INTRO MUSIC MOD - UPDATE V2 - TNT/ESPN/NBC/Bally/RETRO Network Music

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: INTRO MUSIC MOD - UPDATE V2 - TNT/ESPN/NBC/Bally/RETRO Network Music

Postby Uncle Drew on Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:50 am

Question. What's the difference between the TNT regular and national files?
Uncle Drew

Postby Adamb34n on Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:11 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Question. What's the difference between the TNT regular and national files?

So, originally I had designated the 'NatTV' files to contain the global that plays the network music ONLY when the animatedsting intro plays (The voice comes on introducing you to 2K sports). The issue with this is that is it doesn't always play - usually only during some MyLeague and a few quick game matchups (of course at random I have found). This led me to include the 'Regular' files that play the network music when the game is ready to enter when you are on the 2K TV segment before the game. This way it will play every single game.

I could see how it would be confusing, but it was the original way I had packaged and designed the Mod Pack - I have since revised it. If you download Version 2 (updated last night), it only contains the music files (and global if you want it - if you don't already have a previously modded global from another mod) that play the music when the game is ready to enter during the 2K TV segment. The national files have been removed and I included a new detailed installation process that is hopefully more clear for everyone.

Hope that clears it up!
Adamb34n

Postby diallo_30 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:33 pm

hello, is there any solution for those who play offline, since it does not appear on 2ktv?
maybe i'm doing something wrong lol
but I played about 10 games and it only played once even putting the files in the Regular folder
diallo_30

Postby Adamb34n on Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:01 am

diallo_30 wrote:hello, is there any solution for those who play offline, since it does not appear on 2ktv?
but I played about 10 games and it only played once even putting the files in the Regular folder

So I turned off my internet and checked out the loading screen when it is offline without the 2K TV segment. For now, I don't see an easy solution for those who play offline unfortunately, since the audio file relies on playing when the 'start game' button sound effect plays during the 2K TV segment.

That is odd that you said you got it to play once - are you using the original mod pack I released? Or V2 that I pushed yesterday? In V1 I did include certain files that would trigger the audio file when the 'Welcome to 2K Sports' voiceover plays before the game - the issue with this is that this voiceover/animation does not play every time I have found, so it would be more random when you get the intro music. This is why I decided to focus on the 2K TV segment method from now on.

I could make a separate Mod Pack for those who are offline to include files to play when that intro plays, if you want. It isn't going to work with every match-up but it could be worth it if you want the intro music in some of your games.
Adamb34n

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:48 am

The only problem I've found since I installed your mod is the PA Announcer doesn't say the players name after they make a basket if the PA volume and the crowd volume is at 50 like you suggested. I turned up PA volume to 70, left the crowd at 50 and now I can hear theem say the players name. Maybe this is just on my PC, I don't know.
Last edited by Uncle Drew on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Drew

Postby Adamb34n on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:51 am

Uncle Drew wrote:The only problem I've found since I installed your mod is the PA Announcer doesn't say the players name after they make a basket. I don't know if anyone else has this problem.

Since the last update to NBA 2K22 I think this has been a common problem for many - some PA announcers have been wonky for a little while for me as well. I'm not sure if it is related to this mod as the edited sound file isn't related to the PA announcers.

Has it been since you installed the mod? Maybe try a few different teams - there could be some issues under the hood that are related to this but I think some more testing would be good. I'll check it out myself!
Adamb34n

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:58 am

Adamb34n wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:The only problem I've found since I installed your mod is the PA Announcer doesn't say the players name after they make a basket. I don't know if anyone else has this problem.

Since the last update to NBA 2K22 I think this has been a common problem for many - some PA announcers have been wonky for a little while for me as well. I'm not sure if it is related to this mod as the edited sound file isn't related to the PA announcers.

Has it been since you installed the mod? Maybe try a few different teams - there could be some issues under the hood that are related to this but I think some more testing would be good. I'll check it out myself!

I had the CPU vs CPU play Phoenix at Miami and the PA didn't work. I then tried Chicago at Detroit, and it worked. Go figure. And yes, it worked fine before I installed the mod.
Uncle Drew

Postby Adamb34n on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:04 am

Uncle Drew wrote:I had the CPU vs CPU play Phoenix at Miami and the PA didn't work. I then tried Chicago at Detroit, and it worked. Go figure. And yes, it worked fine before I installed the mod.

Miami's PA specifically I have noticed has been wonky - I'll keep an eye out for others.
Adamb34n

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:10 am

Adamb34n wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:I had the CPU vs CPU play Phoenix at Miami and the PA didn't work. I then tried Chicago at Detroit, and it worked. Go figure. And yes, it worked fine before I installed the mod.

Miami's PA specifically I have noticed has been wonky - I'll keep an eye out for others.

It seems to be working on a few other teams I tried but Miami. I'll try different teams later.
Uncle Drew

Postby vincemeister55 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:08 am

PA in Miami and Portland is bugged since update 1.08 afaik. I made a comment on the issue viewtopic.php?f=271&t=112981

@Adamb34n - Regarding the offline issue, your V1 pack 100% works on PlayNow, but not in Myleague, as well as your V2 pack. But I noticed that on Myleague when offline, in the team's calendar, when you see a small tv icon in the upper right corner of a scheduled game, that means its a "national tv" game therefore your V1 (which uses the sfx-nba-animationsting_01.resa) mod will work for offline just like in PlayNow. But only with that small tv icon schedule. So I think If anybody has the knowledge to make all the games in Myleague a national tv game, then I think thats the workaround for offline users using the V1 or the sfx-nba-animationsting_01.resa.
vincemeister55

Postby diallo_30 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:45 pm

Adamb34n wrote:
diallo_30 wrote:hello, is there any solution for those who play offline, since it does not appear on 2ktv?

So I turned off my internet and checked out the loading screen when it is offline without the 2K TV segment. For now, I don't see an easy solution for those who play offline unfortunately, since the audio file relies on playing when the 'start game' button sound effect plays during the 2K TV segment.

That is odd that you said you got it to play once - are you using the original mod pack I released? Or V2 that I pushed yesterday? In V1 I did include certain files that would trigger the audio file when the 'Welcome to 2K Sports' voiceover plays before the game - the issue with this is that this voiceover/animation does not play every time I have found, so it would be more random when you get the intro music. This is why I decided to focus on the 2K TV segment method from now on.

I could make a separate Mod Pack for those who are offline to include files to play when that intro plays, if you want. It isn't going to work with every match-up but it could be worth it if you want the intro music in some of your games.

Thanks for the answer. :D
Yes, the only time it played was on V1, but it played along with a song from the game itself, if I'm not mistaken.
The loading screen that appears the 2k logo before the exhibition games was muted, as well as those trailers with plays with those two songs that appear sometimes. If you can find a way, even randomly, to make the songs work, I'd really appreciate it because I don't always have wifi for my laptop where I play. :cry:
diallo_30

Postby vetmin on Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:17 am

vincemeister55 wrote:PA in Miami and Portland is bugged since update 1.08 afaik. I made a comment on the issue viewtopic.php?f=271&t=112981

@Adamb34n - Regarding the offline issue, your V1 pack 100% works on PlayNow, but not in Myleague, as well as your V2 pack. But I noticed that on Myleague when offline, in the team's calendar, when you see a small tv icon in the upper right corner of a scheduled game, that means its a "national tv" game therefore your V1 (which uses the sfx-nba-animationsting_01.resa) mod will work for offline just like in PlayNow. But only with that small tv icon schedule. So I think If anybody has the knowledge to make all the games in Myleague a national tv game, then I think thats the workaround for offline users using the V1 or the sfx-nba-animationsting_01.resa.

This is a good idea.

Another possibility for offline users (and online users; it's present in both): I do see that when you load into a game and it's loading, and you press Start to pull up the lineups interface, there is a sound effect that triggers (twice in quick succession, it sounds like). Theoretically that could serve as a trigger for broadcast music, but -- without doing a lot of digging through the global RESA files -- it sounds like it's a generic menu sound effect that isn't really usable (or else you'd be triggering broadcast music all over the place just navigating around in menus). So I don't think it will work, but by chance if that is a dedicated sound effect for that interface, it would work.
vetmin

Postby Adamb34n on Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:01 am

diallo_30 wrote:Thanks for the answer. :D
Yes, the only time it played was on V1, but it played along with a song from the game itself, if I'm not mistaken.
The loading screen that appears the 2k logo before the exhibition games was muted, as well as those trailers with plays with those two songs that appear sometimes. If you can find a way, even randomly, to make the songs work, I'd really appreciate it because I don't always have wifi for my laptop where I play. :cry:

I think I am going to create a mod pack specifically made for offline players that will play the intro music when the 2k logo before the game appears - I should have it out by this weekend! It won't play every time, but it will at least give you an option to get some network music into the game.
Adamb34n

Postby Adamb34n on Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:05 am

vetmin wrote:
This is a good idea.

Another possibility for offline users (and online users; it's present in both): I do see that when you load into a game and it's loading, and you press Start to pull up the lineups interface, there is a sound effect that triggers (twice in quick succession, it sounds like). Theoretically that could serve as a trigger for broadcast music, but -- without doing a lot of digging through the global RESA files -- it sounds like it's a generic menu sound effect that isn't really usable (or else you'd be triggering broadcast music all over the place just navigating around in menus). So I don't think it will work, but by chance if that is a dedicated sound effect for that interface, it would work.

I'll look into this. I do agree that it is most likely a generic sound so it would trigger when you don't want it to, but it is worth searching for more solutions.
Adamb34n

Postby diallo_30 on Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:35 pm

Adamb34n wrote:
diallo_30 wrote:Thanks for the answer. :D

I think I am going to create a mod pack specifically made for offline players that will play the intro music when the 2k logo before the game appears - I should have it out by this weekend! It won't play every time, but it will at least give you an option to get some network music into the game.

Thanks brother! :bowdown:
diallo_30

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:35 am

Adamb34n, did you find a fix for Miami's PA announcer?
Uncle Drew

Postby Adamb34n on Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:26 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Adamb34n, did you find a fix for Miami's PA announcer?

See this reply:

vincemeister55 wrote:PA in Miami and Portland is bugged since update 1.08 afaik. I made a comment on the issue viewtopic.php?f=271&t=112981

It is a problem on 2K's end, so hopefully they can update it soon.
Adamb34n

Postby Shuajota on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:48 am

Nice work
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:49 am

Adamb34n wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:Adamb34n, did you find a fix for Miami's PA announcer?

See this reply:

It is a problem on 2K's end, so hopefully they can update it soon.

Thanks for the reply but, I don't see that happening any time soon. They probably don't even know about it.
Uncle Drew

Postby dirtydraw on Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:34 pm

Great mod. Thanks a lot man.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby Adamb34n on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:03 am

Shuajota wrote:Nice work

dirtydraw wrote:Great mod. Thanks a lot man.

Thank you! Glad people are enjoying it.
Adamb34n

Postby USMarineSoldier on Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:22 am

Is there a Version three coming with MSG and Yes theme. I think I finally got it to work LOL!!
USMarineSoldier

Postby Mahmood on Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:24 pm

USMarineSoldier wrote:Is there a Version three coming with MSG and Yes theme. I think I finally got it to work LOL!!

Adam and Vetmin actually worked together to make a better version in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=272&t=113707
Pretty sure it includes the YES theme too! A little different process of installing it but the functionality is far better, you'll see.
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby tinpanalley on Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:28 pm

Any chance of an MSG network scoreboard?
tinpanalley

Re: INTRO MUSIC MOD - HUGE FIND/WORKAROUND! - TNT/ESPN/NBC Network Themes

Postby El_Flama_Blanca on Wed May 24, 2023 3:01 am

I know this thread is old but I’m trying to figure out how to do this as well. Can’t you just take the exported RESA file and open it in audacity and save as .wav then rename it to .RESA?

I’ve tried doing it this way but saving as .ogg then renaming to .RESA but the game crashes every time

vetmin wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:
Adamb34n wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:Great post.
Any chance you could post the audio format/parameters you used for the RESA files ?

Thanks!

By the audio format/parameters, are you referring to the process where I took the original audio file I wanted to use and converted it into the RESA format? Or do you mean the audio details (like hz, or length) that show when you edit the file (I used audacity) in the audio editor?

I was referring to Audacity options when you save the file. I thoughts it was ogg 44hz then rename, but it doesnt work.
So if you can share those settings, it would be great for retro scene too ;)

He said above that he did the same thing I did in order to create RESA audio files for the TeaserMusic presentations, namely: (1) create the audio you want in MP3 format, (2) convert MP3 to WAV using looyh's 2K Music Converter, then (3) rename the WAV to blahblahblah.RESA. I mentioned above that I tried to do this awhile back and it didn't work, but I only tried once and may have made a stupid mistake along the way. I will try again to be sure. (It's of course possible that OP and I may be using different MP3 encoding, and his encoding works with the global RESAs while mine works with TeaserMusic only, but I haven't confirmed that, and I would think that the conversion process by looyh's tool would cleanse the file of anything unique in its MP3 encoding).
El_Flama_Blanca

Previous

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding