NBA 2K23 PC Fails to load the MyPlayer and Crashes

Talk about NBA 2K23 here.

NBA 2K23 PC Fails to load the MyPlayer and Crashes

Postby iiTzCentury on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:50 pm

Hey guys, I've been trying to contact the 2K Support with my issue but it's been worthless, thought I could reach out to the real pros. So the thing is, I was playing the MyCareer game and my internet disconnected, ultimately leading to the "Failed to connect to 2K Sports Servers" kind of pop-up, after I pressed A, my game crashed to the desktop. Ever since then, whenever I choose this particular MyPlayer that I've got crashed, my game starts loading, but fails and crashes in the same manner as it crashed during that MyCareer game.

I've tried verifying the integrity of game files, forcing the download of the alternative save files from the Steam Cloud, but nothing helped. 2K Support is probably going to reply on Christmas but since I invested so much time and money into MyPlayer, I can't afford to wait anymore.

I'd be very thankful to anyone who has good tips and I'll owe you.
iiTzCentury

Re: NBA 2K23 PC Fails to load the MyPlayer and Crashes

Postby iiTzCentury on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Or maybe anyone knows how to properly open the MyCareer save file? I kinda believe I could fix it by changing a few values, like skipping the career game that I'm actually in right now.
iiTzCentury

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:00 am

I don't think we've ever been able to open MyCAREER save files since NBA 2K14; any manipulation has been done with trainers/cheat engine when a save is loaded in-game, which obviously isn't an option in this case.

Unfortunately, 2K Support might be the only ones who can help you recover that. They're a hassle to deal with at the best of times as you clearly know, but I imagine there's an even bigger backlog given their recent security breach that they're trying to sort out. At the very least they might be able to comp you the VC if the save can't be recovered; I'd definitely be pushing for that if they can't do anything else.

The only other thing I can think of would be starting a new MyCAREER save, just getting through to the point where you can save and quit; partly to see if a new save still works, but mainly to see if it'll update your MyPLAYER account via your Steam profile and repair the original save when it's syncing with the cloud. It's a long shot, but it's the only thing I can think of that might kick the game into sorting out your saved data and online progress.

Apart from that, it looks like you've exhausted the usual solutions that can be attempted from the user's end (manually restoring from Steam cloud saves, reinstalling the game, etc), so if creating a new save doesn't kick things into action again, there's probably not much else you can do until you hear back from 2K Support.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby iiTzCentury on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:12 am

Andrew wrote:I don't think we've ever been able to open MyCAREER save files since NBA 2K14; any manipulation has been done with trainers/cheat engine when a save is loaded in-game, which obviously isn't an option in this case.

Unfortunately, 2K Support might be the only ones who can help you recover that. They're a hassle to deal with at the best of times as you clearly know, but I imagine there's an even bigger backlog given their recent security breach that they're trying to sort out. At the very least they might be able to comp you the VC if the save can't be recovered; I'd definitely be pushing for that if they can't do anything else.

The only other thing I can think of would be starting a new MyCAREER save, just getting through to the point where you can save and quit; partly to see if a new save still works, but mainly to see if it'll update your MyPLAYER account via your Steam profile and repair the original save when it's syncing with the cloud. It's a long shot, but it's the only thing I can think of that might kick the game into sorting out your saved data and online progress.

Apart from that, it looks like you've exhausted the usual solutions that can be attempted from the user's end (manually restoring from Steam cloud saves, reinstalling the game, etc), so if creating a new save doesn't kick things into action again, there's probably not much else you can do until you hear back from 2K Support.

I really appreciate the time you've spent replying. Initially, that's what I thought, posting a topic here was just a move of the last hope. I'm accepting the fact that 2K Support is never going to reply to me and am about to make a new build to just move on.
iiTzCentury

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:10 pm

Hopefully they do get back to you at some point, when they're past their current state of disarray. As I said, they should at least comp you some VC (if not all of it) to go towards that new build. I'd hold onto that save just in case, but I admire the resolve to start over. If I lost my MyPLAYER that I've upgraded with the pre-order VC, I'd probably call it quits on the mode for the year!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K23