[VETMIN] Shot Meter Makeover, Presentation/B'cast Mods, Scorebugs, & More

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [VETMIN] TNT Scoreboard + Switch Pro Buttons + NBAonTNT Presentation Elements

Postby Dr Fapenstein on Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:44 am

vetmin wrote:
Dr Fapenstein wrote:any way to convert this?
[ Image ]

Do you have a link to that one in particular? All of the ones I've tried in Santicruyff's TV pack (most/all of them originally for 2k21) still work for me, though the textural quality varies a lot (ESPN looks fantastic; the TNT one, iirc, looked blurry for me).

Twist Studio - TNT | ESPN | NBA TV | CBS (NCAA)
Dr Fapenstein

Re: [VETMIN] TNT Scoreboard + Switch Pro Buttons + NBAonTNT Presentation Elements

Postby CFJ1 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm

Do you think you could do PS4/PS5 buttons as well?
CFJ1

Postby vetmin on Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:33 pm

CFJ1 wrote:Do you think you could do PS4/PS5 buttons as well?

EpilepticRabbit already did PS4 buttons (https://www.shuajota.com/2021/09/nba-2k ... or-pc.html); it was the base for my Switch version.
vetmin

Postby vetmin on Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 pm

Dr Fapenstein wrote:
vetmin wrote:
Dr Fapenstein wrote:any way to convert this?
[ Image ]

Do you have a link to that one in particular? All of the ones I've tried in Santicruyff's TV pack (most/all of them originally for 2k21) still work for me, though the textural quality varies a lot (ESPN looks fantastic; the TNT one, iirc, looked blurry for me).

Twist Studio - TNT | ESPN | NBA TV | CBS (NCAA)

Thanks. Does this not work in 2k22? The iff looks identical to the one in Santicruyff's TV pack (which works), except for literally one file -- tv_screen_c_001.e6a9c16c08e51573.dds -- which is of superior quality in the NLSC Twist link you provided, compared to the one in Santicruyff's pack. I appreciate your sharing the link though, as I wasn't aware of that higher-quality DDS graphic.
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] Complete Referee Realism Pack (Males & Females), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby vetmin on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:59 am

See OP for referee pack.
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] Complete Referee Realism Pack (Males & Females), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 am

vetmin wrote:See OP for referee pack.

Nice addition! I´m working on cyberfaces for some new referees as well.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby vetmin on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:15 am

Shuajota wrote:

Thanks, and that's awesome to hear! I had come across your 2k19 pack of male refs, which look great from the screenshots. Since there were alternatives I also liked that had been created for 2k20 and 2k21, I defaulted to those since I expected them to be more compatible with 2k22, but your models looked very good.

I'd love to see more refs in general in the community! Scott Foster is notably absent, and the female refs of course, which is what I was attempting to address (for my own gaming experience, but also to share). Someone made an Ashley Moyer-Gleich for 2k14, which I was hoping I could tinker with and try to convert, but the IFF is locked.
vetmin

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:17 am

vetmin wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

Thanks, and that's awesome to hear! I had come across your 2k19 pack of male refs, which look great from the screenshots. Since there were alternatives I also liked that had been created for 2k20 and 2k21, I defaulted to those since I expected them to be more compatible with 2k22, but your models looked very good.

I'd love to see more refs in general in the community! Scott Foster is notably absent, and the female refs of course, which is what I was attempting to address (for my own gaming experience, but also to share). Someone made an Ashley Moyer-Gleich for 2k14, which I was hoping I could tinker with and try to convert, but the IFF is locked.

Thank you, I made Scott today.
Shuajota

Postby vetmin on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:06 pm

Shuajota wrote:
vetmin wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

Thank you, I made Scott today.

!!! Very much looking forward to this.

Also, bumping this thread because I've added an ESPN & TNT broadcaster pack to the OP.
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] ESPN & TNT Broadcasters, Real Refs (M & F), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby Dr Fapenstein on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 pm

immersive mods right here
Dr Fapenstein

Re: [VETMIN] ESPN & TNT Broadcasters, Real Refs (M & F), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby vetmin on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Dr Fapenstein wrote:immersive mods right here

Thanks! Just added Knicks/MSG. I'm not doing EVERY local broadcast, but I'm doing a few. Hawks, Nuggets, Pistons, Raptors, Warriors are coming up. Maybe Nets too.
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] MSG, ESPN & TNT Broadcasters, Real Refs (M & F), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby ixixihaha82 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:38 am

ixixihaha82

Re: [VETMIN] MSG, ESPN & TNT Broadcasters, Real Refs (M & F), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby zondac12 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:20 am

great job of bringing back the refs bro. i completely forgot about those mods.

some gameplay:

phpBB [video]
zondac12

Postby vetmin on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:04 pm

Added 3 more broadcast packs: Nuggets, Raptors, Warriors. See OP. For space purposes, I'm migrating my Oct. 9 post to below:

OCTOBER 9, 2021

General notes:

• Most of the mods below (at least in this top post) are focused on purging the game presentation of 2K logos (except for meta elements, like upper-right corner HUD), since it's kind of a buzzkill to have some TNT, ESPN, etc. mods but still have 2K branding popping up here and there. I mostly replaced the 2K branding with NBAonTNT branding, but in doing so my goal wasn't to re-create the real-life NBAonTNT presentation so much as re-brand the default 2K presentation, as if -- in an alternate universe -- the real-life NBAonTNT overhauled its scoreboard, panels, etc. There are other more true-to-life TNT mods that are well done, but that clash with other unmodded presentational elements, and which don't seem to work smoothly in 2K22 (when ported from 2K21). So my approach is to retain the sleek default presentation, but just re-brand it. This also means that these mods can easily be edited to ESPN branding or whatever else. Note that I did NOT re-brand things like Opening Week, Playoffs, Finals, etc., as they're fine as is, IMO.
  • I've included instructions on how to make each mod from scratch -- simultaneously for the community's sake and for my own future reference, if I forget how I did something. Some of the instructions might seem so basic as to be pedantic, but this is my first 2K on PC, so this is all new to me and may be new to others. Also, I've learned a ton from finding scraps of information in old NLSC threads via Google, so I want to be helpful too, if I can.
  • In the HOW TO MAKE instructions, whenever I refer to editing a *.dds, use the save settings (in Paint.NET, or the equivalent in Photoshop): BC7 (sRGB, DX 11+) / Slow / Uniform / uncheck Cube Map / check Generate Mip Maps / Nearest Neighbor.

---

Switch Pro Conversion of EpilepticRabbit's 2K22 PS4 Button Icons Mod v.2
(english.iff)

I realized shortly after posting the original that correct button glyph wasn't showing for the timeout / 'show hotzone' button, so I fixed that, but never got around to posting it. Here it is, for any Switch Pro controller users:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yt0y6uzspki95m1/Switch_Pro_conversion_of_EpilepticRabbit%2527s_2K22_PS4_Button_Icons_Mod_v2.7z/file

If anyone notices any other errors, please let me know, but I haven't seen anything after a month of playing normal 5v5 NBA games.

HOW TO MAKE:
Just edit the appropriate *.dds images (button grids) with the corresponding Switch Pro button graphics (which are also included in a separate file within english.iff).

---

NBAonTNT Bottom-Left Watermark
(watermark.iff)

Just a logo replacement of the vanilla 2K watermark. I personally prefer the bottom-left placement because all of the other corners tend to be occupied by other presentational or HUD elements, but all existing NBAonTNT watermarks I've seen use the real-life upper-left placement, which clashes with Mobil 1 Blocks, etc. Aesthetically, too, for a watermark I prefer the flat-design look of this graphic and the transparency.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6jkdvc2b97sgq1/NBAonTNT_Bottom-Left_Watermark.7z/file

HOW TO MAKE:
Edit logo_2k_nba_combo_bw.095f1188d23cd8b9.dds into the NBAonTNT logo (Google for it) and use the BC1 (Linear, DXT1) setting when saving.

---

(NBAon)TNT General Logo Replacement
(lower3rd.iff, logo501.iff, TeaserMusic.iff)

Via lower3rd: Changes intro match-up logo and default scoreboard splash logo (i.e., "2K") to the TNT logo, as well as changing the secondary scoreboard logo to the NBAonTNT logo.

Via logo501: Changes pre-intro panel logo (when the guys are sitting in the locker room, or during the national anthem, as you can see in the screenshot) to the TNT logo.

Via TeaserMusic: Changes the 2K logo in the cinematic music-video intros to instead be the TNT logo.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i5lb40th7ro2oqs/%2528NBAon%2529TNT_General_Logo_Replacement.7z/file

HOW TO MAKE:
In lower3rd.iff, edit logo_2k_sports_dark.5cc01c832885206d.dds into the NBAonTNT logo (I made my own that cuts out the rectangular frame) and logo_2k_white_solo2k.55151083916c4d24.dds into the TNT logo in lower3rd.iff. In logo501.iff, edit the *.dds into the TNT logo. In TeaserMusic.iff, edit logo_2k_white_solo2k.55151083916c4d24.dds into the TNT logo, and I didn't notice where the logo_2ksports_sports_text.9d6009fbd2ee98d2.dds graphic appears in the presentation, but I erased it to make it a blank, transparent *.dds, just in case.

---

Replace 2K Sting with Team Matchup
(animatedsting.iff)

Replaces the default "NBA / 2K" sting (i.e., the initial, long pre-game animation showing a big 3d NBA 2K logo) with the animation that shows the matchup (teams) with the word "NEXT".

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0sqxrb2z270pttq/Replace_2K_Sting_with_Team_Matchup.7z/file

HOW TO MAKE:
Rename a copy of studioshowteamvsteambumper.iff to animatedsting.iff, then rename the *.VCUIELEMENT file to AnimatedSting.VCUIELEMENT.

Side note: animatedsting.iff makes for a wonderful wipe/bumper animation tester. Just create a new MyLeague and follow the above HOW TO MAKE instructions with any wipe/bumper *.iff, then start the game and 90% of the time it'll open your animation (sometimes it skips straight to the stadium, so you gotta quit back to the MyLeague calendar and try again). Very useful time-saver if you're tweaking-testing-tweaking-testing-etc.

---

NBAonTNT Wipes & Bumpers (credit 2KGOD for NBAonTNT wipe logo)
(gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff, gooeyoverlaysglobal.iff, studioshowbumper.iff, studioshowbumperhalftime.iff, studioshowbumperpostgame.iff, studioshowbumperpregame.iff)

Via gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff: Replaces the static 2K wipe with an NBAonTNT wipe. Honestly, 2KGOD's gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff might have the same effect; the only difference is that mine has all six of the 2K22 wipe *.VCUIELEMENT files, which I've made all identical to 2KGOD's WipeWarp.VCUIELEMENT. I just wanted to make sure that if the game looked for any of the six wipes, it would be redirected to 2KGOD's wipe.

Via gooeyoverlaysglobal.iff: Replaces the quick 3d 2K wipe with the 2KGOD NBAonTNT wipe.

Via all the studioshowbumper[xxxx].iff files: Changes the Presented By sponsor to the TNT logo and removes the initial 3d 2K logo.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kd764sk8u2heu45/NBAonTNT_Wipes_%2526_Bumpers_%2528credit_2KGOD_for_NBAonTNT_wipe_logo%2529.7z/file

HOW TO MAKE:
For gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff: Open 2KGOD's gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff and open wipe_warp.SCNE to find all the needed *.dds and *.model files, which you should transfer from 2KGOD's *.iff to a fresh gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff export. Then transfer WipeWarp.VCUIELEMENT, wipe_warp.SCNE, and all of the *.shader and *.animation files from 2KGOD's *.iff to the fresh gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff. Note that some of the *.animation files will not transfer (there'll be an error message), but it's fine that those two are omitted. (Honestly, all of this transferring might be unnecessary except for transferring 2k_sports_512.2ff0cad5f70797a8.dds, but I did it just in case.) Then overwrite all the other WipeWarp and wipe_warp *.VCUIELEMENT files with renamed copies of the transferred WipeWarp.VCUIELEMENT.

For gooeyoverlaysglobal.iff: Same as above, except change the last step simply to deleting 2kBackendWipe.VCUIELEMENT and renaming WipeWarp.VCUIELEMENT to 2kBackendWipe.VCUIELEMENT.

For all of the studioshowbumper[xxxx].iff files: Edit each *.iff file's t_2k_grunge_logo.829449511fd3c0ef.dds to be the TNT logo, and -- to remove the 3d 2K logo at the beginning of each bumper -- remove the following from studio_show_bumper.SCNE:

SNIPPET 1:

Code: Select all
      "pasted__pasted__Logo_2K_Sports:pasted__pasted__Logo_2K_Sports": {
         "Target": "body",
         "Target2": "pasted__pasted__Logo_2K_Sports",
         "Mask": 63,
         "Const": 63,
         "RotationOrder": "XYZ",
         "Output": "TRANSLATE_ROTATE_SCALE",
         "Bind": "NODE_MATRIX",
         "Binary": "pasted__pasted__Logo_2K_Sports_pasted__pasted__Logo_2K_Sports.57c49e62e0fe5d2f.animation"
      },

SNIPPET 2:

"pasted__pasted__Logo_2K_Sports": {
               "Parent": 0,
               "Child": 314,
               "Sibling": 318
            },

SNIPPET 3:

"pasted__pasted__FBXASC050Kwhite": {
               "Parent": 314,
               "Sibling": 316,
               "Translate": [ 24.2693748, 36.6005974, 0.03125 ]
            },
            "pasted__pasted__FBXASC050Kred": {
               "Parent": 314,
               "Sibling": 317,
               "Translate": [ 24.2693748, 36.6005974, 0.03125 ]
            },
            "pasted__pasted__Sports": {
               "Parent": 314
            },

SNIPPET 4:

"pasted__white": {
               "Mesh": "pasted__pasted__FBXASC050KwhiteShape",
               "Count": 8760
            },
            "pasted__red": {
               "Mesh": "pasted__pasted__FBXASC050KredShape",
               "Count": 12276
            },
            "pasted__white": {
               "Mesh": "pasted__pasted__SportsShape",
               "Count": 31992
            },

Also, change the "Pixelmap" address of nba/databuild/art/ui/_textures/_global/2k_sports_512.tga to nba/databuild/art/ui/_textures/_global/t_ao.tga. (This step might not be necessary; I just didn't bother to go back and check since it's harmless.)

---

Replace 3d 2K Wipe with 3d NBA Wipe
(gooeyoverlaysglobal.iff)

Ditto the gooeyoverlaysglobal.iff description for the above mod, except the replacement animation is the 2K-provided 3d NBA logo.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zsggylbe6e9j6ys/Replace_3d_2K_Wipe_with_3d_NBA_Wipe.7z/file

HOW TO MAKE:
Add the contents of wipenbalogo.iff to gooeyoverlaysglobal.iff, then delete 2kBackendWipe.VCUIELEMENT and rename WipeNBALogo.VCUIELEMENT to 2kBackendWipe.VCUIELEMENT.

Side note: In principle, one could do the same sort of thing with gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff (i.e., replacing all of its WipeWarp and wipe_warp *.VCUIELEMENT files with renamed copies of WipeNBALogo.VCUIELEMENT).

---

NBAonTNT Microphone
(appliance_microphonea_wireless2k.iff)

Gives DA / Allie LaForce an NBAonTNT-branded microphone.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i03quurr7kaajww/NBAonTNT_Microphone.7z/file

HOW TO MAKE:
Edit appliance_microphonea_wireless_c.63b3a8d1312a4f81.dds and use the BC1 (Linear, DXT1) setting when saving. Also drop another copy of the same *.dds file in the *.iff, just renamed as wireless_microphone.63b3a8d1312a4f81.dds.

---

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING, WHETHER FILES OR INSTRUCTONS, DOESN'T WORK. THANKS!
vetmin

Postby vetmin on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:08 pm

zondac12 wrote:great job of bringing back the refs bro. i completely forgot about those mods.

some gameplay:

phpBB [video]

No problem; thanks for sharing this video showing them in action. You have your game looking good!
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] Local, ESPN & TNT Broadcasters, Real Refs (M & F), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby Shuajota on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:46 am

Great work on those studios!
Shuajota

Re: [VETMIN] Local, ESPN & TNT Broadcasters, Real Refs (M & F), TNT Scoreboard, etc.

Postby CFJ1 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:45 am

You think you can do the Hornets Broadcasting Team?
CFJ1

Postby vetmin on Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:01 am

CFJ1 wrote:You think you can do the Hornets Broadcasting Team?

I'm happy to make any team, but the reason I chose only the ones I mentioned above (i.e., the ones I've posted + Hawks, Pistons, & maybe Nets) is because those are the only ones for whom I was able to find real or semi-realistic sideline reporters who:

• Have names that fit (MALES: first name = 5 letters/characters or less; last name = 8 letters/characters or less; FEMALES: first name = 5 letters/characters or less; last name = 7 letters/characters or less)
  • Have decent cyberfaces (either former players who are already in 2K; generic faces that look somewhat like the real people, e.g., that Mike Breen-ish face; or faces that I can make with Jeek's Cyberface Mixer without too much trouble)

Point #2 also applies to the studio crew, but generally if I was lucky enough to have two viable sideline reporters, I tried to make the studio situation work, since that's easier.

I really wanted to do the Hornets because I love the idea of Dell Curry on the sideline, but I don't know what to do about Ashley ShahAhmadi. I'd have to shorten her name to Ashle Shamadi or something, which is awkward, and -- looking at the female cyberfaces in the game -- I don't see any potential CF Mixer recipe that would even get in the ballpark of what she looks like :/ Are there any other females that are believable as Hornets sideline reporters? Maybe other local sports personalities (like how I used Kylen Mills for the Warriors instead of Kerith Burke, who IMO is not viable)?

I was using this page for guidance on local sports broadcasters -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... oadcasters
...but if anyone has workable suggestions for broadcasting crews beyond the Warriors, Knicks, Nuggets, Raptors, Hawks, Pistons, and Nets, please let me know.
vetmin

Postby CFJ1 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:47 am

vetmin wrote:

I'm happy to make any team, but the reason I chose only the ones I mentioned above (i.e., the ones I've posted + Hawks, Pistons, & maybe Nets) is because those are the only ones for whom I was able to find real or semi-realistic sideline reporters who:

• Have names that fit (MALES: first name = 5 letters/characters or less; last name = 8 letters/characters or less; FEMALES: first name = 5 letters/characters or less; last name = 7 letters/characters or less)
  • Have decent cyberfaces (either former players who are already in 2K; generic faces that look somewhat like the real people, e.g., that Mike Breen-ish face; or faces that I can make with Jeek's Cyberface Mixer without too much trouble)

Point #2 also applies to the studio crew, but generally if I was lucky enough to have two viable sideline reporters, I tried to make the studio situation work, since that's easier.

I really wanted to do the Hornets because I love the idea of Dell Curry on the sideline, but I don't know what to do about Ashley ShahAhmadi. I'd have to shorten her name to Ashle Shamadi or something, which is awkward, and -- looking at the female cyberfaces in the game -- I don't see any potential CF Mixer recipe that would even get in the ballpark of what she looks like :/ Are there any other females that are believable as Hornets sideline reporters? Maybe other local sports personalities (like how I used Kylen Mills for the Warriors instead of Kerith Burke, who IMO is not viable)?

I was using this page for guidance on local sports broadcasters -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... oadcasters
...but if anyone has workable suggestions for broadcasting crews beyond the Warriors, Knicks, Nuggets, Raptors, Hawks, Pistons, and Nets, please let me know.

I was hoping you could get Ashley into the game :lol: but Stephanie Ready used to be apart of FSN Hornets.
CFJ1

Postby vetmin on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:35 am

CFJ1 wrote:
vetmin wrote:

I was hoping you could get Ashley into the game :lol: but Stephanie Ready used to be apart of FSN Hornets.

Yeah I would've liked to as well, lol. Re: Stephanie Ready: I was actually considering her as an alternate to Allie LaForce in my alternate TNT pack, but decided against it, so maybe I'll use her after all for the Hornets. I'd have to style her name as "Steph Ready" in the game, but that's not bad (and you'd have Steph & Dell as sideline reporters :lol: ). For the CF, I'd been considering the one I used for Kayla Grey in the Raps crew:

kaylagrey.jpg

Not great, and I'll try a few different facial textures over that 3d model in case they look better, but I may have to fall back on what you see in that pic.

Any suggestions for the studio crew? I'll use Dell for that too, because it's slim pickings for these local broadcasts, but any other ex-players? I'm not going to spend too much time on it, but I can try a few recipes for Eric Collins. Kinda strikes me as a cross between Malcolm Brogdon and this generic CF:

3581 - Fictional [U] [S8][MALE].jpg

Odds are he'll look like a mutant though :lol: and won't be usable, so any suggestions are welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vetmin

Postby vetmin on Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:32 pm

MyLeague Social Media Overhaul

social1.jpg

This is a customization of the social media personalities and posts that appear in franchise mode. It is optimized for MyLeague; potential issues with other modes are noted below.
Download -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/mgliqbfcs1xlett/vetmin_-_MyLeague_Social_Media_Overhaul.zip/file

Features:

- Default reporters / media members have, for the most part, been replaced with more well-known personalities or media entities, except when the default was genuinely well known (like Malika Andrews, Nick Wright, etc.). Examples of new social media accounts include people like Adrian Wojnarowski, John Hollinger, Brian Windhorst, Chris Herring, Tim Bontemps, etc. and media entity accounts like NBA on ESPN, HoopsHype, Bleacher Report, Hoop Central, etc. I made an effort to prioritize national media, since the game does not 'assign' certain accounts to certain beats; it's all mixed up. But I exercised a little bit of Warriors fan bias by including a few Bay Area-centric folk (Marcus Thompson, Tim Kawakami, Light Years Pod, also didn't delete Andy Liu).

- For default reporters / media members who 'survived the purge', their social media profile pics have mostly been updated (for instance, Nate Duncan's is now the Dunc'd On image that it has been in real life for awhile).

- For both social media and power rankings, Erick Boenisch has been replaced by The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor.

- "2K" / "2K Sports" social media, mock drafts, and power rankings have been replaced by "SI" (i.e., Sports Illustrated) / "SI #Hoops". SEE NOTE / WARNING BELOW ABOUT THIS.

- Many in-season social media messages have been edited, with key edits / points of emphasis being:
  • De-stigmatization of the G League. No more reporters wondering how some two-way guy took the "slap in the face" of being sent down to the G League.
  • Re-purposing static messages for more fun / realistic alternatives.
  • Re-wording a great deal of message text for better flow and realism. A lot of the default writing is just bad / clunky.
  • Generally dialing back the use of hashtags, though there are still many in the game. I tried to address most of the lamer hashtags I came across (like "A new career high in blocks for [PLAYER]! #blocks").
  • Customizing some of the NBA Injury Report injuries to be inside jokes for NBA fans (just for fun).
  • Fixing existing typos / errors in 2K's message text.

- Fan accounts and messages have also been customized in many cases to be more in line with what you actually see on NBA Twitter.

- Tweet locations are hidden, as they're pretty random and unrealistic.

- BONUS: "2K Hoops Summit" has been changed to "#NikeHoopSummit".

social3.jpg

Notes / Warnings:

- Without getting too technical, the way text is programmed in 2K leads to there being random and unforeseeable interdependencies between seemingly unrelated bits of text in the game. As an example, there is a social media handle named "Lance Fresh"; also, when your players are 100% rested, their fatigue status is "Fresh"; it turns out that the game literally looks at the same raw text data for the word "Fresh" in both cases, so if you were to change the social media dude's name to "Lance Davis", then your players will progress from "Rested" to "Davis", lol. All of this is to say: PLEASE REPORT ANY TEXT-RELATED ANOMALIES (ANYWHERE IN MYLEAGUE, NOT JUST IN SOCIAL MEDIA) THAT YOU OBSERVE WHILE THIS MOD IS ENABLED. I fixed the ones I observed and also took general precautions to minimize them, but there are likely anomalies that I haven't come across yet.

- That said: NO NEED TO REPORT TEXT-RELATED ANOMALIES THAT DO NOT IMPACT MYLEAGUE OR GENERAL 2K FUNCTIONALITY. I know for a fact that the online modes are littered with one particular 'error': the text "2K" being replaced with "SI", since -- to make that particular edit in social media -- I had to first make a global edit then go back and clean up where it affected things adversely. I did not clean anything up in the non-franchise modes, because they're irrelevant to this mod. I also did not go out of my way to fix anything in MyGM or MyLeague Online, though these modes use a lot of the same functions as regular MyLeague, so they may be fine; I just don't know (or care, to be perfectly honest). I suppose you could report MyGM or MLO anomalies too and I'll fix them if I have time and it's easy, but it's not a huge priority. My general advice: SWITCH THIS MOD OFF WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING IN ANY OTHER MODE EXCEPT SINGLE-PLAYER MYLEAGUE.

- This mod is not compatible with any other mods that touch TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA, including my own previously posted broadcast packs. I will make compatibility versions of the file for at least some of the broadcast packs. Stay tuned for more on that front.

- Off-season and scouting social media messages have NOT been edited, reason being that I only use social media for staying abreast of how things are going around the league during the season / playoffs. I don't use 2K's scouting functionality at all (no point with real-life draft classes), nor do I look at social media during the offseason, since I control all 30 teams.

- This isn't perfect. (1) There are too many social media messages to truly overhaul the whole thing. (2) There are strict limitations to any customization (i.e., you can only replace letters, not add them). (3) The general randomization of who says what -- which leads to people tweeting things that they would never tweet in real life -- is hard-coded into 2K. (4) With so much repetition of certain messages, there are limitations to how realistic it can feel, regardless of what those messages are. All that said though, IMO this mod offers a markedly superior experience over default 2K.

social2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] Social Media Overhaul, Real Broadcasters, Real Refs, TNT Scorebug, etc.

Postby noname1 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Thanks for this and all your previous work! :applaud:

I'm being curios for some time - would it be possible to implement the ticker bar from MyLeague to the scoreboards (Bailly, ESPN...), to match the real life experience?

How cool it would be to have real MyLeague info with previous or live scores updates while actually playing the game with your team!
noname1

Re: [VETMIN] Social Media Overhaul, Real Broadcasters, Real Refs, TNT Scorebug, etc.

Postby BubbleTJWarren on Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:52 pm

there are some bugs using the social media overhaul.. system proficiency has some invisible labels, the pg label in all-nba selection is an exclamation point
BubbleTJWarren

Postby vetmin on Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:17 am

MB22 wrote:Thanks for this and all your previous work! :applaud:

I'm being curios for some time - would it be possible to implement the ticker bar from MyLeague to the scoreboards (Bailly, ESPN...), to match the real life experience?

How cool it would be to have real MyLeague info with previous or live scores updates while actually playing the game with your team!

That would be very cool but I wouldn't know where to begin with that, unfortunately :/

BubbleTJWarren wrote:there are some bugs using the social media overhaul.. system proficiency has some invisible labels, the pg label in all-nba selection is an exclamation point

Thanks for sharing those bugs! These are the exactly the sorts of things I was alluding to in my Notes / Warnings above, and I will address them in the next version (this weekend). To everyone: I hope it goes without saying that using a mod like this requires a certain tolerance for potential text-related anomalies; the unpredictable textual interdependencies in the game's programming make them inevitable. The best one can do is just deal with them once they've been noticed. In a perfect world I'd test every possible screen, display box, etc. before releasing, but by the time I'd finish that, 2k23 would be out :P so it just is what is.

That said, I noticed last night that -- within MyLeague while not in a game -- my modded game text eventually causes a crash. My hunch is that the ticker is trying to load the 2K Power Rankings and is crashing because a command in the game text has "2K" replaced with "SI" (I went through and tried to address all of these, but maybe I missed one...). I haven't tested it, but I would guess that turning Power Rankings off in the Ticker Settings would solve the issue. It's a little disconcerting though and I may just release the version that still has 2K instead of SI (I backed up the mod before I made that change because I was afraid of this...) for better stability.
vetmin

Postby vetmin on Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:49 pm

BubbleTJWarren wrote:there are some bugs using the social media overhaul.. system proficiency has some invisible labels, the pg label in all-nba selection is an exclamation point

Had a few minutes tonight so I fixed these. Here is a quick edit to the game text that merely fixes those issues (assuming re: System Proficiency you meant the blank where "Defense" should be): https://www.mediafire.com/file/373v402wwj7gn0v/Game_Text_Quick_Fix_for_v1.0.zip/file

That said, I'm having second thoughts about the mass editing of the "2K" text string that I did (I worry about stability), so here is a nearly identical version of the whole mod that merely reverts SI (Sports Illustrated) back to 2K (and also the #NikeHoopSummit, though I may re-insert that in a later version): https://www.mediafire.com/file/gdt0n5e0zdvbanc/vetmin_-_MyLeague_Social_Media_Overhaul_v1.1.zip/file. To get the 2K logos back instead of the SI ones, I've put the default 2K logo in the gooeyglobalIFF folder (so it can be put back in gooeyglobal.iff) and also the enclosed socialmedia_profilepics.iff reverts the SI logo back to the default 2K22 logo. The 2K / SI thing was the only edit I made that had any real risk of instability / crashes, so this version should work fine except for the sorts of textual anomalies that I will continue to clean up as I encounter them. Again, I'd much appreciate any user feedback re: text bugs; if you can be specific about what/where the error is, they're usually easy to fix.
vetmin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding