[Tool] Cyberface Mixer | v0.92 | 2021/07/24 | Now working without manifest!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Cyberface Mixer: Create fictional faces easily | v0.85 BETA

Postby bayareabred2khead on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:42 am

Does anyone know how to get cornrows looking right? So far with cornrows they hover about an inch over the head and will have way more space between them than the original players. Here's an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bayareabred2khead

Postby bikerjimuk on Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:43 pm

I'm loving this but am having problems adding a beard to one of my players.
He has got a new face and tattoos but every beard I have tried ends up all over his face.
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bikerjimuk

Postby bayareabred2khead on Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:50 pm

Knicks version David Lee. Young Josh McRoberts. Rookie Beno Udrih. Rick Carlisle with hair from 2010 and prior.
bayareabred2khead

Postby Jeek313 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:16 pm

bikerjimuk wrote:I'm loving this but am having problems adding a beard to one of my players.
He has got a new face and tattoos but every beard I have tried ends up all over his face.
Any ideas?
[ Image ]

Sadly, some head shapes just aren't compatible with a lot of beards. If you keep digging, I'm sure you'll find a beard that is compatible (if you try 50 different ones, odds are at least 1-3 of them will be compatible), but it might be easier to just pick a different (similar) head shape.
Jeek313

Postby bikerjimuk on Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:48 pm

Jeek313 wrote:Sadly, some head shapes just aren't compatible with a lot of beards. If you keep digging, I'm sure you'll find a beard that is compatible (if you try 50 different ones, odds are at least 1-3 of them will be compatible), but it might be easier to just pick a different (similar) head shape.

I thought it might be that, thanks for the reply and the great tool! :D

Do you think it would be possible to have the tool merge 2 chests so we could have different left and right arm tattoos just to make for greater variation?
bikerjimuk

Postby bayareabred2khead on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:08 am

Rookie Mareese Speights with hair
bayareabred2khead

Postby bikerjimuk on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:09 am

Why are you still taking pictures of your screen instead of screen grabs?

Jeek
I found a beard that works!
Any thoughts about the tattoo idea?
bikerjimuk

Postby bayareabred2khead on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:38 am

I'm only sharing a small amount of pics so I figured I'll just stick with what I'm used to.
bayareabred2khead

Postby Jeek313 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 pm

bikerjimuk wrote:
Jeek313 wrote:Do you think it would be possible to have the tool merge 2 chests so we could have different left and right arm tattoos just to make for greater variation?

It's certainly doable, I'm just not sure if it's worth the effort - if more people were interested in that feature then I would consider it.

For now, you can always export two separate cyberfaces (identical ones except for different tattoos) and combine the chest textures manually in Photoshop.

Congrats on finding a compatible beard, btw!
Jeek313

Postby bikerjimuk on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks
I have done similar but find it tricky matching the skin colours.
Once again, it's a great help for creating faces.
bikerjimuk

Postby bikerjimuk on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:24 pm

HI
I'm guessing it 's the same answer for this one too?
Is there an option\value in the scne we can change? I tried altering one of the centre values a bit but it didn't seem to change, wondered if I was on the right track before I waste any more time?

bikerjimuk

Postby Jeek313 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:21 pm

bikerjimuk wrote:HI
I'm guessing it 's the same answer for this one too?
Is there an option\value in the scne we can change? I tried altering one of the centre values a bit but it didn't seem to change, wondered if I was on the right track before I waste any more time?

[ Image ]

Yup, you can either:
a) find a hair that fits better (lucky for you, there are tons of variations of this hairstyle in the game, so you might be able to find what you need - you can browse the portraits here and look for similar hairstyles), or
b) you can edit the hair (or the head) in Blender. There are tutorials on cyberface editing in Blender on youtube, tutorials for NBA 2K18 still work for 2K21.
Jeek313

Postby bikerjimuk on Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:06 pm

Ah, thought that would be it.
Was hoping there was a quick and dirty fix in a scne file like for the chest tearing on using 20 CFs in 21.
Thanks again
bikerjimuk

Postby sagramore on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Here's mine
sagramore

Postby Mr_Worldwiide on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:08 am

This tool used to work for me. Now, all of a sudden, anything I generate crashes my game. Old faces I made in the past and used to work now crash it.
Mr_Worldwiide

Postby LoyolaMagic on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am

It dosen't work for me, what do I change my config folder to say?
LoyolaMagic

Postby LoyolaMagic on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am

I can't find CSV base in file, How do I fix that?
LoyolaMagic

Postby LoyolaMagic on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:39 am

I can't find CSV base in file, How do I fix that?
LoyolaMagic

Postby Jeek313 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Mr_Worldwiide wrote:This tool used to work for me. Now, all of a sudden, anything I generate crashes my game. Old faces I made in the past and used to work now crash it.

Still works for me with the latest version of the game. Have you installed any mods lately?

Do other cyberfaces work (ones created by modders)? If not, then maybe your NBA2K Hook files got removed, perhaps by an overzealous anti-virus or by clicking verify game files in Steam. I would try re-installing the hook.
Jeek313

Postby Jeek313 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:55 pm

LoyolaMagic wrote:I can't find CSV base in file, How do I fix that?

This isn't enough information for me to understand your problem and help you. The term "CSV base" doesn't make any sense to me.

Please copy-paste the exact error message you're getting, word for word. Or post a screenshot.
Jeek313

Postby bikerjimuk on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Yeah, I always find if you want help with an issue, that it helps to give as little info as possible ;-)
bikerjimuk

Postby Mr_Worldwiide on Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:47 am

Jeek313 wrote:
Mr_Worldwiide wrote:This tool used to work for me. Now, all of a sudden, anything I generate crashes my game. Old faces I made in the past and used to work now crash it.

Still works for me with the latest version of the game. Have you installed any mods lately?

Do other cyberfaces work (ones created by modders)? If not, then maybe your NBA2K Hook files got removed, perhaps by an overzealous anti-virus or by clicking verify game files in Steam. I would try re-installing the hook.

Other cyberface mods work perfectly fine for me, such as John Wall, Trae Young, Anthony Davis. I reinstalled the Hook, it was already set up and there was no change. I believe this problem happened around March to early April. I found out that I had an old Chris Paul with Ja's Hair that I didn't recently generate and that worked fine for me.

Here is my spreadsheet: https://imgur.com/ASDXWu2
Here is the applications folder: https://imgur.com/hBbT04U
Here is my config: https://imgur.com/ForYjQE
Mr_Worldwiide

Postby Jeek313 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:36 pm

Mr_Worldwiide wrote:
Jeek313 wrote:

Other cyberface mods work perfectly fine for me, such as John Wall, Trae Young, Anthony Davis. I reinstalled the Hook, it was already set up and there was no change. I believe this problem happened around March to early April. I found out that I had an old Chris Paul with Ja's Hair that I didn't recently generate and that worked fine for me.

I've noticed in your config, that you're exporting to a subfolder (/MFolders/CFMixer) inside your Mods folder. Do you then copy the cyberfaces manually to the root of your Mods folder? Because I'm pretty sure that the Hook doesn't load files from custom nested subfolders, so your cyberface files should be directly in the Mods directory.
Jeek313

Postby Mr_Worldwiide on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:16 am

Jeek313 wrote:
Mr_Worldwiide wrote:
Jeek313 wrote:

I've noticed in your config, that you're exporting to a subfolder (/MFolders/CFMixer) inside your Mods folder. Do you then copy the cyberfaces manually to the root of your Mods folder? Because I'm pretty sure that the Hook doesn't load files from custom nested subfolders, so your cyberface files should be directly in the Mods directory.

I use this mod enabler https://imgur.com/8pd6znL to organize my mods. In my main mods folder, I have the CF Mixer folder which I enable through the application. I will try dragging it by hand though in the future. I tried the Cyberface Mixer on 2k20 using my typical method and it seems to work perfectly fine.
Mr_Worldwiide

Postby BlazerGun1 on Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:23 am

sagramore wrote:Here's mine

what is the hairstyle u used?
BlazerGun1

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding