NBA 2K23 Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K23 here.

Re: NBA 2K23 Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:47 am

Yep, had the same experience. Kyiv is spelled wrong. CS essentially says "go to social media and hope you get attention of some dev".
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby IlCapitano on Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:18 am

Just a question for PC current gen - does start today feature work fine or is it bugged like last year?

Thanks in advance
IlCapitano

Postby CHICAGORILLA22 on Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:11 am

Anyone else have stuttering/fps drops at the shotclock at the end of each quarter? It doesn't happen on the vanilla game only when mods enabled.
CHICAGORILLA22

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:17 am

Mods can cause performance issues, yes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby tobay2k on Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:43 am

CHICAGORILLA22 wrote:Anyone else have stuttering/fps drops at the shotclock at the end of each quarter? It doesn't happen on the vanilla game only when mods enabled.

Can confirm the same. Has been like these on all the recent 2Ks with mods too unfortunately. Back in the days I thought it was occuring due to my old PC's power but it isn't related to your specs unfortunately. Defo weird that it only happens on the end of each quarter.
tobay2k

Postby atlwarrior on Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:08 am

Every time I play a top tier team like the Bucks on Default HOF PS5. 4th quarters are the worst. I hit greens on back to back plays where I had to work for an open 3. Then I try to dunk with Looney with Giannis back completely turns and he blocks it. I recover on defense and stop the fastbreak and force the ball out of bounds. They quickly inbound to Jrue Holiday he knocks down the 3. My defender was stuck behind Lopez lol.I go back on the other end Jrue steals the ball from Steph. They pass the ball to Middleton, he knocks it down of course with Klay in front of him. They forced OT :roll: . Then I won in OT 125-122 but it shouldn’t have gotten to OT. 2k was just being 2k.

Edit: I forgot I had to manually put Steph back into the game twice. Once 2 mins left in the 4th and the beginning of OT. I like this game but at this point they are not even trying to hide the cheating. Not to mention Steph had 3 clean looks from 3. I hit 15 with the team but Steph (the best off ball player in the nba can’t get an open look :D ) only hit 2/7 despite scoring 40 points.
atlwarrior

Postby Scratchmen on Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 am

Hi guys! I don't know what happened, but since days I can't reach other user created draft classes. I can only choose between random generated or historically draft classes. Somebody has similar problem?
Scratchmen

Postby SmokeMJ on Tue May 23, 2023 8:35 pm

Scratchmen wrote:Hi guys! I don't know what happened, but since days I can't reach other user created draft classes. I can only choose between random generated or historically draft classes. Somebody has similar problem?

Hi, I have same problem and I dont know how to fix it :cry:
SmokeMJ

Postby Scratchmen on Wed May 24, 2023 5:05 am

SmokeMJ wrote:Hi, I have same problem and I dont know how to fix it :cry:

I think it's because the new patch :( Are you using NBA2K_Hook too?
Scratchmen

Postby SmokeMJ on Wed May 24, 2023 5:19 pm

Scratchmen wrote:
SmokeMJ wrote:Hi, I have same problem and I dont know how to fix it :cry:

I think it's because the new patch :( Are you using NBA2K_Hook too?

Yes, and even if I choose "Do not initialize" option when I start - this is not help
SmokeMJ

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2023 1:47 pm

Just a heads up, this topic is meant for bug reports for the vanilla game, because that's stuff we can report to 2K to hopefully fix (as well as being a reference for anyone having an issue that's caused by a bug/flaw in the game itself). Any issues with mods or modding tools should be in a separate topic, or in the original release/support topic in the modding section.

With that being said, the official patches quite often interfere with the hook and other modding tools, necessitating a new version of them. I'm sure Looyh will be on that as soon as he's possibly able.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Scratchmen on Fri May 26, 2023 3:13 am

Andrew wrote:Just a heads up, this topic is meant for bug reports for the vanilla game, because that's stuff we can report to 2K to hopefully fix (as well as being a reference for anyone having an issue that's caused by a bug/flaw in the game itself). Any issues with mods or modding tools should be in a separate topic, or in the original release/support topic in the modding section.

With that being said, the official patches quite often interfere with the hook and other modding tools, necessitating a new version of them. I'm sure Looyh will be on that as soon as he's possibly able.

The bug is still there after I deleted every NBA2K_Hook files from my directory. So I think it's not mod related.

Edit: I reinstalled the whole game and nothing changed :(
Scratchmen

Postby dante24 on Fri May 26, 2023 4:58 am

Bug : Game doesn't launch from exe or steam (No mods installed)

Game Mode Experienced In: N/A

Can you reproduce it? How?: Pressing play in steam/steam big picture or running exe file directly

Video/Picture of Bug :N/A
dante24

Postby Andrew on Fri May 26, 2023 11:31 am

Scratchmen wrote:
Andrew wrote:Just a heads up, this topic is meant for bug reports for the vanilla game, because that's stuff we can report to 2K to hopefully fix (as well as being a reference for anyone having an issue that's caused by a bug/flaw in the game itself). Any issues with mods or modding tools should be in a separate topic, or in the original release/support topic in the modding section.

The bug is still there after I deleted every NBA2K_Hook files from my directory. So I think it's not mod related.

Edit: I reinstalled the whole game and nothing changed :(

It's still modding-related, as it involves the Hook tool. That's troubleshooting for the Hook topic over in the modding section.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri May 26, 2023 11:34 am

dante24 wrote:Bug : Game doesn't launch from exe or steam (No mods installed)

Game Mode Experienced In: N/A

Can you reproduce it? How?: Pressing play in steam/steam big picture or running exe file directly

Video/Picture of Bug :N/A

Any other info you can provide about the situation? Any error messages or recent changes might provide a clue as to what's happening.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Scratchmen on Fri May 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Andrew wrote:It's still modding-related, as it involves the Hook tool. That's troubleshooting for the Hook topic over in the modding section.

Due respect, but how can it be a mod related bug, if I reinstalled the whole game and the bug is still there? After the installation I didn't put any modded file to the main library. There is just the pure vanilla game.
Scratchmen

Postby Andrew on Sat May 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Scratchmen wrote:
Andrew wrote:It's still modding-related, as it involves the Hook tool. That's troubleshooting for the Hook topic over in the modding section.

Due respect, but how can it be a mod related bug, if I reinstalled the whole game and the bug is still there? After the installation I didn't put any modded file to the main library. There is just the pure vanilla game.

Fair question. It's mod-related because it happened after using a modding tool, pointing to it being the cause. That's different from a bug in the game, which would consistently affect everyone's installation (or could be reliably reproduced if there are very specific circumstances). Since the problems began after using the Hook, and don't occur in an installation that's never been modded (I can confirm that with mine), it's not a bug in the game itself.

That's why issues like this should really be posted in the Hook support topic, or a new topic, rather than this one that's just intended for bug reports. There's already some general troubleshooting info for the Hook in its release/support topic, which is also why I was pointing in that direction. However, I don't want to be the admin that just says "don't post that here" without actually ever trying to be helpful at the same time, so since we're here now, let's see what can be figured out!

Here's what I'd suggest as far as troubleshooting:

Since simply reinstalling the game didn't fix the problem, there are a couple of possibilities. There may be leftover files from the Hook somewhere, like a DLL file. If not, an in-game update may not have been downloaded, or has been corrupted. To that point, the sync.bin file might be corrupted as the result of the Hook and its associated crashes, in which case it can be safely deleted and the game will re-create it and re-download the updated data as necessary the next time it's booted up.

You can find the sync.bin file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(Your Steam AccountID)\1919590\local. Renaming it to something like sync.bak or oldsync.bin will also force the game to re-create and re-download it, just in case you're uneasy about deleting it outright. Alternatively, you can of course copy it to another folder to keep a backup.

You could also take it a step further by backing up all of your NBA 2K23 data folders and then deleting/renaming them, and verifying the game files or uninstalling/reinstalling fresh again (try verifying first, then go for the clean installation). Basically, there's a conflict somewhere with files that are still there even after reinstalling and not adding the Hook or any mods, so it's a matter of tracking them down. Hopefully it's just the game update data files, because those can be removed and re-downloaded without any loss of personal data.

Apart from that, make sure you comb through the NBA 2K23 installation folder thoroughly to make sure there aren't any leftover files for the Hook or anything else. Reinstalling and/or verifying the game files will probably have cleared them out already, but it doesn't hurt to check just in case. Again, it's about tracking down the problematic files that weren't resolved by reinstalling, so probably start with sync.bin. Just be aware that the game will have to download all of the updates again the next time you boot it up, which might take a little bit of time. Hopefully that's all it'll be though, and it'll be working as normal after that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K23