Mods folder not working anymore after copying elsewhere and back

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Mods folder not working anymore after copying elsewhere and back

Postby tobay2k on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:13 am

I only copied the folder away for one boot of the game to check sth without any mods/on the default game and after copying back it isn't working anymore. Disabled/enabled mods via 2K Hook overlay but it doesn't change. Thanks for any help in advance :bowdown2:
Last edited by tobay2k on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tobay2k

Re: Mods folder not wokring anymore after copying elsewhere

Postby Shuajota on Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Tobay93 wrote:I only copied the folder away for one boot of the game to check sth without any mods/on the default game and after copying back it isn't working anymore. Disabled/enabled mods via 2K Hook overlay but it doesn't change. Thanks for any help in advance :bowdown2:

Reinstall the game, make sure you dont have previous files in the main folder and copy the content from this rar file: https://www.shuajota.com/2021/09/nba-2k ... older.html
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Re: Mods folder not working anymore after copying elsewhere

Postby tobay2k on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 pm

I did the same several times with 2K21 and mods were working again just fine after copying back the folder. I tried reinstalling the hook as well but although I didn't change anything and files are exactly the same, the mods don't work again, I don't understand it. There gotta be another workaround than reinstalling the whole game, I just copied and didn't have the mods folder inside of the main directory for one launch of the game! So strange.. Any help is appreciated.
tobay2k

Postby Shuajota on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:41 pm

Tobay93 wrote:I did the same several times with 2K21 and mods were working again just fine after copying back the folder. I tried reinstalling the hook as well but although I didn't change anything and files are exactly the same, the mods don't work again, I don't understand it. There gotta be another workaround than reinstalling the whole game, I just copied and didn't have the mods folder inside of the main directory for one launch of the game! So strange.. Any help is appreciated.

I had the same issue when I installed a reshade. I fixed it removing all the .dlls files from the main folder and reinstalling the hook v0.0.2.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby tobay2k on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:59 pm

Shuajota wrote:
Tobay93 wrote:I did the same several times with 2K21 and mods were working again just fine after copying back the folder. I tried reinstalling the hook as well but although I didn't change anything and files are exactly the same, the mods don't work again, I don't understand it. There gotta be another workaround than reinstalling the whole game, I just copied and didn't have the mods folder inside of the main directory for one launch of the game! So strange.. Any help is appreciated.

I had the same issue when I installed a reshade. I fixed it removing all the .dlls files from the main folder and reinstalling the hook v0.0.2.

Thanks again mate. That's why I did it as well, wanted to try out a reshade and compare to vanilla game version. I finally fixed it but it wasn't only deleting the .dll files for me, I had to remove everything regarding reshade + hook from the main folder and then reinstall the hook only.
tobay2k

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding