NBA 2k23 PC to be Last-Gen for 3rd year in a row...

Talk about NBA 2K23 here.

NBA 2k23 PC to be Last-Gen for 3rd year in a row...

Postby Dmayne on Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:12 am

IGN confirms: https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments ... /?sort=new

What else can we do or say? Let's vent our frustrations anyway:

-At this point it feels like PC won't get "Next-Gen" version until "Next-Next-Gen" version comes out for the current consoles.

-2k gave us a warning back in January when they released "last-gen" wwe 2k22 on PC after over 2 years of development. It's not about time and resources, it about exclusive money from console companies.
viewtopic.php?f=271&t=113524&p=2058743&hilit=wwe+2k23#p2058743

-Hey 2k, I hope you enjoy those exclusive checks that microsoft and playstation gave you... I assume your basketball game will help sell more "next-gen" consoles for them.
Thank you so much for being a great company instead of greedy scumbags...

-Seriously, 2k had me exitced for 2k23, was looking forward to paying full price and doing the Jordan challenges again... But that only lasted one day. Will I buy 2k23 for PC 6 months from now? Probably, but not paying full price...

-Over the next few years whenever 2k is mentioned around me I'm going to let everyone know how greedy and scummy 2k sports is. Microtransactions and exclusive checks is all that matters to them, it obvious.
Dmayne

Re: NBA 2k23 PC to be Last-Gen for 3rd year in a row...

Postby miki_92 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:14 am

scrolling thru my posts I found this...

anyway, if you payin any money for 2K19 reskin with updated rosters I don't feel bad for you, keep getting ripped off by those greedy scums
miki_92

Postby Manni Live on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:13 am

What a joke of a company. They clearly dont give a damn about the PC users (N)

At this point we might not get next gen on PC until the PS4 and Xbox versions are completely phased out

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:00 pm

At this point I was prepared for that to be the case, so I'm not surprised. Still a disappointing state of affairs, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sonsongodjesusloverjr on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Manni Live wrote:What a joke of a company. They clearly dont give a damn about the PC users (N)

At this point we might not get next gen on PC until the PS4 and Xbox versions are completely phased out

From 2k14 up until 2k18 they had PS3 version, and stopped at 2k19, if the pattern is followed correctly (could be proven wrong because 2K has been inconsistent with patterns) its hould go from 2k21 to 2k25, so we would have to probably wait for 2k26 to get next gen on PC :(
sonsongodjesusloverjr

Postby fasz on Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:26 pm

I'm trully saddened by this news... i had hopes... hopes that for one time 2K will at least respect us...

We don't get certain mod that current gen has ( myplayer nation), we don't get fixes that current gen has (custom jersey on 3v3 proam still bugged... we're in july, it bugged in september), we don't get any anticheat since the beginning of history of 2K on PC... we get no love at all and we don't even know why... they could at least tell us something... They even had news for the switch version prior years... But they didn't say nothing at all since the first year 2K got on PC...

And we're still buying this game because we don't have any other ways...
fasz

Postby goma76 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:29 pm

What a disappointment, I really thought they would release next gen versions for PC. I'm worried too, we have to wait until that obsolete consolle will be out from the market definitely to have the same version of PS5 :cry:
goma76

Postby Pep on Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:02 pm

BTW I heard rumors that EA gonna do the same thing with FIFA (Madden is already confirmed to be old/current-gen), so screw both companies.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby jmmontoro on Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:09 am

I know a lot of people want to see prettier graphics but me I'm just content with them putting some sort of effort into stopping the hackfest that is PC.
jmmontoro

Postby bongo88 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:50 am

PC old gen officially confirmed source: https://nba.2k.com/2k23/faq/

Q: Are there any plans to bring the next generation of NBA 2K titles to PC and Nintendo Switch in the future?

A: This is something the team is passionate about and will continue to investigate what is possible for the franchise in the future.
For now, the focus was on assuring NBA 2K23 was optimized for the new consoles (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S), while also making sure the experience remains fresh and innovative for players on other platforms.

Madden PC is old gen as well ( the nextgen new passing mechanic looked neat, oh well) .... 2k is as bad as EA .... guess they have exclusive deals to sell more consoles.

Oh well, another pass for me. Hopefully it has a balanced gameplay and a few bugs worked out. 2k23 could be an end of cycle gem like 2k14... or could be a complete copy/paste... low effort game.
Last edited by bongo88 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Postby aholbert32 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:38 am

bongo88 wrote:PC old gen officially confirmed source: https://nba.2k.com/2k23/faq/

Q: Are there any plans to bring the next generation of NBA 2K titles to PC and Nintendo Switch in the future?

A: This is something the team is passionate about and will continue to investigate what is possible for the franchise in the future.
For now, the focus was on assuring NBA 2K23 was optimized for the new consoles (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S), while also making sure the experience remains fresh and innovative for players on other platforms.

Madden PC is old gen as well ( the nextgen new passing mechanic looked neat, oh well) .... 2k is as bad as EA .... guess they have exclusive deals to sell more consoles.

Oh well, another pass for me. Hopefully it has a balanced gameplay and a few bugs worked out. 2k23 be an end of cycle gem like 2k14... or could be a complete copy/paste... low effort game.

FIFA 23 PC is heavily rumored to be next gen so EA seems to be evolving faster than 2k.
aholbert32

Postby Dmayne on Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:56 am

bongo88 wrote:PC old gen officially confirmed source: https://nba.2k.com/2k23/faq/

Oh well, another pass for me. Hopefully it has a balanced gameplay and a few bugs worked out. 2k23 could be an end of cycle gem like 2k14... or could be a complete copy/paste... low effort game.

So the answer the PC community gets?
"will continue to investigate what is possible"

2k creates the game on PC and then wonders if it's possible for PC's to run the game?
Thank you 2k for "answering the question" and thank you for taking 3 years to optimize your game (that was made on PC) for the "new consoles"...

Well, since 2k is assured the game is now optimized for the "next-gen consoles"... No excuses left now, next-gen PC NBA 2k24 confirmed?
Dmayne

Postby croxxover on Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:35 am

thank you 2k..... :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:
croxxover

Postby bellza on Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 am

They are shameless. Expect this exact copy and paste to be rolled out again this time next year.

A horrible company. They care about nothing except money. The rise of VC ruined any fun I once had with the game. No coincidence. They won't get another penny from me.

At this point I'm convinced it's purely out of spite because the modders make the game 100x more fun than the people they employ are ever able to.
bellza

Postby bongo88 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:53 am

bellza wrote:[ Image ]

[ Image ]

They are shameless. Expect this exact copy and paste to be rolled out again this time next year.

A horrible company. They care about nothing except money. The rise of VC ruined any fun I once had with the game. No coincidence. They won't get another penny from me.

At this point I'm convinced it's purely out of spite because the modders make the game 100x more fun than the people they employ are ever able to.

Haha. that is great :)

Somebody should post that to the nba2k reddit / pcgaming / whatever else i casually browse every once in a while.

internet archived the webpages.... :) :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20220707233 ... /2k22/faq/
https://web.archive.org/web/20220707233 ... /2k23/faq/

the boardroom meme just writes itself :) :) hahhahahaha

https://ibb.co/mbJhNxm:

y'all should post this stuff to reddit/twitter, facebook.... lol... i don't do social media.
bongo88

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:26 pm

The nagging concern that I have with the PC version remaining a PS4/X1 port is long term rather than short term. I have NBA 2K21 and NBA 2K22 on PlayStation 5, and in my view, the PC isn't missing out on much by not getting them. That's not to say there isn't stuff in the Next/New Gen version that would be great to have on PC - MyNBA for example - but both games left me rather unimpressed on the whole. Both are full of legacy issues that mean they aren't much better than the PC/PS4/X1 version, if at all. Short term, it's not like the PC is missing out on some transcendent virtual basketball experience.

Long term however, the PC remaining a PS4/X1 port is concerning. Obviously the PS5/XSX version may well improve in several areas (microtransactions obviously not being one of them), and it'd be a shame to miss out on those much better games. More to the point though, there's an assumption that we'll have to wait for the PS4 and X1 to be phased out before the PS5/XSX version comes to PC. My admittedly more pessimistic concern is that once that happens, a PC release simply disappears along with support for the previous console generation.

It's the worst case scenario, but it's not unfeasible. The PC version has a smaller userbase compared to both PlayStation and Xbox versions, and is already basically the lowest priority (or at least on par with the Switch in that regard). Ditching it when the PS4/X1 releases cease, whether that's next year or perhaps the year after, is something that could happen. Getting a PS5/XSX port ahead of that time not only ensures that the PC is on track to have same version that's the top priority, but that it'll continue to receive the game, period.

That's my concern; not that the PC is going to have to wait, not that it's already missing out on some of the best NBA 2Ks ever made, but that it could be on track to be phased out along with the PS4 and X1.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby goma76 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:45 pm

Andrew wrote:The nagging concern that I have with the PC version remaining a PS4/X1 port is long term rather than short term. I have NBA 2K21 and NBA 2K22 on PlayStation 5, and in my view, the PC isn't missing out on much by not getting them. That's not to say there isn't stuff in the Next/New Gen version that would be great to have on PC - MyNBA for example - but both games left me rather unimpressed on the whole. Both are full of legacy issues that mean they aren't much better than the PC/PS4/X1 version, if at all. Short term, it's not like the PC is missing out on some transcendent virtual basketball experience.

Long term however, the PC remaining a PS4/X1 port is concerning. Obviously the PS5/XSX version may well improve in several areas (microtransactions obviously not being one of them), and it'd be a shame to miss out on those much better games. More to the point though, there's an assumption that we'll have to wait for the PS4 and X1 to be phased out before the PS5/XSX version comes to PC. My admittedly more pessimistic concern is that once that happens, a PC release simply disappears along with support for the previous console generation.

It's the worst case scenario, but it's not unfeasible. The PC version has a smaller userbase compared to both PlayStation and Xbox versions, and is already basically the lowest priority (or at least on par with the Switch in that regard). Ditching it when the PS4/X1 releases cease, whether that's next year or perhaps the year after, is something that could happen. Getting a PS5/XSX port ahead of that time not only ensures that the PC is on track to have same version that's the top priority, but that it'll continue to receive the game, period.

That's my concern; not that the PC is going to have to wait, not that it's already missing out on some of the best NBA 2Ks ever made, but that it could be on track to be phased out along with the PS4 and X1.

I hope they continue to support the PC version even the old console will be out of market. But what about the Switch? That consolle still remains and it’ll be capable to run the next gen of the game? In your opinion they could cut also the game for Nintendo’s users?
Coming back to actual game ,in term of pure gameplay the versions of the game are not so far, do you confirm? What are the most important difference that you would say the next gen in better?
goma76

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:32 pm

The Switch version is the same as the PS4/X1 version, so it'll likely get phased out at the same time as those consoles, if not earlier. It's not as powerful as the PS5 or XSX, so it won't be getting the Next Gen version.

To me, the PS5/XSX version's gameplay isn't markedly better than PS4/X1. For a generation that was "built from the ground up", it's riddled with legacy issues that go as far back as the PS3/360 generation games (and their PC ports), and wasn't really an impressive jump in my view. It's got a couple of ideas that arguably make it worse, such as the alley-oop and contact dunk meters. Player movement is perhaps slightly smoother and more responsive on the sticks in Next Gen, but for the most part, the gameplay is pretty similar to Current Gen.

That's not to say it's universally unenjoyable, but I personally didn't care much for either version of both NBA 2K21 and NBA 2K22. These past few months, I've been playing through MyCAREER in NBA 2K14 PS4 on my PS5, which I'd say speaks volumes. I'll admit that I'm feeling some heavy 2K fatigue, especially with the grinding in MyCAREER and MyTEAM. I'd stick with MyLEAGUE or MyNBA, but as I didn't enjoy the gameplay either, I went back to a game I liked much better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jacssalas on Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:07 pm

jmmontoro wrote:I know a lot of people want to see prettier graphics but me I'm just content with them putting some sort of effort into stopping the hackfest that is PC.

Isn't it literally their job to prevent any hacking in their system by providing some kind of better software security tho? "Putting some sort of effort into stopping the hackfest that is PC" by avoiding to do any kind of effort at all instead. Lol
jacssalas

Postby itscomingtorome2020 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:07 pm

sonsongodjesusloverjr wrote:
Manni Live wrote:What a joke of a company. They clearly dont give a damn about the PC users (N)

From 2k14 up until 2k18 they had PS3 version, and stopped at 2k19, if the pattern is followed correctly (could be proven wrong because 2K has been inconsistent with patterns) its hould go from 2k21 to 2k25, so we would have to probably wait for 2k26 to get next gen on PC :(

The main difference is that PC was already next-gen by 2k14, it was only last-gen fore 1 year
itscomingtorome2020

Postby Issy on Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Please don't buy the game guys.
Issy

Postby Pep on Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:10 pm

To be fair there is no much differences between PS4/XOne and PS5/XSX which define that we can't have next-gen on PC.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby Lagoa on Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:01 am

Andrew wrote:The nagging concern that I have with the PC version remaining a PS4/X1 port is long term rather than short term. I have NBA 2K21 and NBA 2K22 on PlayStation 5, and in my view, the PC isn't missing out on much by not getting them. That's not to say there isn't stuff in the Next/New Gen version that would be great to have on PC - MyNBA for example - but both games left me rather unimpressed on the whole. Both are full of legacy issues that mean they aren't much better than the PC/PS4/X1 version, if at all. Short term, it's not like the PC is missing out on some transcendent virtual basketball experience.

100% agree!!!

I'm a little away from here. I have Xbox Series X and 2K21 and 2K22. Really the next gen experience is poor and frustrating.

Okay, the graphics part has improvements, but they are small close to potential. 2K really managed to destroy the franchise with their ambition.

I will definitely not buy 2K23 at launch. 2K22 was the least played game since NBA 2K8, when I started in the franchise.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:28 am

jacssalas wrote:
jmmontoro wrote:I know a lot of people want to see prettier graphics but me I'm just content with them putting some sort of effort into stopping the hackfest that is PC.

Isn't it literally their job to prevent any hacking in their system by providing some kind of better software security tho? "Putting some sort of effort into stopping the hackfest that is PC" by avoiding to do any kind of effort at all instead. Lol

It is their job, that's my point, the PC sales are not good and the playerbase is worse because the PC experience has no anticheat.
jmmontoro

Postby Hadley88 on Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:59 am

Take Two has never given a flying fuck about the PC Version. Just look at the Steam-Reviews in the last 5 Years. They never did anything but release a barely playable Game on PC.

They know they make 99% of their Casino-Simulator Profit on Consoles.

2K18 was the last PC Version I bought.

And funny thing is: Because they give a flying fuck about the PC Version less and less people are buying it and therefore give TakeTwo an excuse to put even less effort into the PC Version.

At this point they shouldn't even bother with a PC Version. Its basically 2K18 with a new Database.
Hadley88

Next

Return to NBA 2K23