MOD IDEAS - Discussed on the NLSC podcast - Share your thoughts!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

MOD IDEAS - Discussed on the NLSC podcast - Share your thoughts!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 am

Andrew and I discussed the majority of your ideas on the latest NLSC podcast, I encourage you to check it out.

It starts around the 53 minute mark.

https://www.nba-live.com/nlsc-podcast-395-retro-kicks-lucky-breaks-modding-ideas/

This community is full of talented creators, but you don't have to be a creator to have a great mod idea. What are some mods that you would like to see in NBA 2K22? Also, creators sometimes specialize in certain areas, but cannot "do it all" (Who can???!). Creators may have ideas about mods they would like to see.

Speak up and get creative!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: MOD IDEAS - Share your thoughts!

Postby gp2k25 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:13 am

A way to configure the rules of the game in MyLeague before the league starts including turning off the 3 point.
gp2k25

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:21 am

I have one:

A way to disable the 14 player requirement per team for MyLeague. This would help out retro roster makers in a big way.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 am

I have a couple:

Import animations from older games. This might seem impossible, but many animations from 2K19 worked great with retro players and they've been removed since 2K20. For example, Drexler lost both his jumpshot base and free throw routine.

Modded gear dedicated to retro rosters (shorter striped socks, triple striped socks, Adidas Power Web arm sleeves, retro brown knee braces without sacrificing a team color to get them, etc.)
RayRay_953

Postby zetsuboushta on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:18 am

custom accessories like brooklyn camo from their city theme
zetsuboushta

Postby BlazerGun1 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 am

I wrote it on another post but still applies.

a Euroleague mode that will go more in depth like the style of the NBA - more cyberfaces, more teams (could include the Eurocup too ) and historical Euroleague teams.

as for I guess less harder to make modes - the ones I always find the best and most engaging are the ones regarding draft classes which make the MyLeague/MyGM experience much better.
BlazerGun1

Postby kidhybrid89 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:31 am

I know I'm reaching with this one but I'd love the ability to somehow add MORE than 36 teams to myleague.
kidhybrid89

Postby rickberge on Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Control frequencies of stat overlays in Myleague or when certain stats are displayed. (I love Stats)
rickberge

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 pm

blacktop with team jerseys
blacktop with park clothes
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 pm

It's not exactly an out of the box idea, but it's been a while since we've had an NLSC Community Roster; a roster made up of Forum regulars. We could perhaps even repurpose the court and jerseys from The Rec, the roster thus representing a fictional NLSC Pro-Am league of sorts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby doctahtobogganMD on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:54 am

Not one single mod but more a tutorial/ knowledge sharing request - using accessories in the game's manifest implementing them in game/the scene files. What i mean by this is earrings, hoodies, clothing, necklaces, etc. that come from mycareer/ park.
If you like my mods and want to see more follow my instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/doctahtobogganmd_/
If you REALLY like my mods and want to support me you can donate here:
https://paypal.me/DoctahTobogganMDMods?locale.x=en_US
Follow me on twitter: @MdDoctah
All of my links in one place: https://linktr.ee/doctahtobogganmd
doctahtobogganMD

Postby tobay2k on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:45 am

TGsoGood wrote:blacktop with team jerseys

Second this, anything different than the generic T-shirts with just different fonts would be dope.

Kobe Bryant tribute Blacktop court for 2K22 (https://www.shuajota.com/2020/02/nba-2k ... p.html?m=1)
(viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110337&start=100)

Cavs black sleeved jerseys finals 2016 which have been in older 2Ks already
tobay2k

Postby DEIBYS2KMOD on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:44 am

TGsoGood wrote:blacktop with team jerseys

From my point of view it would be the best, I am bored of playing every year the same, :fire: :100: :cheeky: I am working on some models, the images are for reference only
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User Discord :arrow: DEIBYS2KMOD#1430
PC :arrow: I5 3470,8G RAM,RX480
DEIBYS2KMOD

Postby 414CreamCity on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:57 pm

Not sure if this is possible, but I've always thought it'd be cool to have 5 seconds of a players chosen song play after makes.

Giannis has had the same song play on makes at home games last two seasons. Every time Middleton makes a 3 they play For the love of Money by The O'Jays.
414CreamCity

Postby jamminjx27 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 am

I Hope a modder comes up with College Hoops 2K22 like they make on FIBA and NBL mods.
jamminjx27

Postby ConfigSys on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:59 am

rickberge wrote:Control frequencies of stat overlays in Myleague or when certain stats are displayed. (I love Stats)

+1

Adding to that it would be amazing to add only the stats (pts,reb,ast) fix to scoreboard....

ConfigSys

Postby tobay2k on Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:19 am

Enable 2K Beats in freestyle mode like in older 2Ks, there was a slider they took out from the settings menu a few years ago
tobay2k

Postby fescanlar127 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 am

RayRay_953 wrote:I have a couple:

Import animations from older games. This might seem impossible, but many animations from 2K19 worked great with retro players and they've been removed since 2K20. For example, Drexler lost both his jumpshot base and free throw routine

This is kinda possible, but very limited and requires a lot of research and time. It involves editing nbaanimations.iff and extracting old animations and renaming them to overwrite different animations and putting the renamed file back in the .iff file (kinda confusing lol). I ended up extracting the entire .iff to a new folder and searched for animations I wanted but the animation names are a lot of guesswork depending on what you want to change.

I never had 2k19 for pc so I don’t know if older animations would work, but I was able to accomplish some cool things. For example I got lebron’s old 2k14 jumper where he leaned back and kicked his leg and pasted it over Charles Oakley’s jumper. Also got the old Zach Lavine base from pre-2k20 where it was more of a set shot and pasted that over another jumper and I use that base for Luka.

Free throws also work, but again, a lot of old animations from 2k19 were removed from 2k20. If you still have 2k19 on your hard drive, it’s worth a shot to grab that game’s nbaanimations.iff file and play around with it.

Be warned that these animations won’t load for left handed players and scrolling through an edited animation for a lefty will cause be game to crash.
fescanlar127

Postby vetmin on Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:53 am

Not a fancy or novel idea, but I hope someone is able to the solve the mystery of how to mod "eventmusic." My understanding is that it has nothing to do with the WAV files themselves, since if you hook 2k's own audio right back into the game, it won't play that back either. Instead there's silence. So the game knows you're hooking the audio in there (hence the silence), and the audio file itself is valid (since it does this with 2k's own audio), but for some reason it won't play back. I'm not even sure where to begin in trying to figure it out.
vetmin

Postby tobay2k on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 am

fescanlar127 wrote:

Import animations from older games. This might seem impossible, but many animations from 2K19 worked great with retro players and they've been removed since 2K20. For example, Drexler lost both his jumpshot base and free throw routine

This is kinda possible, but very limited and requires a lot of research and time. It involves editing nbaanimations.iff and extracting old animations and renaming them to overwrite different animations and putting the renamed file back in the .iff file (kinda confusing lol). I ended up extracting the entire .iff to a new folder and searched for animations I wanted but the animation names are a lot of guesswork depending on what you want to change.

I never had 2k19 for pc so I don’t know if older animations would work, but I was able to accomplish some cool things. For example I got lebron’s old 2k14 jumper where he leaned back and kicked his leg and pasted it over Charles Oakley’s jumper. Also got the old Zach Lavine base from pre-2k20 where it was more of a set shot and pasted that over another jumper and I use that base for Luka.

Free throws also work, but again, a lot of old animations from 2k19 were removed from 2k20. If you still have 2k19 on your hard drive, it’s worth a shot to grab that game’s nbaanimations.iff file and play around with it.

Be warned that these animations won’t load for left handed players and scrolling through an edited animation for a lefty will cause be game to crash.

Oooh man if someone would be able to get the old Trey Burke base, which is the most dynamic one suitable for so many players (the motion stayed the same but with 2K20 they changed how close the feet are together at the start of the jumpshot which looks awkward and kept it til now) and Carmelo Anthony Base from 2K19 back into 2K22 that would be too awesome!!!

@fescanlar127 That's sick! How did u get that 2K14 Lbj base to work?? That game wasn't next gen on PC
Last edited by tobay2k on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
tobay2k

Postby fescanlar127 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:29 pm

Tobay93 wrote:
fescanlar127 wrote:

Oooh man if someone would be able to get the old Trey Burke (motion stayed the same but with 2K20 they changed how close the feet are together at the start of the jumpshot which looks awkward and kept it til now) and Carmelo Anthony Base from 2K19 back into 2K22 that would be too awesome!!!

@fescanlar127 That's sick! How did u get that 2K14 Lbj base to work?? That game wasn't next gen on PC

so the nba_animations.iff file still has old animations going all the way back to 2kvery old in its archive. for example, the animation file for shaq's jumper is called "ANM_2K6_SIG_JUMPER_SHAQ_R" and i believe at least the form is the same animation used today. the lebron jumper from 2k14 is "ANM_2K14_SIG_JUMPER_LEBRON_LEAN", but it's still contained in the 2k21 nba_animations.iff file that i'm using.

here it is in action:
fescanlar127

Postby tobay2k on Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:19 pm

fescanlar127 wrote:
Tobay93 wrote:
fescanlar127 wrote:

Oooh man if someone would be able to get the old Trey Burke (motion stayed the same but with 2K20 they changed how close the feet are together at the start of the jumpshot which looks awkward and kept it til now) and Carmelo Anthony Base from 2K19 back into 2K22 that would be too awesome!!!

so the nba_animations.iff file still has old animations going all the way back to 2kvery old in its archive. for example, the animation file for shaq's jumper is called "ANM_2K6_SIG_JUMPER_SHAQ_R" and i believe at least the form is the same animation used today. the lebron jumper from 2k14 is "ANM_2K14_SIG_JUMPER_LEBRON_LEAN", but it's still contained in the 2k21 nba_animations.iff file that i'm using.

here it is in action:
[ Image ]

That's amazing what u accomplished there and is possible with modding nowadays man! One player's signatures (incl. dribble pull ups, spin j, step back j and free throw) they took out of the game after 2K19 (only kept his standing jumpshot in 2K20 but changed it, 2K19 one is much better looking) is Lance Stephenson. It would be so dope to get the animations back as well since they matched so well with various other NBA players. Man I wish I had the knowledge to observe and try this by myself.
tobay2k

Postby fescanlar127 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:37 am

That's amazing what u accomplished there and is possible with modding nowadays man! One player's signatures (incl. dribble pull ups, spin j, step back j and free throw) they took out of the game after 2K19 (only kept his standing jumpshot in 2K20 but changed it, 2K19 one is much better looking) is Lance Stephenson. It would be so dope to get the animations back as well since they matched so well with various other NBA players. Man I wish I had the knowledge to observe and try this by myself.[/quote]

I really miss the stephenson signatures as well! I suspect this may have to do with copyright issues with players and animations, but hopefully we can work around it with enough research!
fescanlar127

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:40 am

I mean, if you could get the players running animations to be what they were on 2K19, that would be a big step in the right direction as far as improving the player movement

In 2K22 PC, the players awkwardly run and often run hunched over, it looks ridiculous. How those animations ever made it into production, I will never know.

Because it is just a running animation, I wonder if it is possible.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby fescanlar127 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:13 am

Dee4Three wrote:I mean, if you could get the players running animations to be what they were on 2K19, that would be a big step in the right direction as far as improving the player movement

In 2K22 PC, the players awkwardly run and often run hunched over, it looks ridiculous. How those animations ever made it into production, I will never know.

Because it is just a running animation, I wonder if it is possible.

I haven’t bought 2k22 yet, but if someone wanted to they could extract the 2k22 nba_animations.iff to a folder, do a windows search in that folder for “2k22” and try and locate running animations. Then find running animations from 2k19 in that game’s .iff and rename them the 2k22 files and place them in the 2k22 .iff.

My only concern would be the that I’ve never copied animations across different years’ files. All animations from previous games I’ve used were already contained in my game’s (2k21’s) archive.
fescanlar127

Next

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding