MOD IDEAS - Discussed on the NLSC podcast - Share your thoughts!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: MOD IDEAS - Share your thoughts!

Postby froxas on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:12 pm

Agree with the signature moves. I don't know if it's just me but I think the shooting forms in the "golden era" of 2K were far better than today's animations. If you look at the shooting forms closely, they almost look the same after the release.

On topic: I'd love to modify MyLeague rules. Editing rules such as the 14-second shot clock to 24, and other retro rules that would help retro fans immerse in the throwback games they do
froxas

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:29 pm

Obviously it's a different series with its own file formats, but I recall a few people successfully copying animations between PC releases of NBA Live back in the day (the old aiact file, for those who remember). It was even possible to copy animations from the aiact files of the PS2 versions of March Madness! In both cases, it was a similar procedure to the one fescanlar127 mentioned. With that in mind, it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, nothing happens or the game crashes, at which point you just restore the original file and begin tinkering again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby lastingman on Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:22 pm

Well, aside from custom soundtracks, maybe mod the in-game music, like when starting a game and the cinematic songs and background music in matches. And maybe play MyGM with a created team from the get-go, like a custom option when starting.
lastingman

Re: MOD IDEAS - Discussed on the NLSC podcast - Share your thoughts!

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:18 am

Andrew and I discussed the majority of your ideas on the latest NLSC podcast, I encourage you to check it out.

It starts around the 53 minute mark.

https://www.nba-live.com/nlsc-podcast-3 ... ing-ideas/
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SirRork on Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:47 am

2k sports is not interested in expanding the number of locations. I think we are all aware that English, Spanish and Chinese cover the demand in most countries in the world. In addition, localizations are created for the languages for which it makes sense, because game sales are high.
However, I think many of us would like to translate the game into our native language, for example in Career Mode subtitles.

An ideal and simple solution would be to overwrite the localization files in English using own files that kept 2k standards. Of course, there are many things to check - for example printing characters specific to a given location, but even if we limit ourselves to the characters of the classic Latin alphabet, we would be able to prepare the translations and make them available to a wide range of NBA2k fans.

Requirements:
- extract files described in the manifest as subtitles for a specific language - EN
- translate keeping the file standard
- update by overwriting existing files using mod

I'm familiar with the process of localization, so I can share with comunity my expierience if such mod is possible to implement.
SirRork

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:28 pm

I definitely encourage everyone to give the podcast a listen!

SirRork wrote:2k sports is not interested in expanding the number of locations. I think we are all aware that English, Spanish and Chinese cover the demand in most countries in the world. In addition, localizations are created for the languages for which it makes sense, because game sales are high.
However, I think many of us would like to translate the game into our native language, for example in Career Mode subtitles.

An ideal and simple solution would be to overwrite the localization files in English using own files that kept 2k standards. Of course, there are many things to check - for example printing characters specific to a given location, but even if we limit ourselves to the characters of the classic Latin alphabet, we would be able to prepare the translations and make them available to a wide range of NBA2k fans.

Requirements:
- extract files described in the manifest as subtitles for a specific language - EN
- translate keeping the file standard
- update by overwriting existing files using mod

I'm familiar with the process of localization, so I can share with comunity my expierience if such mod is possible to implement.

That's a very interesting suggestion! It's something we haven't really focused on much in our modding community - accessibility, localisation, and whatnot - yet it could be really helpful.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:11 am

This just came to my head, but how about a father-son switcharoo roster? This can create some interesting what-if scenarios and some very interesting teams. Some examples include:

'92-'93 Charlotte Hornets (Stephen Curry in for Dell Curry)
'89-'90 Milwaukee Bucks (Al Horford in for Tito Horford)
'86-'87 Lakers (Klay Thompson in for Mychal Thompson)
'76-'77 Philadelphia 76ers (Mike Bibby, Kobe Bryant, and Mike Dunleavy Jr. in for Henry Bibby, Joe Bryant, and Mike Dunleavy)
'72-'73 Houston Rockets (Jalen Rose in for Jimmy Walker)
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:35 pm

Wacky and What If rosters are an underutilised idea, for sure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Andrew wrote:Wacky and What If rosters are an underutilised idea, for sure.

I would like to see the Hawks team that almost happened with Dr.J, Pistol Pete, Lou Hudson, etc
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rafikdar on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:24 am

HIDDEN OPTIONS\DEBUG MENU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rafikdar

Postby Issy on Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 am

One mod I'd love to see happen, is the ability able to assign multiple shoes (or color shoes) to a player.

Let me explain, in 2k all the players wear "generic" shoes with the colors of their team (colors models that sometimes doesn't even exist in real life). The home team wears white shoes and the away team wears black shoes.

But if you watch an Nba game, you will see that the players are wearing shoes with different colors.

All Warriors players (even the bench) wearing white shoes with color team (blue & yellow), all Lakers players wearing black shoes with color team (yellow & violet colors)
[ Image ]

Now 1 home team player (Knicks) is wearing black shoes
2 away team players (Celtics) are wearing white shoes
Randle wears grey shoes
Brown wears gold shoes
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

The way we could do this, it would be to put a script that would force players who have a specific color shoe assigned to the roster to change shoe colors randomly before a game.
Issy

Postby ForgottenDude on Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:12 am

Can you please make a mod, where you can change attributes max rating, I can go up to 110 in nba 2k22 tools, but I want to go higher, to make full court shots all the time, ankle break anybody and so on, I would like to make KnB reference
ForgottenDude

Previous

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding