[Fixed for 2K22] PS4 button icons for PC by EpilepticRabbit

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[Fixed for 2K22] PS4 button icons for PC by EpilepticRabbit

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:18 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p7sgd311afinzos/PS4_button_icons_for_NBA_2K22_PC_by_EpilepticRabbit.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bvjdyyf3u9xy1ux/NBA_2K22_PS4_button_icons_replacing_Xbox_One_icons_for_PC.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/59wv1h91tq6rxox/NBA_2K22_Xbox_button_icons_instead_of_KeyBoard_by_EpilepticRabbit.rar/file

There are no button icon mods for PC to show the PS4 icons since SimonLee's mod from 2021 doesn't work on this years version.

The link to my ps4 button icon solution is here, it isn't perfect but it is the best thing out there as far as I know.

Edit: I have made a new link which attempts to resolve the issue for Xbox 1 too as well as older Xbox models.

Edit 2: I have attempted a mod that replaced Keyboard icons with Xbox icons
Last edited by EpilepticRabbit on Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
EpilepticRabbit

Re: [Fixed for 2K22] PS4 button icons for PC by EpilepticRabbit

Postby vetmin on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:45 pm

Thank you for posting this! I used this as a base to make a Switch Pro Controller icon layout (literally just rearranged the icons in 2k's Switch Pro layout and then overwrote them on top of the PS4 layouts, plus editing the timeout icons). Do you mind if I share? I'll credit you in the readme.
vetmin

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:14 pm

vetmin wrote:Thank you for posting this! I used this as a base to make a Switch Pro Controller icon layout (literally just rearranged the icons in 2k's Switch Pro layout and then overwrote them on top of the PS4 layouts, plus editing the timeout icons). Do you mind if I share? I'll credit you in the readme.

Sure that's fine just make sure you do mention the original creator (me) in the file.
EpilepticRabbit

Postby rappar on Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:07 pm

how or where to install this?
rappar

Postby bikerjimuk on Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:02 pm

Works fine for me, thanks for this! :D
bikerjimuk

Postby batanglambak on Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:59 pm

It does not work for me using an Xbox One controller. I placed the english.iff file in the mods folder.
Branch FTW!
batanglambak

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:06 am

batanglambak wrote:It does not work for me using an Xbox One controller. I placed the english.iff file in the mods folder.

Do you have hook by Looyh installed? If not install that, if yes, what are you seeing? The mod literally removes the Xbox button icons from the game and replaces them with the PS4 buttons, you shouldn't be able to see Xbox buttons at all.
EpilepticRabbit

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:07 am

rappar wrote:how or where to install this?

Make sure you have Hook by Looyh installed for NBA 2k22 in your game directory. Then place the file english.iff in the "Mods" folder
EpilepticRabbit

Postby batanglambak on Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 pm

EpilepticRabbit wrote:
batanglambak wrote:It does not work for me using an Xbox One controller. I placed the english.iff file in the mods folder.

Do you have hook by Looyh installed? If not install that, if yes, what are you seeing? The mod literally removes the Xbox button icons from the game and replaces them with the PS4 buttons, you shouldn't be able to see Xbox buttons at all.

Yes I have Hook installed and am currently running other mods. I only see the Xbox button icons. They are not replaced with the PS4 buttons. Maybe the buttons are differenct for Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.
Branch FTW!
batanglambak

Postby bikerjimuk on Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:52 am

I'm confused, why do you want to replace the XBOX buttons if you are using an xbox controller?
bikerjimuk

Postby batanglambak on Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 am

bikerjimuk wrote:I'm confused, why do you want to replace the XBOX buttons if you are using an xbox controller?

I sometimes play on the PS5 and get confused with the X and Square since they're both on the same button placement.
Branch FTW!
batanglambak

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:03 am

batanglambak wrote:
EpilepticRabbit wrote:

Yes I have Hook installed and am currently running other mods. I only see the Xbox button icons. They are not replaced with the PS4 buttons. Maybe the buttons are differenct for Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.

Ok, give this a go. I'm not sure if it will work since I don't have a way of testing it so tell me the result. https://www.mediafire.com/file/bvjdyyf3u9xy1ux/NBA_2K22_PS4_button_icons_replacing_Xbox_One_icons_for_PC.rar/file
EpilepticRabbit

Postby salbacef on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Hello, could you make a mod to put the xbox360 buttons instead of the ps4 buttons, I would be very grateful!
salbacef

Postby salbacef on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:17 pm

that is to say, what I want to see are the buttons of xbox 360, now I see those of the PC control, Thank you!
salbacef

Postby batanglambak on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:36 am

EpilepticRabbit wrote:Ok, give this a go. I'm not sure if it will work since I don't have a way of testing it so tell me the result. https://www.mediafire.com/file/bvjdyyf3u9xy1ux/NBA_2K22_PS4_button_icons_replacing_Xbox_One_icons_for_PC.rar/file

It works. Thank you so much.
Branch FTW!
batanglambak

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 am

batanglambak wrote:
EpilepticRabbit wrote:Ok, give this a go. I'm not sure if it will work since I don't have a way of testing it so tell me the result. https://www.mediafire.com/file/bvjdyyf3u9xy1ux/NBA_2K22_PS4_button_icons_replacing_Xbox_One_icons_for_PC.rar/file

It works. Thank you so much.

Ok nice, you're welcome
EpilepticRabbit

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:05 am

salbacef wrote:that is to say, what I want to see are the buttons of xbox 360, now I see those of the PC control, Thank you!

How did you even come across this issue? The Xbox buttons come up for the people using DS4 with a PS4 controller that gives the PC an Xbox controller input using a PS4 controller. What setup do you have?
I have posted the link to the mod at the top.

Again, I don't know if this works, but if it does, tell me. Thanks
EpilepticRabbit

Postby NetsFan on Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:49 am

EpilepticRabbit wrote:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p7sgd311afinzos/PS4_button_icons_for_NBA_2K22_PC_by_EpilepticRabbit.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bvjdyyf3u9xy1ux/NBA_2K22_PS4_button_icons_replacing_Xbox_One_icons_for_PC.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/59wv1h91tq6rxox/NBA_2K22_Xbox_button_icons_instead_of_KeyBoard_by_EpilepticRabbit.rar/file

There are no button icon mods for PC to show the PS4 icons since SimonLee's mod from 2021 doesn't work on this years version.

The link to my ps4 button icon solution is here, it isn't perfect but it is the best thing out there as far as I know.

Edit: I have made a new link which attempts to resolve the issue for Xbox 1 too as well as older Xbox models.

I have read everyone's comments but no one has answered the question on where do we install this file? Its just a rar file with "english.iff" inside of it. No explanation, no readme file. Instructions would be great so we can actually use it without asking questions lol... anyone?
NetsFan

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:19 am

NetsFan wrote:
EpilepticRabbit wrote:

I have read everyone's comments but no one has answered the question on where do we install this file? Its just a rar file with "english.iff" inside of it. No explanation, no readme file. Instructions would be great so we can actually use it without asking questions lol... anyone?

Just put the english.iff file in your mod folder. If you don't have a mod folder you need to install hook by looyh and that will place a mod folder in your installation directory.
EpilepticRabbit

Postby obeylix on Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:35 am

Hello,
thanks for this mod, but I have a problem with this one, I always have the XBOX keys and not Playstation.
I followed the steps well, someone else has this problem...?
Thanks a lot for helping me

Edit: I'm french and in fact the problem comes from there... I tried to change the name of the file english.iff to french.iff, so I have the keys that are displayed but the whole game is in english... would anyone have a solution for that please?
obeylix

Postby vetmin on Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:08 pm

obeylix wrote:Hello,
thanks for this mod, but I have a problem with this one, I always have the XBOX keys and not Playstation.
I followed the steps well, someone else has this problem...?
Thanks a lot for helping me

Edit: I'm french and in fact the problem comes from there... I tried to change the name of the file english.iff to french.iff, so I have the keys that are displayed but the whole game is in english... would anyone have a solution for that please?

Assuming french.iff is the same as english.iff except... it's French:

1) extract the default french.iff from the game (search for "extract 2k22 game files" on YouTube for tutorials)
2) download and open EpilepticRabbit's modded english.iff
3) open that modded english.iff (in 7zip, for instance)
4) sort by Date Modified/Created
5) the most recently touched files are likely DDS files with PS4 button graphics in them (if you can't open DDS files, download Paint.Net)
6) drag and drop the recently modified/created DDS files from the modded english.iff into your default french.iff (i.e., overwriting what is in there by default)
7) put your now modded french.iff file into your Mods folder

LMK if any of that doesn't work.
vetmin

Postby obeylix on Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:48 am

At the top! Thanks a lot!
So I copied all the DDS in the file French.idd I'll post it here if someone is looking for it one day,
thanks again (and I take this opportunity to thank you for your great work!)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3v1pe82z ... h.rar/file
obeylix

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding