NBA TV Center Court Scoreboard Done

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA TV Center Court Scoreboard Done

Postby ernel2014 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:45 pm

Someone else will have to add the playoffs stuff I just took a little time to complete a request. Also if some things are off please take the liberty to correct, its my first scorebug in about 2 years.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wqip4dty ... rt.7z/file
ernel2014

Re: NBA TV Center Court Scoreboard Done

Postby ernel2014 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:12 pm

Hey got a question for anyone. Has anyone been able to figureout how to add the team logo to the score fx? Like when the team scores it will rotate to show the team logo, then switch back to the number. I saw it on a scoreboard back in 2018, I think looyh or kmiz did it but knowone has done it since. Bongo88 mentioned something about karinge giving him a doc for a 2018 scorebug conversion regarding score animations but I dont know if that is the same thing or not.
ernel2014

Postby rtomb_03 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:51 pm

ernel2014 wrote:Hey got a question for anyone. Has anyone been able to figureout how to add the team logo to the score fx? Like when the team scores it will rotate to show the team logo, then switch back to the number. I saw it on a scoreboard back in 2018, I think looyh or kmiz did it but knowone has done it since. Bongo88 mentioned something about karinge giving him a doc for a 2018 scorebug conversion regarding score animations but I dont know if that is the same thing or not.

change the animation Target of "TEAMWORDMARK" and replace it with "TEAMLOGO", and put your teamlogo_shape model on top of the score and edit the texture mapping.

sample:
Code: Select all
      "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY:DiffuseColor": {
         "Target": "TEAMLOGO_AWAY",
         "Target2": "DiffuseColor",
         "Mask": 8,
         "Output": "FLOAT",
         "Bind": "PARAMETER",
         "Binary": "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_DiffuseColor.223aabb5df3a60c8.animation"
      },
      "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY:BaseTextureScaleAndOffset": {
         "Target": "TEAMLOGO_AWAY",
         "Target2": "BaseTextureScaleAndOffset",
         "Binary": "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_BaseTextureScaleAndOffset.82e4a2a3025dd322.animation"
      },

or you can use/add the same WORDMARK animation if you wanna use both WORDMARK and TEAMLOGO at the same time.

Code: Select all
      "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY:DiffuseColor1": {
         "Target": "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY",
         "Target2": "DiffuseColor",
         "Binary": "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_DiffuseColor.223aabb5df3a60c8.animation"
      },
      "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY:BaseTextureScaleAndOffset1": {
         "Target": "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY",
         "Target2": "BaseTextureScaleAndOffset",
         "Binary": "TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_BaseTextureScaleAndOffset.82e4a2a3025dd322.animation"
      },
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rtomb_03
(INACTIVE)

Postby ernel2014 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:01 pm

Cool thanks rtomb. :bowdown: :bowdown2: Can you please reupload the revised version of the scorebug for everyone,, it would be greatly appericated.
ernel2014

Postby bongo88 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:10 pm

looks great ernel ... you always did great work.

I actually never new about the wordmark swipe thingy .... hopefully rtomb will share a tutorial with more details about how to switch the swipe. He did share some stuff, but it's been a long time since i've opened a scene... so not sure what he means about moving logo and texture stuff.

regardless, great work ernel on the scoreboard.
bongo88

Postby zondac12 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:14 pm

amazing job, ernel. :applaud:
zondac12

Postby rtomb_03 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:45 am

ernel2014 wrote:Cool thanks rtomb. :bowdown: :bowdown2: Can you please reupload the revised version of the scorebug for everyone,, it would be greatly appericated.

Here's the file:

I added the Bonus + sign beside the tricode based on actual
if you want to change the slide animation downward you can edit TEAMWORDMARK_BaseTextureScaleAndOffset & DiffuseColor, but I dont know the exact hex location/values.

bongo88 wrote:looks great ernel ... you always did great work.

I actually never new about the wordmark swipe thingy .... hopefully rtomb will share a tutorial with more details about how to switch the swipe. He did share some stuff, but it's been a long time since i've opened a scene... so not sure what he means about moving logo and texture stuff.

regardless, great work ernel on the scoreboard.

you can put any Target, base on any Animations. as for the Wordmark animation, normally it appear after a team scores.. It is applicable to any scne file, eg arena, basket, items etc. Any textures, animations, materials etc. are interchangeable as long as it applied to the correct model (Vertex Group in blender)
Last edited by rtomb_03 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rtomb_03
(INACTIVE)

Postby bongo88 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:38 am

rtomb_03 wrote:you can put any Target, base on any Animations. as for the Wordmark animation, normally it appear after a team scores.. It is applicable to any scne file, eg arena, basket, items etc. Any textures, animations, materials etc. are interchangeable as long as it applied to the correct model (Vertex Group in blender)

no idea... well, some idea, but i never bothered with scenes to much.... except to brute force them :) lol. anyways, i'm sure you are correct and glad you know more about this than me. I'll just put this here in case i ever make a scoreboard... and want to learn something new ... it be a while since i've made a scoreboard ... https://i.imgur.com/qhJsCpE.png

oh, one question... TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_BaseTextureScaleAndOffset.82e4a2a3025dd322.animation ... is the animation from 2k22 or an older 2k game?

anyways, have a good day.
bongo88

Postby rtomb_03 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:17 am

bongo88 wrote:
rtomb_03 wrote:you can put any Target, base on any Animations. as for the Wordmark animation, normally it appear after a team scores.. It is applicable to any scne file, eg arena, basket, items etc. Any textures, animations, materials etc. are interchangeable as long as it applied to the correct model (Vertex Group in blender)

no idea... well, some idea, but i never bothered with scenes to much.... except to brute force them :) lol. anyways, i'm sure you are correct and glad you know more about this than me. I'll just put this here in case i ever make a scoreboard... and want to learn something new ... it be a while since i've made a scoreboard ... https://i.imgur.com/qhJsCpE.png

oh, one question... TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_BaseTextureScaleAndOffset.82e4a2a3025dd322.animation ... is the animation from 2k22 or an older 2k game?

anyways, have a good day.

TEAMWORDMARK_AWAY_BaseTextureScaleAndOffset.82e4a2a3025dd322.animation that is from old 2k, from the .iff that ernel use..

heres a simple explanation on how to work with the scne, it is applicable to all type of .scne, including arenas, basket. etc.. most inputs are interchangeable as long as it follows the correct Target flow.
rtomb_03
(INACTIVE)

Postby ernel2014 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:37 am

Could this work for team colors, like for example theteam color apears behind the bonus txt word.
ernel2014

Postby ernel2014 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:39 am

The knicks scoreboard I did is a perfect example. I had the text word for bonus appear but the case color was offset to yellow. I would like to use a texture for the bonus but then have the team color apear as well when the team gets in the bonus for the knicks scorrebug.
ernel2014

Postby rtomb_03 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:49 am

ernel2014 wrote:Could this work for team colors, like for example theteam color apears behind the bonus txt word.

this works on everything inside the scne.. on what is behind or above the the team color, it depends on the “Effect” and Material “Technique”, this is complicated thing to explain but you can try different “Effect” and “Technique” on your Bonus background model, by default it is yellow.. you can copy the parameters of default scne for bonus model
rtomb_03
(INACTIVE)

Postby ernel2014 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:39 am

Mind is offically blown :bowdown: :100: So essentially I have to use the team color model for the bonus then aply the effect for bonus on that model, it should work, I hope. If you get time could you try this please. I only need to see it once then I'll take care of the rest.
ernel2014

Postby rtomb_03 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:18 am

ernel2014 wrote:Mind is offically blown :bowdown: :100: So essentially I have to use the team color model for the bonus then aply the effect for bonus on that model, it should work, I hope. If you get time could you try this please. I only need to see it once then I'll take care of the rest.

you cant use the secondary color model, the mapping cant be edited. why just use the bonus model.. there is the hierarchy or levels on model whichever on top and bottom, as you can see the "Child" "Parent & "Siblings" number on the model.
rtomb_03
(INACTIVE)

Postby Manni Live on Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:44 am

This is fantastic work! Great job :applaud:

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby noname1 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:22 am

Thank you guys for making my request happens! Top class work! :bowdown: :applaud:
noname1

Postby ernel2014 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:29 am

Ok, i think i figured it out but the color for the bonus never changes even though even chnagesd the effect for the bponus to match the team color effect for both home and away as well as having the bonus target the teamcolor for teamcolor_primary_home and teamcolor_primary_away
ernel2014

Postby ernel2014 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:29 am

Ok, i think i figured it out but the color for the bonus background never changes even though I've changed the effect for the bonus to match the team color effect for both home and away as well as having the bonus target the teamcolor for teamcolor_primary_home and teamcolor_primary_away

What the hell am I doing wrong
ernel2014

Postby ernel2014 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:02 am

Made some chnages but still the same results
ernel2014

Postby ernel2014 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:04 am

I can get the .tga to appear for the teamcolor but the actual team color is still not applied even after removing the diffusecolor from the bonus within the scene. It will then just be straight white.
ernel2014

Postby rtomb_03 on Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:10 am

ernel2014 wrote:Ok, i think i figured it out but the color for the bonus never changes even though even chnagesd the effect for the bponus to match the team color effect for both home and away as well as having the bonus target the teamcolor for teamcolor_primary_home and teamcolor_primary_away
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

sorry I can't see the images, can you reupload on imgur. imgbb is not working on my place.. I don't think you can use same Team Color for bonus background, cuz you can't use same Material with different animation, esp. with Team Color.. It is possible to apply the animation in Model, but its too complicated..

resized scoreboard with Secondary color, & correct animation (primary color behind the logo)
rtomb_03
(INACTIVE)

Postby Doctor Kicks on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:54 pm

rtomb_03 wrote:
ernel2014 wrote:Ok, i think i figured it out but the color for the bonus never changes even though even chnagesd the effect for the bponus to match the team color effect for both home and away as well as having the bonus target the teamcolor for teamcolor_primary_home and teamcolor_primary_away
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

sorry I can't see the images, can you reupload on imgur. imgbb is not working on my place.. I don't think you can use same Team Color for bonus background, cuz you can't use same Material with different animation, esp. with Team Color.. It is possible to apply the animation in Model, but its too complicated..

resized scoreboard with Secondary color, & correct animation (primary color behind the logo)
[ Image ]

Great mod guys! I just wanna ask, is the foul/stats not showing? I tried it out. Whenever a foul is called, the foul stat is not showing
You like my work? , Please consider leaving a tip! :wink:

https://paypal.me/DoctorKicks21?locale.x=en_US

Gcash 09171166213

Don't forget to follow me on my FB Page and Instagram

Doctor Kicks

Postby noname1 on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:45 pm

+1 here - also noticed the foul/stats box is not showing.

rtomb_03 wrote:resized scoreboard with Secondary color, & correct animation (primary color behind the logo)
[ Image ]

Just wanted to point out scoreboard size, but you guys already took care of that.

Also, is there a way to make logo transition when the score is changing sliding all the way from top to bottom (like in real broadcast shown here on this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvR6Zh8LVK8),
as well to lower font size for "ST", "ND", "RD", "TH" (depending of the game quarter), to also match real experience?
noname1

Postby monja on Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:38 am

Great work fellas! love the collaborative effort here. There haven't been a lot of scoreboard updates for this year but reading through this thread just opens my eyes to how difficult this actually is.

also in the spirit of collaboration, I've noticed that in the references there is a slight transparency to the scoreboard. I did a quick texture edit and imported it into the game, here's how it's looking.

PS dont mind the colors looking washed, its just a reshade that im running.

I've attached the dds file in case any of you want to test it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Consider supporting my work by donating here:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/mnjpata ... le.x=en_US
monja

Postby ernel2014 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 am

rtomb_03 wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

rtomb can you kindly post the revisied version so that I may add the foul box please with your corrected version.
ernel2014

Next

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding