Can't connect to 2K server, error code 4b538e50 (Steam)

Talk about NBA 2K23 here.

Can't connect to 2K server, error code 4b538e50 (Steam)

Postby A_Jm93 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:01 am

My game's been working just fine.

However, after it was mentioned that 2K were cracking down on some modding tools, I opened the Roster Editor and my game crashed. Then my game was considered missing, despite all the files still being in place. Kept coming up on Steam as a "disk write error". I restarted and my game loaded up just fine, all my saves, no problems. Only thing is, now I can't connect at all. Every time I try, I keep getting hit with the same error notice. I've tried just about every option, except for restarting my router. Any suggestions? I only use the game for MyLeague really.
A_Jm93

Re: Can't connect to 2K server, error code 4b538e50 (Steam)

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:58 pm

Have you verified the files through Steam? There could be a corruption that's causing a connection error with the server. If so, verifying should fix that up without needing to completely reinstall the game. If all else fails though, you can also try reinstalling.

It looks like that error is also happening when there's an issue with the latest data update (the in-game updates that prompt you to return to the main menu with that popup you still can't snooze), so if that doesn't work, it might resolve itself once the next data update comes through, which will probably be within 24 hours.

If you've got any mods still left over in the game folder, try removing them temporarily until the game can connect to the server again and sort out any pending data updates.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby A_Jm93 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:36 am

Andrew wrote:Have you verified the files through Steam? There could be a corruption that's causing a connection error with the server. If so, verifying should fix that up without needing to completely reinstall the game. If all else fails though, you can also try reinstalling.

It looks like that error is also happening when there's an issue with the latest data update (the in-game updates that prompt you to return to the main menu with that popup you still can't snooze), so if that doesn't work, it might resolve itself once the next data update comes through, which will probably be within 24 hours.

If you've got any mods still left over in the game folder, try removing them temporarily until the game can connect to the server again and sort out any pending data updates.

Appreciate it mate, I've done everything except for reinstalling the game basically. There's a data update downloading now, so fingers crossed that'll solve things. If not, it'll be re-install.
A_Jm93

Postby A_Jm93 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:59 am

A_Jm93 wrote:
Andrew wrote:Have you verified the files through Steam? There could be a corruption that's causing a connection error with the server. If so, verifying should fix that up without needing to completely reinstall the game. If all else fails though, you can also try reinstalling.

Appreciate it mate, I've done everything except for reinstalling the game basically. There's a data update downloading now, so fingers crossed that'll solve things. If not, it'll be re-install.

Well unfortunately everything has failed. Even after the reinstalling. 2K have been slow and unhelpful, literally only had this happen on this game and it all happened after my game crashed cause I started up Roster editor.
(SCRATCH THAT, It's working again thankfully, it was a firewall issue of all things.)
A_Jm93

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:19 am

A_Jm93 wrote:on Steam as a "disk write error"

have you check your hard drive where 2K23 is installed ? this error is weird
sticky-fingers

Return to NBA 2K23