Tony D's NBA 2K97 / New roster update available! (April 21st)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Tony D's 1996-97 Season Roster RELEASED! v2 Coming soon (previews!)

Postby Tony Divence on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Finally got my hands on this roster and gave it a try.

Excellent work here. I love the way the teams look when put on the floor, love the lighting, the courts are fantastic, etc

I'll be connecting with people to play on Parsec for sure.

Awesome job.

Thanks for the feedback! (Y) Next version will also have more improvements on the visual side! :cool:
Tony Divence

Postby germrocks on Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:54 am

This looks so good. Can't wait for V2.
germrocks

Postby germrocks on Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:54 am

This looks so good. Can't wait for V2.
germrocks

Postby Tony Divence on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm

germrocks wrote:This looks so good. Can't wait for V2.

Thanks! Now i'm working on to get the salaries 100 % right, so i'll release v2 pretty soon with lots of new stuff including a 90's TNT presentation package.
Tony Divence

Postby MESKENAS1 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:12 am

hi
how to install? offline user
1. I create on 2k22 folder Mods-> copy mods files
2. I copy rosters files to folder remote
3. I can finde SYNC file ??? ;/

when i load on 2k22 roster -> "This save is corrupted, cannot be loaded"

I install 1995-1996 season roster Postby keibo - and everything works (he had a file SYNC)
MESKENAS1

Postby Murat on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:24 am

Hi Tony, it is interesting that nobody has remembered the mod of the same season you prepared for NBA Live 07. I remember playing with it back then especially with Mitch Richmond, it was one of the best patches I played with, it had near full artwork. It is even interesting that this is your first post since 2008. Do you still have it somewhere? I would like to play with it again...

14 years later, I saw the thread name and was confused if it someone bumped the old NBA Live 07 thread. Congratulations on your return and excellent patch!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tony Divence on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:27 am

Murat wrote:Hi Tony, it is interesting that nobody has remembered the mod of the same season you prepared for NBA Live 07. I remember playing with it back then especially with Mitch Richmond, it was one of the best patches I played with, it had near full artwork. It is even interesting that this is your first post since 2008. Do you still have it somewhere? I would like to play with it again...

14 years later, I saw the thread name and was confused if it someone bumped the old NBA Live 07 thread. Congratulations on your return and excellent patch!

Thank you! Yeah, it's been awhile! :D I went to console gaming for a decade, did couple of retro rosters on NBA 2K for PS4 and Xbox but nothing major, because the limitations of consoles. Then back to PC and got into modding again :shock: :D Actually, i think you can download the Historical Rosters Megapack that includes 91-92, 95-96, 96-97 and 97-98 rosters for NBA Live 07 from here https://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.p ... &df_id=532 (Y)
Tony Divence

Postby racroasdaile2323 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:11 am

Dying to see that Rookie Kobe Bryant you gonna have in this roster.
racroasdaile2323

Postby vetmin on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:13 pm

Tony Divence wrote:- Correct salaries, jersey numbers, ages, height/weight, handedness, injury history, years pro, college & draft info, nicknames, potential and peak years

I'm kinda new to using retro rosters, so I'm wondering: What do people do in MyLeague re: salaries and the cap? Like, if your salaries are accurate, every team will be way beneath the lowest possible salary cap in the game, so how does one deal with that? Do you just turn the salary cap off and use 30-team control to make sure everyone sticks to realistic salaries for the era? I wanna do a big decades-long playthrough at some point, starting from a roster like yours, but I'm just afraid of the $$$ situation getting wacky in my league. Thanks!
vetmin

Postby Tony Divence on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:08 am

vetmin wrote:
Tony Divence wrote:- Correct salaries, jersey numbers, ages, height/weight, handedness, injury history, years pro, college & draft info, nicknames, potential and peak years

I'm kinda new to using retro rosters, so I'm wondering: What do people do in MyLeague re: salaries and the cap? Like, if your salaries are accurate, every team will be way beneath the lowest possible salary cap in the game, so how does one deal with that? Do you just turn the salary cap off and use 30-team control to make sure everyone sticks to realistic salaries for the era? I wanna do a big decades-long playthrough at some point, starting from a roster like yours, but I'm just afraid of the $$$ situation getting wacky in my league. Thanks!

Hi! I'm using a multiplier for salaries. Right now i'm working on real salaries for next version of my 96/97 roster and i'm multiplying the salaries with 4.5 to get it to match today's salaries. Of course there is some problems still that some teams have more cap room than others. It's mainly because the salary structure of those days. As far as i know this is the only way to get them to match current cap somehow.
Tony Divence

Re: Tony D's NBA 2K97 Released!

Postby Tony Divence on Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:11 am

New version released! Download links and new features updated on first post :cool:
Tony Divence

Postby vetmin on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Tony Divence wrote:
vetmin wrote:

Hi! I'm using a multiplier for salaries. Right now i'm working on real salaries for next version of my 96/97 roster and i'm multiplying the salaries with 4.5 to get it to match today's salaries. Of course there is some problems still that some teams have more cap room than others. It's mainly because the salary structure of those days. As far as i know this is the only way to get them to match current cap somehow.

Thanks for explaining, and congrats on the release! I just downloaded the mod pack and can't wait to boot it up with the roster later tonight. (Y)
vetmin

Postby Shuajota on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:34 pm

Congrats on the new release :applaud:
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby vetmin on Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:15 am

Just checked it out in game... AWESOME job on the presentation. You do a great job setting the tone / vibe of the project with the menus, etc. It was obviously a lot of effort, and it's impressive work. :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Likewise re: the work on the roster itself, which is incredible. I played a game of Warriors (home) vs. Bulls (away) and had a blast. I know many creators like sticky-fingers, etc. deserve credit for a lot of the individual mod work (and I'm glad you had a use for my retro TNT music!) but you deserve a lot of credit for putting it all together in one place on 2K22. One thing I noticed that would be worth addressing is that Phil Jackson is unfortunately cursed with T. rex arms. I feel like that's a pretty simple fix though. I will let you know if during my own playthrough I create any supplementary mods that might be of interest, like a classic TNT breakboard or something.

Congrats again! This is a fantastic project!
vetmin

Postby RMJH4 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:25 am

Hey man excellent work on this!! Here are some cyberfaces from 2k20 that I had from previous projects. You may need to convert the players, but the coaches seem to work. Have JVG, Larry Brown, Flip Saunders. Then players I have Bryant Reeves with Goatee, Marbury and Iverson rookie versions. Thanks for your work!

2k20 Retro Cyberfaces.
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby Tony Divence on Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:17 pm

vetmin wrote:Just checked it out in game... AWESOME job on the presentation. You do a great job setting the tone / vibe of the project with the menus, etc. It was obviously a lot of effort, and it's impressive work. :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Likewise re: the work on the roster itself, which is incredible. I played a game of Warriors (home) vs. Bulls (away) and had a blast. I know many creators like sticky-fingers, etc. deserve credit for a lot of the individual mod work (and I'm glad you had a use for my retro TNT music!) but you deserve a lot of credit for putting it all together in one place on 2K22. One thing I noticed that would be worth addressing is that Phil Jackson is unfortunately cursed with T. rex arms. I feel like that's a pretty simple fix though. I will let you know if during my own playthrough I create any supplementary mods that might be of interest, like a classic TNT breakboard or something.

Congrats again! This is a fantastic project!

Thank you and big thanks for informing about the coach issue, checked it out and there were other coaches too with too small wingspan! Fixed it and updated the roster file for online and offline users (link in the first post) (Y) Yeah, big credit for the great CF and court makers of the community, without them this would be whole different looking mod :bowdown2: :bowdown2: I would be happy to include some of your work with this mod, hit me with a message if you create something that i could use for this :cool: (Y)
Tony Divence

Postby Tony Divence on Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:22 pm

RMJH4 wrote:Hey man excellent work on this!! Here are some cyberfaces from 2k20 that I had from previous projects. You may need to convert the players, but the coaches seem to work. Have JVG, Larry Brown, Flip Saunders. Then players I have Bryant Reeves with Goatee, Marbury and Iverson rookie versions. Thanks for your work!

2k20 Retro Cyberfaces.

Thanks! :cool: Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge for converting CF's :( But thank you, maybe i figure something out with a tutorial..atleast more coach CF's now! (Y)
Tony Divence

Postby vetmin on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:20 pm

Tony Divence wrote:
RMJH4 wrote:Hey man excellent work on this!! Here are some cyberfaces from 2k20 that I had from previous projects. You may need to convert the players, but the coaches seem to work. Have JVG, Larry Brown, Flip Saunders. Then players I have Bryant Reeves with Goatee, Marbury and Iverson rookie versions. Thanks for your work!

2k20 Retro Cyberfaces.

Thanks! :cool: Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge for converting CF's :( But thank you, maybe i figure something out with a tutorial..atleast more coach CF's now! (Y)

If I'm not mistaken, for coaches at least, you don't have to do any conversion. 2K20 cyberfaces clip through the chest part of the 2K21/22 jerseys, but for dress suits, I believe that the clothes are bulky enough that there's no clipping, so you should be able to use JVG, Larry Brown, and Flip Saunders as is.
vetmin

Re: Tony D's 1996-97 Season Roster RELEASED!

Postby kreshnav on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:38 pm

fondairplane_814 wrote:I downloaded the mod but the only team jerseys that have downloaded for me are the 76ers and clippers, does anybody know why this has happened?
I'm not sure why but I'm having the same problem. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love the help.
kreshnav

Postby WarGutsy on Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:42 am

There is an issue with player ages. A lot of players are set to 19-40 age instead of their birth year which makes them never age in MyLeague
WarGutsy

Postby Tony Divence on Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:13 pm

WarGutsy wrote:There is an issue with player ages. A lot of players are set to 19-40 age instead of their birth year which makes them never age in MyLeague

Thanks for noticing that! (Y) I'll look into this for the next update, which will also include lots of new CF additions for players and coaches + more players :cool:
Tony Divence

Postby Tony Divence on Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:22 am

ROSTER UPDATE! Download links updated in the first post! Now with 40 new players created, the roster is 100 % accurate as of end of the 1996-97 season + players not ageing bug fixed, ratings adjustments, lots of new CF's for players and coaches (thanks for everyone who contributed!) :cool:
Tony Divence

Postby zaynmalik on Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Tony Divence wrote:ROSTER UPDATE! Download links updated in the first post! Now with 40 new players created, the roster is 100 % accurate as of end of the 1996-97 season + players not ageing bug fixed, ratings adjustments, lots of new CF's for players and coaches (thanks for everyone who contributed!) :cool:

Very much looking forward to the release of the new version. Do you have a detailed day? Hope MY LEAGUE has no problem, thank you for your efforts.
zaynmalik

Postby Tony Divence on Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:24 pm

zaynmalik wrote:
Tony Divence wrote:ROSTER UPDATE! Download links updated in the first post! Now with 40 new players created, the roster is 100 % accurate as of end of the 1996-97 season + players not ageing bug fixed, ratings adjustments, lots of new CF's for players and coaches (thanks for everyone who contributed!) :cool:

Very much looking forward to the release of the new version. Do you have a detailed day? Hope MY LEAGUE has no problem, thank you for your efforts.

Thank you! New version is out already, check the first post on this thread.. the updated download links are there :cool: It is MyLeague compatible, i've simulated multiple seasons with no problems using computer generated draft classes. Planning to create 1997 draft class atleast, but i have heard about some bugs with custom draft classes.
Tony Divence

Re: Tony D's NBA 2K97 / New roster update available!

Postby Tony Divence on Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:55 pm

ROSTER UPDATE! Download links updated in the first post! New cyberfaces and TNT presentation updates including new audio theme :cool:
Tony Divence

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding