the game again, save the roster. Then I exit the 2k tool.
jk31

Postby x6king6x on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 pm

How to use custom roster for mycareer?
x6king6x

Postby Torslov123 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:10 am

Manimal903 wrote:Im having a problem..the program crashes few seconds after i open it. Is anyone else having this issue or know a fix or reason why?

did you solve it? and if you did how?
Torslov123

Postby basti1162 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm

jk31 wrote:Mhm, strange.

I load up the game and go to create roster in the main menu. I tab out, open the 2k21 Tool. Then I go to "Teams", select the team I want to edit and go to the jerseys tab. There I change what I want to change. Without exiting the 2k Tools, I tab back in the game again, save the roster. Then I exit the 2k tool.

I did everything the way you said, but when ever i load my custom roster, everything is overwriten back to default :cry: . Im not sure if "rostercustomdata" is activated. It says "rostercustomdata":1 in my config.txt data, and this data is located in a seperate folder "NBA2K21_Hook" in my NBA2K21 Game location. Is that correct?
basti1162

Postby jk31 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:11 pm

basti1162 wrote:
jk31 wrote:Mhm, strange.

I did everything the way you said, but when ever i load my custom roster, everything is overwriten back to default :cry: . Im not sure if "rostercustomdata" is activated. It says "rostercustomdata":1 in my config.txt data, and this data is located in a seperate folder "NBA2K21_Hook" in my NBA2K21 Game location. Is that correct?

Yes that should be correct.
jk31

Postby basti1162 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Reinstalled the hook and now it works perfectly. Thanks for your help (Y)
basti1162

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding