How do you rate NBA 2K22 Current Gen? (PC, PS4, X1)

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

What score do you give the Current Gen (PC/PS4/X1) version of NBA 2K22?

No votes
No votes
No votes
9%
9%
18%
18%
18%
9%
18%

Total votes : 11

How do you rate NBA 2K22 Current Gen? (PC, PS4, X1)

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:55 pm

On a scale of one to ten, how do you rate the Current Gen version of NBA 2K22, now that it's been out for over six months and is basically in its final state following a series of patches, major and minor? What's your ultimate take on the game?

Honestly, I was underwhelmed. It's too deep and competently-made for me to give it a really low score or call it a terrible game. However, I wasn't able to get into it. I like some of the changes they made to MyTEAM, and bringing seasons into MyCAREER was a good idea. I still feel like the dribbling controls took a step backwards in NBA 2K21 though, and they didn't truly fix them in NBA 2K22. There are so many legacy issues that I can overlook in an older game, but I just find them too frustrating to experience in a newer one. It speaks volumes that I've been having more fun with the PS4 version of NBA 2K14 than either version of NBA 2K22. It's not a disaster like NBA Live 14, and it's not a major misstep like NBA 2K18. I just don't find it appealing, though. I'm too tired of the grind to get into MyCAREER and MyTEAM, and don't like the gameplay enough to play MyLEAGUE either.

I'd probably give it a score of five, because I do think it's generally well-made and certainly playable. Honestly though, I'm not moved to play it. I'd rate it lower on the enjoyment scale, but as I said, it's too well-made to deem it an utter flop with a rating of one or two out of ten. Five feels right for me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: How do you rate NBA 2K22 Current Gen? (PC, PS4, X1)

Postby play297 on Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:29 am

It sucks.

As a MyLeague player, on PC same stuff every year, now the save bug and disappearing saves are worse than ever. I can recall the same bug AT LEAST in 2K19, never fixed and never cared.

It's exhausting.

I played also some MyCareer and went trough the first month on NBA. Story is just lazy, I can literally feel the "no effort" on it, but ehy you are once again a 60/65 Ovr in the NBA lol (if you don't have any VC prior), and you still can't use custom roster/sliders

I think 2 is the right rate. The base is decent, and stop.
play297

Return to NBA 2K22