[ADAMB34N & VETMIN] Broadcast Music Pack v.2

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [ADAMB34N & VETMIN] Broadcast Music Pack v.2

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:05 am

Just have a question. What do you mean by enter folder with desired audio? Kinda confused by that. I have the 1st version and want to update to V2.
Uncle Drew

Postby sk8pop on Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:36 am

can i make a suggestion? a tutorial on how to implement these files in the game would be very helpful. thanks
sk8pop

Re: [ADAMB34N & VETMIN] Broadcast Music Pack

Postby Adamb34n on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:20 am

diallo_30 wrote:
you lied to me :lol: hahaha

excellent work on this V2, really good, congratulations for doing something different and making this game more immersive!

Ha! Where there is a will, there is a way I suppose - had to do some digging to make it happen.

Thank you!

vetmin wrote:Just wanna say Adamb34n deserves the credit for v2; it obviously builds on what we collaborated on more equally in v1, and content I created is included in the pack, but literally all the previously unreleased content in v2 is his doing, so he deserves all the praise for this! :bowdown: :bowdown2:

Wouldn't have gotten this far without you and others in the community!
Adamb34n

Postby Adamb34n on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:32 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Just have a question. What do you mean by enter folder with desired audio? Kinda confused by that. I have the 1st version and want to update to V2.

V2 offers different aspects than V1 had, expanding the broadcast themes into other areas of the game. I really only focused on ESPN and TNT.

When I say enter folder with desired audio, it means pretty much exactly that - if you want a variant of an ESPN transition music between quarters, for example, enter the folder of the variant you want with that file and drag it into your sfx_inside_001.iff - which should be in a Mod folder inside the 2k22 folder directory.

DAVID-SEP wrote:can i make a suggestion? a tutorial on how to implement these files in the game would be very helpful. thanks

I've gotten a few requests for this - for people unfamiliar with going in depth installing mods for the game it is understandable that the installation instructions (while in great detail) may be confusing.

I am going to put together an installation video soon and hopefully that will be helpful! :)
Adamb34n

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:06 am

Adamb34n wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:Just have a question. What do you mean by enter folder with desired audio? Kinda confused by that. I have the 1st version and want to update to V2.

V2 offers different aspects than V1 had, expanding the broadcast themes into other areas of the game. I really only focused on ESPN and TNT.

When I say enter folder with desired audio, it means pretty much exactly that - if you want a variant of an ESPN transition music between quarters, for example, enter the folder of the variant you want with that file and drag it into your sfx_inside_001.iff - which should be in a Mod folder inside the 2k22 folder directory.

DAVID-SEP wrote:can i make a suggestion? a tutorial on how to implement these files in the game would be very helpful. thanks

I've gotten a few requests for this - for people unfamiliar with going in depth installing mods for the game it is understandable that the installation instructions (while in great detail) may be confusing.

I am going to put together an installation video soon and hopefully that will be helpful! :)

Yes, that would be very helpful because I get confused about which files go in which folders because I still can't hear the new songs you added.
Uncle Drew

Postby diallo_30 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:08 pm

Adamb34n wrote:Broadcast Music Pack V2

It is important that you read this entire post. Installation instructions, recommended audio settings, and tips for use are all included in the download.

In V1, we released numerous broadcast themes that play with the titlecard at the beginning of each game, during pre-game highlight montages, and the animated stings.

For V2, we have expanded the usage of broadcast themes into numerous other parts throughout the game, reflecting what would be seen in a real life broadcast on ESPN or TNT.
---------------------------------------------------
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xy2l4adk ... V2.7z/file
Preview:

phpBB [video]

New Additions Include:

Animated Sting - NBA 75th (2022 NBA Season + Playoffs)

Teaser Music - Numerous playoff hype music options (2006-presnet)

Intro Music - ESPN Flagship Theme, ESPN on ABC Theme (2022 NBA Finals!), and TNT Flagship Theme - each shortened to better mesh with other musical components pre-game

Starting Lineups - Numerous ESPN themes as seen in real life NBA broadcasts

Transition Music - Numerous ESPN themes, TNT theme - Used for highlight montage in between quarters, end of halftime, and end of game

Overlay Music - Numerous ESPN themes - Used mainly for MyLeague - Including Injury Report, Power Rankings, Standings, Upcoming Schedule

To preview the audio, you should be able to open the .RESA file in most programs.

Keys are also provided in most folders detailing the current real life usage of each theme.
Usage
There are countless options to mix and match music to truly create a real life broadcast experience. While you can use some themes and music sparingly, the potential to create
multiple packages for each broadcast station will keep each game fresh and exciting. Combining different intro music, transition music, overlay music, etc. into multiple different
sfx001_inside.iff files opens the door for customizability that wasn't before possible. This can be done using Looyh's hook, where multiple Mod folders can be available to be toggled on at
a moments notice. For example, multiple ESPN Mod folders could be created to reflect a regular season or playoffs package.

This could look like this:

Mod_Audio_ESPNPackage1
Mod_Audio_ESPNPackage2
Mod_Audio_ESPNPackage3

and so forth, simply toggling the one you want to use for any potential game. You can go as deep and complex with the customization as you want and have multiple sfx_inside_001.iff
files. If you are using Mood's sound overhaul, for example, you could create multiple copies of sfx_inside_001.iff with his components, then mix and match
different overlay, intro, and transition themes as desired.

Important Notes
- Every game in NBA 2k22 triggers different overlays, teasers, and transitions. Not every game will have the teaser music, the starting 5 overlay
configured by 2K to play the modded audio file, or the highlight montage that will play the modded audio file - but most will.

- Once you get past the AnimatedSting and TeaserMusic portions of the pre-game sequence (if they even show at all), it is best to let the presentation play out without pressing
any buttons to skip ahead. If you skip ahead, the theme could potentially get mashed together with other pre-game music and sound bad, or if you're skipping ahead really fast,
you might find yourself playing the first 10 seconds of the game while the broadcast theme is still playing. This also applies to any overlays or transition music in between
quarters.

- Transition Music: Currently only one theme can be used at a time for transition music between quarters, as limitations with audio file modding only allow for this current method.
Transition music between quarters also ONLY triggers when quarters are at least ~5 min or more.

- There may be instances where the audio may overlap with other audio briefly. The implementation, for the most part, is solid but it can be occasionally off in
very few scenarios. This is apparent with transition music between quarters, as there is no way to efficiently shut off the music 2K plays on its own. Regardless, in most cases
it isn't too noticeable and doesn't take away from the immersion of having real broadcast music.

Credits
Adamb34n - Conception, File Process, Audio Implementation
vetmin - Conception, File Process, Audio Implementation
Mahmood - Insights, File Locating
Looyh - Hook Tool, Music Converter

I have a question about the transition music, in my game it plays in any replay, I had to turn off the replays during the game so it only plays at the end of the game's quarters, did I do something wrong or this is how it works anyway :?:
diallo_30

Postby Adamb34n on Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:32 am

diallo_30 wrote:I have a question about the transition music, in my game it plays in any replay, I had to turn off the replays during the game so it only plays at the end of the game's quarters, did I do something wrong or this is how it works anyway :?:

This is something I did not catch!

If you are referring to replays during the game, I have those turned off (personal preference) - which explains why I didn't realize this hitch.

I'll be sure to add this into the post, thanks for bringing this up.
Adamb34n

Postby keanufong on Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:16 am

hello, download link is not working?
keanufong

Postby Hendude127 on Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:59 am

Thank you so much for this mod guys! I've run into a problem though. When loading into the game, I get the NBA Copyright Notice mod which works perfectly. But, I also can hear an ESPN theme playing over that. I was wondering if that ESPN theme is in the Intro folder, and if the files in that folder overlap with the animationsting files?
Hendude127

Postby vetmin on Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:12 am

Hendude127 wrote:Thank you so much for this mod guys! I've run into a problem though. When loading into the game, I get the NBA Copyright Notice mod which works perfectly. But, I also can hear an ESPN theme playing over that. I was wondering if that ESPN theme is in the Intro folder, and if the files in that folder overlap with the animationsting files?

It sounds like you may have Adam's original pack installed underneath the newer pack. Be sure you're only using the newer pack (i.e., the one we collaborated on).
vetmin

Postby diallo_30 on Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:07 am

any possibility of this mod for 2k23? :D :D
diallo_30

Postby Devliinn on Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 am

thanks for your article, listen to your favorite music on Radio bollerwagen
Devliinn

Postby El_Flama_Blanca on Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:13 am

I have a couple questions. From my understanding, I am supposed to have a global.iff in each broadcast folder. So for example I have an ESPN folder labeled "mod_espn". I have the global.iff in there as well as the sfx_inside_001.iff file. So how does this interact with the other global.iff file that I have in my main "mods" folder?? Do I need to just copy and paste the one from the mod_espn folder??? Same thing with the sfx_inside_001.iff. I have another sound mod for the crowd that also has this file. Can each mod have their own sfx_inside_001.iff file or do I need to have the same one in each folder???
El_Flama_Blanca

Postby tracyberge on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:49 pm

download link is not working?
Donkey Kong
tracyberge

Previous

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding