Assign Jabari to BOS? Any Easier Way to Avoid FaceID 1 changes?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Assign Jabari to BOS? Any Easier Way to Avoid FaceID 1 changes?

Postby gyozalee on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:21 am

Folks, 2 questions that I would like to ask:

Q1: Does anyone has headshots of the following players:
  • Isaac Okoro (Cavaliers)
  • Kevin Porter Jr (Rockets) -- doesn't matter if he's in Cavaliers
  • James Ennis (Magic)
  • Cole Anthony (Magic)

Q2: I was looking for sticky thread where I can post my question, as oppose to creating new thread every single time; do we have one?
I guess the intention is if we can stick questions/requests in 1 thread, rather than polluting the NBA 2K21 Modding parent thread :geek:
Last edited by gyozalee on Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:36 am, edited 12 times in total.
gyozalee

Re: Headshots for Okoro, Kev Porter Jr, Ennis & Cole Anthony + Sticky Thread for ...

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:29 am

Can you not get the headshots from nba.com?
And you can reply to your previous thread with a new question and if you edit the first part you can change the title\topic
bikerjimuk

Re: Headshots for Okoro, Kev Porter Jr, Ennis & Cole Anthony + Sticky Thread for ...

Postby gyozalee on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:35 am

bikerjimuk wrote:Can you not get the headshots from nba.com?
And you can reply to your previous thread with a new question and if you edit the first part you can change the title\topic

I wasn't aware that you could do it that way; in fact, I would love to do it myself but I don't know how. Apology for my noobness.

Is there any tutorial on how to convert jpeg to .iff? What size of image is the headshot? I hope you're not annoyed with my question because i genuinely don't know how to do it.

EDIT: I had a look and unarchive the .iff file from other headshots and I can see 2 files in it:
  • chr_gXXXX.dds
  • chr_gXXXX.TXTR

bro, i've got no clue what I'm dealing with LOL ... that's fine; i'll wait if someone has headshots of any of these players; no rush.

Understood about Q2 part; i shall do that going forward.
gyozalee

Re: Headshots for Okoro, Kev Porter Jr, Ennis & Cole Anthony

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:09 am

You need a dds plugin for your paint package and then save the headshot from nba.com as chr****.dds then copy it over the iff in the mods folder.
bikerjimuk

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:28 pm

Here's a quick KPJr for you
The pic from nba needed a bit of resizing and moving to the bottom of the pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bikerjimuk

Postby rp71gc on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:06 pm

You can check at the download section brother I upload it 30 Teams Mega Headshot Pack
rp71gc

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Wish I'd known this an hour or so ago ;-)
bikerjimuk

Postby gyozalee on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:15 am

Thank you fam! And my apology to @bikerjimuk, had i knew there's this megapack, I wouldn't have asked. Appreciate the assistance.
gyozalee

Re: Is There Best Practice when Naming Your .iff Files?

Postby gyozalee on Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:28 am

Folks, naming convention wise, how do you normally name your Cyberface (face*, png*), Full Body Portrait (chr_r*) & Head Shot file names (chr_g*) ?

I am thinking of this from easiness to maintain custom roster with the objective of less configuration as possible for future updates.

I'm going to take an example of Tyrese Maxey via default 2K roster:
  • His default Face ID is 8011.
  • His default Portrait ID is 9820.
  • His default Headshot ID is 0.

Would you name all your .iff files to 8011 or 9820?

gyozalee

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:12 am

For 2K rosters stick with their names to avoid issues. For any cyberfaces I add to my roster(s) I keep a text file to keep track of what I did. For custom rosters use numbers that are out of the range that 2K uses.
Bassman58

Postby jk31 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:48 pm

gyozalee wrote:Folks, 2 questions that I would like to ask:

Q1: Does anyone has headshots of the following players:
  • Isaac Okoro (Cavaliers)
  • Kevin Porter Jr (Rockets) -- doesn't matter if he's in Cavaliers
  • James Ennis (Magic)
  • Cole Anthony (Magic)

Q2: I was looking for sticky thread where I can post my question, as oppose to creating new thread every single time; do we have one?
I guess the intention is if we can stick questions/requests in 1 thread, rather than polluting the NBA 2K21 Modding parent thread :geek:

Well in my opinion a new thread every time is better. You will give this thread his own title so that everyone knows what it is about and if someone knows an answer, he will click on the thread. Youl also will be able to find it after days/weeks/years. Whereas when there is just one big thread with multiple pages you won't ever find anything again after a short time.
jk31

Time to wrap up User Custom Roster !!!

Postby gyozalee on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 am

Trade deadline today!!! who's excited? :lol:

Tomorrow i'll start preparing the final roster of the season and kick off myLeague (finally).

There's be lots of 2K21Tools editing, particularly FaceID alteration ... arghh not looking forward (but got to have it done for myLeague).

And there'll be definitely lots of nipples showing up on the first go as I used some of png*.iff from 2K20, which I hope I am able to edit without having to start myLeague from beginning.
gyozalee

Re: Time to wrap up User Custom Roster !!!

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:40 pm

gyozalee wrote:Trade deadline today!!! who's excited? :lol:

Tomorrow i'll start preparing the final roster of the season and kick off myLeague (finally).

There's be lots of 2K21Tools editing, particularly FaceID alteration ... arghh not looking forward (but got to have it done for myLeague).

And there'll be definitely lots of nipples showing up on the first go as I used some of png*.iff from 2K20, which I hope I am able to edit without having to start myLeague from beginning.

I don't think they'll be any blockbuster trades. Just small moves. That's just me.
Uncle Drew

Postby kidhybrid89 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:
gyozalee wrote:Trade deadline today!!! who's excited? :lol:

I don't think they'll be any blockbuster trades. Just small moves. That's just me.

So far pretty accurate. I'm thinking one or two of the bigger names will be moved but it will a last second type of deal.
kidhybrid89

Postby gyozalee on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:48 am

Uncle Drew wrote:I don't think they'll be any blockbuster trades. Just small moves. That's just me.

not sure if those ain't blockbuster trades, but plenty of moves i must say to do it manually.

i would rather 2K does it for me.
gyozalee

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 pm

gyozalee wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:I don't think they'll be any blockbuster trades. Just small moves. That's just me.

not sure if those ain't blockbuster trades, but plenty of moves i must say to do it manually.

i would rather 2K does it for me.

Yup, more moves than I expected. 45 players were traded yesterday, which is a all-time record. Denver was the big winner, In my book, followed by Miami and Chicago.
Uncle Drew

Sneakers/Kicks Assignments + Is It Possible to Use Cyberface in MyGM mode?

Postby gyozalee on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 pm

2 questions if I may:

• Do we have save file/patch/mod for all current NBA teams players sneakers/shoes/kicks assignment? i.e. Keldon Johnson wearing Kobe Grinch or Demar Derozan sporting Kobe XI Sunset.
  • Is it possible to use the Cyberface (say Nick Young) for MyGM in NBA2K21? if so, can you please kindly advise me on how to do so?
gyozalee

Re: Why is Michael Carter Williams Cyberface looking like this? thoughts?

Postby gyozalee on Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:28 pm

Any idea why this Michael Carter Williams CF looking like this in-game? You can see there's some sort of black thingy in and around him.

This is not the first time that it happened to a player; I had this issue with Lillard too but luckily there's another Cyberface alternatives that I can go to.

But with Michael Carter Williams, this is the only CF available for 2K21; any thoughts on how to fix this?
gyozalee

Postby bremi19 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:19 pm

Maybe you can try to download his CF again. I had the same problem with a Cole Anthony CF and couldnt fix it. After a few weeks, i found a new CF and its works good. I dont know a reason.
bremi19

Postby BlazerGun1 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:09 pm

gyozalee wrote:Any idea why this Michael Carter Williams CF looking like this in-game? You can see there's some sort of black thingy in and around him.

[ Image ]

This is not the first time that it happened to a player; I had this issue with Lillard too but luckily there's another Cyberface alternatives that I can go to.

But with Michael Carter Williams, this is the only CF available for 2K21; any thoughts on how to fix this?

try to delete tangent facial hair.

if not maybe download another one or again
BlazerGun1

Postby Shuajota on Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:34 am

gyozalee wrote:Any idea why this Michael Carter Williams CF looking like this in-game? You can see there's some sort of black thingy in and around him.

[ Image ]

Send me the files and I will fix it for you.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby gyozalee on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:51 am

Shuajota wrote:Send me the files and I will fix it for you.

Thanks for the offer, @Shuajota but i don't want to take your precious time to fix such trivial MCW CF. I thought there'll be an easy fix but if not, that's cool. I can live with his default 2K CF,which is not actually bad, i mean his default CF is not generic.

Thank you once again. You're too kind.
gyozalee

Postby Uncle Drew on Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:00 pm

bremi19 wrote:Maybe you can try to download his CF again. I had the same problem with a Cole Anthony CF and couldnt fix it. After a few weeks, i found a new CF and its works good. I dont know a reason.

It's Brandon Ingram for me.
Uncle Drew

Postby Shuajota on Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 pm

Don't worry guys, if you need to fix a bug, you can count on me. Send me the files by mail to dnaobb@gmail.com or a pm and I will help you as soon as I can.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby gyozalee on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:18 am

Shuajota wrote:Don't worry guys, if you need to fix a bug, you can count on me. Send me the files by mail to dnaobb@gmail.com or a pm and I will help you as soon as I can.

i might take up on your offer (shortly) once I validate all the CF in-game because this issue can't be seen in Edit mode, which makes it a tad difficult to validate so the only way to verify it is by playing games (and lots of games).

But in saying that, you will be my last avenue if there is no other CFs available.
gyozalee

Next

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding