Roster mods tool

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Roster mods tool

Postby srgsOUthpaw on Tue May 04, 2021 3:02 am

I’ve searched as best as I could for any posts around modding rosters. I’m mostly seeing content involving them PC game version only.

I’m specifically asking if there is a tool available to mod rosters for NBA 2k21 on Xbox One?
Can the rosters be saved to a usb from Xbox One console and then modded on a pc?

My main purpose is to remove the nicknames that comes by default when you create a player. Or I’ll just replace the data within the nicknames field with a player’s last name. Now, this occurs because I downloaded a fictional roster from another gamer. So I’m at the discretion of how they created the entire roster file for all 30 teams.

Nonetheless, I'm not fond of all the players being called ‘abc’ by Kevin Harlan in the game.
Quite frankly, not every player is deserving of a nickname
srgsOUthpaw

Re: Roster mods tool

Postby Andrew on Tue May 04, 2021 4:21 pm

I believe the answers are no and no. It used to be possible on 360 as Vlad figured out the file format of the roster saves, which could be copied over to a PC, edited with RED MC, and then copied back to the console. Methods and file formats have changed though, and as far as I'm aware, none of the tools we have will work with X1 or PS4. Even PC modding has had to adjust accordingly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding