NBA 2K22 (& Beyond) Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:21 pm

Administrative Note: This is being posted much later than is ideal. I'll admit to succumbing to cynicism and burnout when it comes to the Wishlists, and ended up dragging my feet creating the topic as a result. However, we want to promote more discussion of the games, and our philosophy has always been that the Wishlists can only yield positive results. My apologies for the lateness; moving forward, we'll be more proactive with these initiatives again. Some suggestions may be too late to have a big impact on NBA 2K22, but they will still be useful feedback for the future. Thank you for your understanding, and please get involved!

Here is our official NBA 2K22 (& Beyond) Wishlist topic! This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make future NBA 2K games better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K22 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K20, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K20 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback in an organised list, which will also contain a "Top Wishes" section based on general consensus.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K21 by Andrew on Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:16 pm.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K22 (& Beyond) Wishlist

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Tbh, I just want a next-gen PC version with anti-cheat measures and crossplay with consoles (or at least within Xbox eco-system).
I could then go from there, but having only played last-gen is limiting to my wishlist.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:29 pm

More VC
More unskippable ads ingame
More sliding
More candy animations
More input delay
More inaccurate rosters
More generic bench players for retro teams
More brightness on bright colors to look next gen
sticky-fingers

Postby Dmayne on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:28 am

-PC "Next Gen" Version
-Less Sliding
-Less Candy Animations
-Less Online Modes
-More Offline Modes
-Complete roster overhaul... Updated stats/tendencies/cfs/accessories/SHOES. Especially for RETRO TEAMS. (We need a accurate roster base, the game will play and look better for years)
-Let us COMPLETELY EDIT all retro and generic players/coaches/staff. (Including body/face/career stats)
-Updated retro team Courts/Arenas/Textures/Colors/Atmosphere.
-Updated Team/Jersey/Gear colors, especially for the RETRO TEAMS.
-Give us/update all the shoe colorways and/or let our custom made colorways/shoes work with uploaded rosters.
-Complete TNT scoreboard/presentation.
Dmayne

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:38 am

sticky-fingers wrote:More VC
More unskippable ads ingame
More sliding
More candy animations
More input delay
More inaccurate rosters
More generic bench players for retro teams
More brightness on bright colors to look next gen

I understand the frustration, and you are highlighting issues that many would like to see tweaked/fixed (though, through sarcasm)

Let's try and keep this topic open for detailed suggestions and constructive criticism/critiques. Devs are looking at these threads, I feel that it is important to be as detailed and constructive as possible in here.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mjk2000 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:49 pm

We need more retro teams and retro players.
It is also worth adding ABA.
Miami Floridians: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGGPnHfdHCo
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k21: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111763
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k20: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109889
mjk2000

Postby ursupermann222 on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:55 pm

Maybe it's just me personally, but the two things that make me rage more than anything else:

1. Choosing my roll/fade on a PnR, only for my AI teammate to do whatever they want.
2. Even with "Help Defense" at zero, my AI teammate deciding to leave Curry/Dame/Beal wide open to come (weakly) double team the ball handler with me.

So, I guess a better AI. One that doesn't rely on animations and listens to player input.
ursupermann222

Postby Pep on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:06 pm

If they gave it a proper treatment (not like with Euroleague) then FIBA 5x5 and 3x3 could be a great addition.
Also add an abillity to sort teams via city name. NBA Live 2000 had that and it could be a compromise between default sorting and people who don't like it.

Edit: I'd forget about co-ed matchups.
Last edited by Pep on Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby yummybear on Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:35 pm

I wish 2k22 have these:

1. FIBA world cup
2. Improve the my GM, as just talking to your player as GM, will skip the game automatically, lessen the conversation task as its not fun having a lot of it.
3. Not sure if this is already included, on MyLeague can we have an option to have a fixed 29 games only for 1 season
4. Face scan should be accessible easily as we are experiencing console missing for epic games.
5. Wish to have an alternative than using face scan, something that we can just use set of photos, so i can create a younger version of me :)
yummybear

Postby eda on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:05 am

Fiba world cup/Olympics would be a dream come true.
I know it won't happen, though.
What they could do is enable us to export custom teams from My league so they are playable in a quick match.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby Amioran on Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:04 am

- Next Gen for PC (imperative, at least for gameplay). For consoles they could easily scale back the next gen engine to make it work on old consoles while keeping the next gen engine improvements (I don't know if 2K has done this, one can only hope, but it would be a first) instead of having two completely separate versions, the old one still containing all the old legacy issues.

- Crossplay (at least for what it concerns sharing rosters, sliders, drafts), at this point it is a must. For PC we need at all costs a anti-cheat system, elsewhere we can never enter in the crossplay discussion for online play.

- Even if I know they will never do it, separate offline gameplay from the online one (there are many ways in which the matter can be approached without even the need to separate the modes completely). Even just completely different set of sliders (generating more realistic gameplay for offline and more arcade on online) along with a different emphasis on players' attributes vs user's stick skill, for example, would be a start.

- Speaking of sliders, they should add many more options to change (as for example contested shot chance, post fades/hooks chance, moving vs standing shot chance etc. etc.) because the ones we have now are not enough to really tailor the gameplay as one wants to (and most of the times it's necessary since the default sliders are usually tailored for online PvP). Also they should separate the slider set of AI from the user's one for those that play with player lock (elsewhere when you start increasing difficulty your team starts to miss all shots and generally play bad). Also giving the user the ability to change a limited set of sliders up to a certain point even for MyCareer would be a thing to take in consideration IMO.

- Less reliance on canned animations and more on natural physics. The game is slowly starting to show the same problems on the matter that Madden has, and that's never a good thing.

- Please bring back the "weight" (for lack of a better term) that movement/actions had prior to 2K18 (but even in 2K17 you could notice some difference on this aspect than before, albeit much much less than 2K18 onwards). I don't know why but even jump shot animations have not the same feeling as before (one just need to look at the difference that contesting a shot had on the shooter before vs now). Since the introduction of the new motion engine in 2K18 the game lost much of the sense of physics impacting the players. I cannot know why this happens ((I can come up with numerous hypothesis on why that's so but without knowing the internal implementation I cannot know for certainty) as probably just the contrary is true and the new motion engine actually introduced more physical calculations than before, but the final result gives this impression, making everything that happens on the court seem fake. As I said above the game feels much more tied to animations than physics and this gives the impression of having to do with objects moving on the screen instead of controlling real humans on a basketball court. Every action seem to have lost is impact and weight and players seem to just float instead of moving over a concrete floor. Next gen is surely an improvement on this direction but there's still much work to do to bring back the sense of weight players had before (and the physical impact every action had).

- The gameplay is too robotic, too predictable, not many random mistakes or unforeseen events occurring (and this is evidenced by the total lack of turnovers outside of steals or interceptions). I understand that if you add a random system in the online gameplay you will receive countless complaints, but that's another motive as to why it is imperative to separate the online from offline gameplay. Humans are not robots, they do mistakes once in a while (especially while under pressure and/or with lack of experience) and that's what also adds to the beauty of a sport.

- The shooting faults from outside the paint are still almost inexistent (yet another instance of online gameplay influencing offline one). The modern rules on the spacing needed by a shooter on landing seems to not be taken at all in consideration (or very little so). You can literally jump from 15-20 feet to contest a shot (btw it's totally unrealistic that everyone can do such a thing, a clear example of animations taking precedence over physics) landing where the shooter is without any fault called (while the shot is naturally heavily contested). Not only many of those contests will not trouble the shooting so much (since in many cases they happen after the release motion started) but they would be result in a fault 90% of the time in the modern NBA.

- Give us more freedom on what we do on the court. Many actions are decided contextually by the engine instead of being directed by our choices. For example if you move back (on the stick) while in the close shot area and shoot then you will do a fadeway shot, but if you do the same exact thing outside of the close shot area then you will do a stepback shot. Another classic example is that you cannot force a dunk; let me miss, even injure myself if I want to go against a 7'2 big dunking at the rim but give me the choice to do it if I actually want to do it.

- Please hire someone to work on tendencies of players and rosters because in the past year the vanilla roster is a total mess. For example just the intangibles rating messes everything when you do leagues of more than an year. I can understand that the majority of the money is on the online modes but there are still many people that play the game as a basketball sim and if you offer a NBA mode then you should put some actual work in the actual players.

- Please work on the post game because after 2K19 it has been nerfed too much (even because of certain defensive badges that shouldn't be in the game).

- Speaking of badges: please (please) remove the totally overpowered and completely unrealistic badges present (as intimidator, pogo stick, hall of fame posterizer etc.) and if possible (and this separating offline gameplay from online would immensely help) have the skill of players be more reliant on attributes than badges themselves.

- The best would be to rework the shot contest system as its results as things stand now are are totally inconsistent, but at the very least bring it back to how it was in 2K19 that you needed to actually - you know - contest for the shot to not be considered open. As it is now you just have to be in the close proximity to "contest" a shot.

- The sprinting animation is practically the same as the running one, apart from the speed. Sprinting IMO should have a separated animation (even better if possible if there are different sprinting animations for different players) blending with the running one depending on the speed of the player. There are many ways to approach the player's movement mechanic to be more realistic than it is now but this is not the place for it (as it would require a thread by itself to give it justice) so just making the visual aspect much more impactful than it is now would be a good start.

- Slow down the dribbling speed but have it be more impactful than it is now, so at to separate better good dribblers vs bad ones. Also the ability to execute (and the skill at which you do so) certain dribblling moves (and not just specific animations) should be tied to the ball control attribute and (in some specific cases) to position. In 2K21, for example, a power forward could do Curry slides in the same way as a PG could that's totally unrealistic.

- Bring back the "Become a legend" mode that was one of the best modes ever made. The possibilities of expansion for that mode are limitless and there's nothing like recreating the path of a player (or changing it) to become immersed in the game.

- The next gen MC builder is a good basis but more balance is needed between the various builds. If you want to give the ability to create superstars then you should give such ability to every role not just one or two. Also MC needs better branching options and choices that actually matter. Instead than focusing so much on long cutscenes imo it is much better to have shorter ones but spread in different scenarios and firing in many different circumstances. Interviews and the like also need more choices and different outcomes for the player. In short MC should be similar to a RPG in scope (naturally not with such a depth as that would require a standalone game) to really have the user feel immersed in the mode.

- Give us many of the options that you have in creating a player for MC for the roster player editing (good one for the tattoos, albeit now every single player in the vanilla draft is full of tattoos, that's a bit unrealistic).

For now I think it's enough, I will add some more later
Amioran

Postby Hadley88 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:07 am

I dont have any hope for the Franchise. Unless they change Publishers this Franchise is ruined forever.
Hadley88

Postby BrotherJRB on Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:46 pm

All offline comments below:

Easier defensive match-up and scheme selection and setup
Less penalty for trapping and zone defenses -- zone can help transition D in some cases
Assign Roles for players
More D League customization
New Create a player features or facial templates
Assign favorite plays in coaches game plan :!:
More off the ball fouls, rebounding fouls
More shot miss variety
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby yummybear on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 pm

yummybear wrote:I wish 2k22 have these:

1. FIBA world cup
2. Improve the my GM, as just talking to your player as GM, will skip the game automatically, lessen the conversation task as its not fun having a lot of it.
3. Not sure if this is already included, on MyLeague can we have an option to have a fixed 29 games only for 1 season
4. Face scan should be accessible easily as we are experiencing console missing for epic games.
5. Wish to have an alternative than using face scan, something that we can just use set of photos, so i can create a younger version of me :)

6. Callnames for created player please!
yummybear

Postby eda on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:55 am

Totally forgot.
Signature shit preview in edit player.
It's terrible and absolutely useless.
The preview almost all the time looks nothing like the result during a game on the court.
They should bring back the ability to turn camera or the player around.
Getting the right signature shot woukd be much, much easier with the correct menu.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby play297 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:12 pm

I'm playing on PC, so my list is about that version.

- Export teams for using them in exhibition or other MyLeagues
- Possibility to choose EVERY start of a new season the number of games in season and playoff
- Custom rosters and sliders in MyCareer (maybe they can disable park if you use this)
- (a dream) a complete offline and customizable MyCareer. If I want to do a 99 4" C I wish I was able to do that, without external tools

But I'll be surprised if 2K22 won't be a copy paste from 2K21, seeing what other sport franchises direction about next-gen not coming on PC.
play297

Postby Samm on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:32 pm

An updated Lebron with the right hair and beard

Accurate body types. For example KD actually looking tall and lanky with his skinny legs instead of the stumpy legged body type we currently have

Shoes that are appropriately scaled and don’t look like moon boots

Better lighting. Crazy nba live 19 or even 2k14 still have better lighting than “next gen” 2k

Now live is no more let 2k have the espn license and give us their commentary team
Samm

Postby Mastamiind on Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:08 am

I only want the ability to control the amount of teams in MyLeague. That's it.

Still wont get it most likely.
Mastamiind

Re: NBA 2K22 Wishlist

Postby gp2k25 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:20 pm

For what we pay for these games it should have everything on this list:

1. Hair styles from every era of basketball. so if you want to create a legend.
2. A way to change sox colors when creating a team, or uniform.
3. A way to create a league with less than 30 teams.
4. All rules from all era's of basketball, all styles of play also. if you want to take a blast to past. Pre 1980 there was no 3 point plays. you should be able to turn that off. also the 5 in the key for def.
5. When creating a play there should be a way to enter his season, of carear stats in and the game creates his attributes. It would make creating players more accurate.
6. the ability to have the finances for the era your trying to mimic.
7. the ability to scan a picture of a face in and it creates a Cyberface.
8. Courts and uniforms from every team in every era including the ABA.
9. Some all time teams from the ABA era as a way to pay respect.
gp2k25

Re: NBA 2K22 Wishlist

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:47 pm

gp2k25 wrote:For what we pay for these games it should have everything on this list:
2. A way to change sox colors when creating a team, or uniform.
3. A way to create a league with less than 30 teams.

2. Didn't they have this option before in like 2K19? Not in the jersey creator screen but in the jersey selection screen
3. That' is already in MyNBA
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:22 pm

-Would like to see the college arenas and Gleague arenas included in the stadium creation suite for MyNBA when creating new teams/ rebranding a team.
-Ring ceremony for expansion teams.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 am

wishing for smaller arenas in the 2K arena creator. Some for G-league, highschool, college, and recreational type gyms

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:35 pm

This is a proof of concept to the 2K Devs. I'm hoping Anton and his team see this. I have already implemented this into the game, so I am hoping you 2K art devs can help push to get this in the game for NBA 2K23 (both generations)

I think 2K should find a way to implement user ability to add full court designs to the floors when creating arenas. This feature would be available for MyNBA, TheW, MyNBA online, and ProAM.

My solution would be the following:

2K can implement 2 court floor models.
1- the current floor model that allows you to upload multiple images to a court so that the court has the look of a classic NBA, pro, College, or amateur look.

2- the second floor model only allows you to upload 1 image that will fill the entirety of the court but you will still be able to choose the colors of the court lines. example below.

I was actually able to create this floor model for 2K in less than an hour on the PC version of the game.

Thank you for time.
This quick video may also help to visualize what I am asking for. This is already possible on my side but we need this available on all consoles and pc. (This would also require image uploads to appear in game, which appears to be partially broken right now. I submitted at ticket :wink: )

phpBB [video]

( Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood or check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZetdcfyCPeRSmEVynQ )

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K22