Custom Lighting Pack

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K21 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Custom Lighting Pack

Postby Santicruyff on Tue May 18, 2021 9:57 pm

OP updated with brightness adjustment of players in six arenas

johnwest1985 wrote:@Santicruyff ! I will go through the arenas and get back to you today/tomorrow... Orlando for example was already a bit brighter i noticed.

Thanks bro, I went ahead and checked everything, there you have the arenas where I saw that they needed to fix the brightness of the players, let me know what you think.
Santicruyff

Postby Doctor Kicks on Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 pm

I think the best basis could be the Golden State, LA Clipps, Miami..the lighting on those courts are by far the best of them all.. I think Portland and Boston for example needs some adjustments a bit darker than it's supposed to,,Im gonna try to help out for the perfection of these beautiful project of yours man... keep it up!
You like my work? , Please consider leaving a tip! :wink:

https://paypal.me/DoctorKicks21?locale.x=en_US

Gcash 09171166213

Don't forget to follow me on my FB Page and Instagram

Doctor Kicks

Postby johnwest1985 on Tue May 18, 2021 10:34 pm

Also when i compare the pictures from real and 2k you made it looks great but its not only the darkness of the skintones... Its also that the midtones of the skins are too saturated if you looks closely. Now that is maybe hard to adjust unless you use a reshade. So in that case a suggestion could be to first fix the highlights like you said, then the skin saturation with a reshade ( mostly in midtones ) and after that the floors and arenas since they will lose some of the saturation. I know this would be a huge process but i think its the only correct way to do it ? Unless one could change skintones in another way like in the global ? In the pictures below i slightly added highlights, and changed saturation of the midtones with reshade. Personally i think its more realistic.

johnwest1985

Postby johnwest1985 on Tue May 18, 2021 10:52 pm

you can see its more then only brightness but also saturation if u compare. This mostly shows with darkskin players since their skin is in the midtone range.
johnwest1985

Postby sk8pop on Thu May 20, 2021 11:36 am

I will be sincere while my opinion, I already advance is my opinion.
But I think there are people talking more than they should, their work is excellent, there is nothing to improve, it's great!

Thank you for everything (Santicruyff)
sk8pop

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu May 20, 2021 12:33 pm

My opinion is that what actually is lacking is a honoust discussion on what we want to see... thats how it was done back in the days of 2k14 for example. Its just discord. I think everybody was showing respect and praise to Cruyff for his work. We dont require anything from him. He actually himself asked what our thoughts where. I just gave my thoughts with some pictures. Dont really see the issue.
johnwest1985

Postby ernel2014 on Thu May 20, 2021 3:24 pm

This work is straight :fire: :fire: :100: :100: :fire: using it now.
ernel2014

Postby Santicruyff on Thu May 20, 2021 8:24 pm

DAVID-SEP wrote:I will be sincere while my opinion, I already advance is my opinion.
But I think there are people talking more than they should, their work is excellent, there is nothing to improve, it's great!

Thank you for everything (Santicruyff)

Don't worry bro, they are only advices, I appreciate your support and your recognition, and in part I think like you regarding my work, I feel very comfortable with it and I love the way it is, because there is a lot of time and dedication invested in it, and for sure except for some very radical change, I will leave the sands as they are after the arrangement I did, mostly because I don't have the necessary time, and in the free time I have, I am making a personal list and some other things, which does not mean I don't listen to advice, and with the last ones I have received I want to point out a couple of things.
The first thing I know that there will be arenas in which we will like one lighting more than another, and we would like the rest to be just as perfect, but that's what makes it different, not everything has that perfection, each arena retains something of reality and in some it will be impossible to approach its perfection, but if resemble, and as for reality, as I said in my first post, it may seem so, but in my opinion it will never be like reality because there are many more factors that the game can not represent even with the reshade. What I want to make clear is that I will not make the same kind of lighting for all the arenas, because it is something I don't like, even though it may be ideal to the eye for many people, I like the difference that may exist between them.
The second thing, maybe using reshade and doing a lot more editing afterwards might be the perfect thing, I don't know, but I don't think I'll try it that way because it's a lot of work, and I don't have time available to do it, I've gone another way and tried something just editing a little bit the global by changing the hue and brightness of the players, and using reshade to the minimum, and when I say to the minimum, is because I only use something that anyone can use without affecting the performance of your pc and I only remove the little bit of saturation in some arenas and players, I hope you like it and my advice is that you do not reduce more the level of saturation in the reshade, because it could affect the rest of the arena and break a little what I am offering from the beginning with this lighting mod, and that you use it only in the arena that you think convenient or not.
Thanks for your patience and trust in me, it is a pleasure to contribute to this community.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d5ze2lm7 ... n.rar/file

ernel2014 wrote:This work is straight :fire: :fire: :100: :100: :fire: using it now.

Thank you very much bro, your words are very much appreciated and are an honor to receive them, because it comes from someone I admire for everything he does with this game and your dedication to this community as a person.
Santicruyff

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu May 20, 2021 8:27 pm

i tried with a custom nvidia freestyle + reshade and the result is IMO amazing.

sticky-fingers

Postby Santicruyff on Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:i tried with a custom nvidia freestyle + reshade and the result is IMO amazing.

[ Image ]

It's awesome, I love the way it looks :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Santicruyff

Postby johnwest1985 on Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 pm

Thanks again !!! Good you gave your vision..
johnwest1985

Postby buddaking on Sat May 22, 2021 3:29 am

These look great santicruyff. Especially the Knicks arena lighting :D

Im glad you add the delta logo with the correct flooring color pattern.

Big thanks for taking the time out your day to bring us these great arena. Im always thankful for your work.
buddaking

Postby Ray4Three0906 on Tue May 25, 2021 5:27 pm

Santicruyff, Do you plan on doing the alternative courts? Bucks, Kings, Magic, Nuggets, and Warriors Classic.
Ray4Three0906

Postby Santicruyff on Wed May 26, 2021 4:42 am

Ray4Three0906 wrote:Santicruyff, Do you plan on doing the alternative courts? Bucks, Kings, Magic, Nuggets, and Warriors Classic.

No bro, sorry, I will not do them, because precisely, except for Kings that changed its floor and now the alternative is also used for City is already included in this lighting mod, all others can be found here in this link of 2k20 of rtomb_03, where you can find them in a great quality and are the same that I use because the floors if they are compatible between 2k20 and 2k21. I hope you enjoy them.
viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110337
Santicruyff

Postby Ray4Three0906 on Thu May 27, 2021 5:18 pm

I see the the Warriors' Chase Center is the only one with fogs. Any reason why its style particularly differs from others?
Ray4Three0906

Postby Santicruyff on Thu May 27, 2021 7:57 pm

Ray4Three0906 wrote:I see the the Warriors' Chase Center is the only one with fogs. Any reason why its style particularly differs from others?

No, it's just a personal preference, I liked the way it looked with the final result and I didn't remove it.
Santicruyff

Postby sk8pop on Fri May 28, 2021 10:30 pm

Hello master, do you also work with dornas? it would be great to make them in your incredible stadium package.
sk8pop

Postby Nemesis96 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:39 am

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Nemesis96

Postby Santicruyff on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:06 am

Nemesis96 wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this?

[ Image ]

That is from the led001.iff file, you may be using one from another mod and it appears like that, I checked it just in case there was something wrong with mine, but as you can see in the image I can see the one that should be.
Santicruyff

Postby Santicruyff on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:13 am

DAVID-SEP wrote:Hello master, do you also work with dornas? it would be great to make them in your incredible stadium package.

Hi bro, I'm using the dornas that Twist made in 2k20, and I have only changed small things, like two advertisements that appeared from Fox tv for other two from Bally Sports for the Bucks and Suns arenas, otherwise I still use Twist's and I'm very happy with them, I leave a link here in case someone has not tried them yet. . viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108004
Santicruyff

Postby brynteric on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:15 am

Thanks for the hardwork and sharing them with the community
brynteric

Postby Roca on Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:27 pm

The Hawks rim color don't match each other
Thank you for this!
Roca

Postby oneeyedroll on Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm

It seems you don't have the Classic Warriors Court, can you make it? Image
oneeyedroll

Postby oneeyedroll on Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:03 pm

And also the Statement Court for the Milwaukee Bucks Image
oneeyedroll

Postby Santicruyff on Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:53 pm

oneeyedroll wrote:And also the Statement Court for the Milwaukee Bucks [ Image ]

Hi, the floors that you can't find here you can get them in this thread of rtomb_03 viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110337 , they are floors that have not been modified this year in real life and that's why I didn't include them in my pack, also as rtomb_03 already has them there they seem perfect to me and they are the ones I have for my personal use. They are from 2k20, but the floors work perfectly in 2k21. I hope you like them and enjoy them.
Santicruyff

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K21 Modding