Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - From 76ers to Wizards (hopefully)

Talk about NBA 2K22 here.

Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - From 76ers to Wizards (hopefully)

Postby Kenny on Mon May 02, 2022 1:33 pm

Inspired by a MyTEAM season agenda item that required a win with 13 players from the 76ers, I decided to embark on a project of creating compilation videos for each NBA team. Since my first video was the 76ers, I’m going to be releasing these alphabetically by team name, hopefully making it all the way to the Wizards at the very end.

I’m not sure how regular this will be, but I already have a few that are done and I play MyTEAM quite often. Fingers crossed I can stick with this one.

Some parameters

Videos will be roughly 1 to 1.5 minutes in length.
A coach cannot be a player. For example, Allen Iverson isn’t playing in the 76ers compilation.
The player card must be of the selected team. So, if I have Cavs Shaq, I can’t play him on the Lakers. I must have the Lakers version of Shaq for that one.
I’ll try and add one “obscure” player… or at least one player I think will be obscure in the context of the franchise in the future. For example, keep an eye out for Romeo Langford on the Celtics when that video comes out.

The playlist

phpBB [video]
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - From 76ers to Wizards (hopefully)

Postby Andrew on Mon May 02, 2022 8:55 pm

Nicely edited! Your collection must be pretty comprehensive at this point, with how much you've been playing MyCAREER this year. Coach Rodman is still hilarious.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - From 76ers to Wizards (10/30)

Postby Kenny on Wed May 04, 2022 4:39 pm

I'm up to 10 teams now, with the latest three being the H teams: Hawks, Heat and Hornets.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Up next: The Jazz!

Andrew wrote:Nicely edited! Your collection must be pretty comprehensive at this point, with how much you've been playing MyCAREER this year. Coach Rodman is still hilarious.

Thanks man - I've got 1000+ cards at this point, so I have a lot of options on the table. Coach Rodman for the win!
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - From 76ers to Wizards (hopefully)

Postby Andrew on Fri May 06, 2022 1:07 pm

I love that music choice for the Heat video. Next best thing to using a Jimmy Buffett track.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - We're halfway there!

Postby Kenny on Fri May 06, 2022 7:32 pm

Well, I'm officially at the halfway point. I've managed to edit together five new comps in the last few days, making videos for the Jazz, Kings, Knicks, Lakers and Magic.

Interesting bit of trivia: the only game I've lost during this series has been with the Kings. In classic Sactown fashion, I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the incredibly stacked All-Time Houston Rockets.

The Knicks, Lakers and Magic games were a whole lot of fun, though.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Next up: The Mavericks... and probably the next four teams. :lol:

Andrew wrote:I love that music choice for the Heat video. Next best thing to using a Jimmy Buffett track.

It has a nice beachy vibe, so I thought it'd work well with the Heat. It's probably my favourite track in Sharefactory.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 06, 2022 8:38 pm

Some of the choices they made for the coaches in those challenges are definitely entertaining!

Another great music choice with the Jazz mix.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - Favourite team + Pelicans were fun!

Postby Kenny on Sat May 07, 2022 5:10 pm

The next five are up: Mavs, Nets, Nuggets, Pacers and Pelicans.

A few things to note from this round of comps:

-Spencer Dinwiddie was set to feature in the Nets comp, but he injured in the first play of the game.
-I had a major selection dilemma with the Nuggets. I had to choose three out of these four names: Jokic, Mutombo, Camby and Issel. Camby is probably the logical choice for omission, but he's one of my personal favs. So, unfortunately, Issel didn't make the cut.
-The Pelicans were way more fun than I expected. The Lonzo Ball/Anthony Davis combo was a great one-two punch.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Andrew wrote:Some of the choices they made for the coaches in those challenges are definitely entertaining!

Another great music choice with the Jazz mix.

There are some bizarre/entertaining ones coming up as well! I think Zion might take the cake for me, though.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun May 08, 2022 9:23 am

I think that's a fair call with the Nuggets. Sure, Issel is the more historically significant player, but from a gameplay and personal preference standpoint, gotta go with the Camby Man.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Kenny's NBA 2K22 MyTEAM compilation videos - Just four to go!

Postby Kenny on Sun May 08, 2022 7:08 pm

I've uploaded another six videos: Pistons, Raptors, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, and Thunder/Sonics.

A few notes:

-I lost both the Pistons and Raptors game... the Raptors one was a blowout.
-Bill Laimbeer actually committed a flagrant foul on Gilmore in that one play. It was just too perfect not to include.
-I had a few coaching choices for the Spurs game, with Duncan and Robinson both available. However, I decided to go for Pop since the Duncan and Robinson cards were quite cheap.
-The Thunder/Sonics comp was probably the most fun to make. I mean, GP and Kemp... how could it not be? It also got an instant copyright claim. For anyone using Sharefactory, it's a track called "Beats for Bars".

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Up next: Timberwolves, Trail Blazers, Warriors and Wizards.

Andrew wrote:I think that's a fair call with the Nuggets. Sure, Issel is the more historically significant player, but from a gameplay and personal preference standpoint, gotta go with the Camby Man.

My thoughts exactly. Plus, Camby was a DPOY with the Nuggets, so it's not like he didn't have any accolades. I'm just glad that I didn't have Birdman or Nene to confuse the issue further.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri May 13, 2022 6:53 pm

The last four: Timberwolves, Trail Blazers, Warriors and Wizards.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Well, that was fun. I'm thinking of making some more themed compilations... maybe decades, country and perhaps even revisiting the 30 teams again with different rules.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K22