NBA 2K24 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

NBA 2K24 Wishlist

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:20 pm

NBA 2K24 Wishlist

Here is our official NBA 2K24 Wishlist topic! This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make future NBA 2K games better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K24 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K23, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K23 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback in an organised list, which will also contain a "Top Wishes" section based on general consensus.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K23 by Andrew on Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:04 am.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K24 Wishlist

Postby Mahmood on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:27 pm

Mahmood's Wishlist

1.) Give us the PS5 / XBX version. Probably the most common one.

2.) Improve the Expansion section of MyNBA, actually upgrade the Arenas to Next-Gen's lighting and include more options. Allow us to place freeform images on courts, have custom stanchions, and control LED dornas at the top of stadiums. Jerseys shouldn't come out so low-res either, imo. Try to iterate on the Jersey creator a bit more and ensure it comes out high-res as it should.

3.) Revamp the Create A Player system. We've had the same CAP creations since 2K18 and there is no end in sight. Allow us to upload face pictures, paint onto our hair, choose Created bodytypes, give our CAPs more emotion, a new player sculpt system like the older games, Re-do the hairs to be higher-resolution.

4.) Institute a remodel of the current player model similar to what happened in NBA 2K18. While 18 wasn't a great game, the player models improved significantly. If 2K could iterate on them again with realistic bodytypes and movement, that combined with the next-gen locomotion could make the game look and feel miles better.

5.) Add a real-life broadcasting network to the game. 2K has had TNT's commentators and Inside the NBA members contracted for a long time now, but there's been no movement toward a licensing situation after plenty of years.

6.) Improve the crowd reactions. The developers have taken huge leaps with how the crowd looks along with the attire they wear, but crowd reactions are still lacking, along with how they sound. I think a new set of crowd noise sampled from real NBA arenas -- an update similar to the one they had in 2K17 -- would refresh the game as well.

7.) Piggybacking off of #6, please re-do the in-game SFX. The sounds have been the exact same for literal years now, with plenty of them still being from 2K17. When 2K does add new sounds, they are rather similar to the old subject material, just alternate variations.

8.) Add a few more features to MyLeague. Allow us to workout players before we sign them, actually let us host draft workouts, turn the "Freestyle" mode into a MyCareer-esque practice shootaround around a practice gym with the entire coaching staff and roster present (with it being possible to jump from player to player), Improve Social Media to where in-game clips are featured and improve the variety of messages to the season (The old NBA.com feature from the association was always cool to read through), implement Sign-And-Trades, and get rid of the non-injury requirement for trading (it's not a real rule), improve the contract negotiation sliders along with progression through multiple in-game years (FA's after a few years tend to be in the 78-79 range mid-regular season which isn't realistic)

9.) Actually re-factor how a player's speed works in gameplay. Too often players are given an abysmal speed rating to make up for the fact that they'd be insanely OP if it were accurate. Player speed should be an asset to them, but shouldn't have to be throttled because the system is unbalanced.

10.) Improve player emotion on the court with complaints to the referees, more evidence of bad blood between rivals like swatting the ball and talking trash after, let referees give technicals if somebody controlling a player decides to go overboard, etc.

11.) Revamp All-Star Weekend already. Give us an updated Dunk Contest, 3PT Contest, Skills Challenge, etc. It's always a disappointment when NBA All-Star rolls around and it's the same content from years ago. Please fix the Dunk contest grades and the like.

12.) Make all-star weekend accessible outside of MyLeague, maybe even an option in PlayNow. I miss being able to just plug random players into a contest to see who'd come out on top.

13.) MyNBA scenarios are a step in the right direction, but bring back the actual scenario mode that used to exist. Let us initialize a game in a certain quarter, at a certain time, with a certain team having possession. People could upload these challenges with their specified parameters and goals which would introduce a ton of creativity (similar to how Live 14 had their "Live Seasons" mode, one of the few highlights of that title)

14.) And last but not least, add dynamic aging for the MyNBA eras mode and MyNBA in general. I know people find it weird how players don't age through multiple eras, and this has been a complaint for a while. There's already some evidence of this given 2K's "Hairstyle" option now available in the CAP menu (with Chris Paul having a "young" preset in 2K23 currently), so if 2K decides to put in the work, they could easily make it that much more immersive. And given the amount of resources they have from both the league and their partners, they'd have a multitude of references to use.

In all, I feel 2K took a step forward with 2K23. I'm a fan of the gameplay and the introduction of Eras (thank god they actually did something to MyNBA). I feel that with the features I have included, the game could take yet another leap toward its massive potential.
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby Stray_Dog on Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:32 am

1. First allow us to upload images, logos, rosters from my computer, since we facing more and more log in issues every year. Because of one I refund my game 2k23,

2. Put more competition formats in the game like FIBA tournaments, Euroleague and some smaller national league competitions since you have huge number of gamers all around the world who want to play with their national league or national team.

3. Give us more creation options in arena creator and possibility to play MyLeague in smaller arenas and gyms.
Stray_Dog

Postby BPDHoplite on Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:11 am

Replace the MyCareer lead designers and producers is all I'm asking for

So much wasted resources on the city, trying to make the game a RPG with basketball coming second

The way the story this year was not only the worst they've ever done but it actually impeded your NBA games constantly is unacceptable

Getting an objective failed and having to repeat random regular season games like you've died in a level of Dark Souls is beyond bad

I currently have just been downgraded from a starter getting great stats to being perma stuck in a get 6 straight B teammate grades quest on game one because my player is awful and I get about 5 minutes a game meaning Ive had to repeat the same game vs the wizards five times because I get a C+ or B-

This year killed off half of their big creator community because MyCareer was so low quality

Grind even got buffed, VC prices rose, I'm 25 hours of just MyCareer grinding and I'm still a 71 OVR bum that isn't fun to play even offline let alone online and I've got a good build, upgrades are just too expensive

New badge system is just more grind, I need 5 badge points for brick wall bronze, rebound chaser and pogo stick instead of just 1

Game can be so fun with a good player but I'm not buying VC and have just given up

Earliest I've ever stopped playing a 2K game, disliked 22 and 21 but in those I was able to grind a 90+ OVR player relatively fast for free and even had multiple builds finishing with maybe 70 hours or so

Done with 23 in 25

At least it's motivated to return to modding lol
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:40 am

Give some love to the WNBA. There have been no improvements since its inclusion.
1) WNBA players sometimes are called "He". Fix the pronouns. Probably impossible to account for non binary players. The announcer that does this only is used on WNBA games.
2) Add a create a player (CAP) option for females.
3) (done this spring! :D ) Update the rosters in the spring since this is when the league starts. Add the new player cyberfaces. Make coaching changes. Make arena & uniform changes if needed. (new uniforms for 5 teams done, did not verify arenas)
4) Add multiple season mode, which the NBA already has. Include draft classes.

For the NBA.
1) For created players add a "none" option for nicknames. Use the player number if the name is not in the names database. Calling a player "ABC" is extremely annoying.
2) Ability to turn off some NBA rules such as three point shots. Needed for retro seasons.
3) Add more CAP options such as glasses(Mikan or Rambis), goggles and face masks (Rip Hamilton or for injuries).
4) Add more CAP hairstyle options. More colors such as gray. Retro styles such as crew cuts , sideburns and mullets.
5) Separate CAP beard, mustache and sideburns options. This way you can combine elements and colors.
6) Have Grant Hill pronounce 'pattern' correctly. It has 2 syllables, not 3. "I'm starting to see a patterin here"

1) Allow saving games while in Play Now. Can't always play a full game when real life intervenes. MyLeague already allows saves.
2) Some saves during MyLeague do not resume at the point in time the save was made. Goes back in time 2-10 seconds. Only works correctly after time outs.
3) Call 3 seconds on the CPU team. User gets called after 2.99 seconds. CPU gets called after 3 to 5 seconds.
4) Call 5 seconds on CPU inbounding plays. User gets 4.99 seconds. CPU gets 5-9 seconds.
5) On user inbounding plays on the sideline the camera does not focus on the player inbounding, instead the camera is on a player or the bench. This causes turnovers because you don't know that the referee handed the ball to the player. All you can do is blindly press the 'pass' button before the 5 seconds times out. This happens with broadcast cameras.
6) Allow a straight 'save' during MyLeague games. Not just a 'save and exit'. Since my PC, the game and/or Windows has occasional crashes.
Last edited by Bassman58 on Sun May 28, 2023 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bassman58

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:29 pm

I will be using the term "players" here with regards to the actual humans controlling the game, while "characters" with regards to NBA basketball players:
  1. Add a roster or MyLeague option that removes badges from all characters
  2. Give players an option to turn off the alley-oop meter
  3. Provide a Kobe Bryant challenge mode this year, similar to the Jordan challenge on 2K11 and 2K23
  4. Allow players to select which broadcast team is used during games, instead of being selected at random
  5. Allow era-specific presentation to be configurable on any game mode (Play Now/Season modes/single player MyTeam and MyCareer modes)
  6. On MyCareer, the VC earning system for NBA games is currently broken on PS4/XB1/NSW/PC. "Broken" in the sense that the STATS payout is identical to the TEAMMATE GRADE, while SALARY remains 0. Please fix this, VC is integral in improving character attributes.
  7. On MyTeam > Exhibitions, allow players to see the duration of the mission before confirming the characters to send out. Some missions take 1-4 days to complete, and there are time-based agendas on MyTeam that require that specific character to be used.

I also want to reiterate the suggestions of other users here, disregarding the defintion of "players" and "characters" I made earlier:
Bassman58 wrote:
  1. For created players add a "none" option for nicknames. Use the player number if the name is not in the names database. Calling a player "ABC" is extremely annoying.
  2. On user inbounding plays on the sideline the camera does not focus on the player inbounding, instead the camera is on a player or bench. This causes turnovers because you don't know that the referee handed the ball to the player. All you can do is blindly press the 'pass' button before the 5 seconds times out. This happens with broadcast cameras.

Mahmood wrote:
  1. Make all-star weekend accessible outside of MyLeague, maybe even an option in PlayNow. I miss being able to just plug random players into a contest to see who'd come out on top.
  2. Bring back the actual Scenario mode that used to exist. Let us initialize a game in a certain quarter, at a certain time, with a certain team having possession.
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

My YouTube channel | Pistons Association story - 2K11
JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Glad I played 2k23 today, as I suddenly remembered another item on my wishlist:

8. Please restore the large shot clock on the heads up display (or at least the on-court shot clock) during the final seconds of a quarter, as it helps us players correctly time the buzzer beater when in possession of the ball. This feature was available back in the PS3/XB360 games and older, so it would be much appreciated to put it back this year.
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby Raps in 4 on Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:41 am

Higher VC rewards for Rec and Park
Higher VC rewards for MyNBA games

hear me out @nba2k

it doesn't make sense that Rec and Park give less VC, and it makes me want to play MyCareer instead.

similar with MyNBA. I play MyTeam, but I enjoy MyNBA too. However, I fall behind in the MyTeam grind if I play MyNBA a lot. Higher VC rewards would mean, this wouldn't be as much the case.
So hence my wish.

Wish 3: Level 40 reward of MyTeam and MyPlayer can be earned by reaching level 40 in either mode in a season.

I don't have time to reach level 40 in both, but I do wish I could get the rewards (like +1 badge point, double core badge options, etcetera).
It would be great if that reward is unlocked in either mode by reaching level 40.

Wish 4: MyCareer eras.

Thanks.
Raps in 4

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:17 pm

I found these very interesting suggestions from reddit by user yeeeo503 with regards to MyTeam:

Was just thinking about different things that’d be dope to add to MyTeam and a couple things that I thought of were:

Trading Block: an auction house for un auction able cards where people can trade un auction able cards with each other so they at least have some value other than collector value. Plus if you get a higher overall card you don’t want but can’t sell someone will more than likely want them.

Unlimited co-op: Probably will never happen, but like tto co-op but full length games like rec/pro-am in my career. I’ve gotten some of my homies to play MyTeam off of co-op and selling them on “each card really just a different build without grinding it”. An they like the mode. Feel like if MyTeam did something like that the mode would get even more attention.

Mercy rule for online: Growing up way we always played 2k and really any sports game was the “21” rule. If someone up 21, other person gets a chance to get a bucket if not the games done. This would save time for both people that prefer online as it would incentive people to not quit regardless as the game wouldn’t have to go the full length if it’s not close. Also offline players would be able to do online challenges at a faster and higher rate while both players get rewarded for playing regardless of how little or small. Achievements still met and wins still counted.

What y’all think ?

Source: https://reddit.com/r/MyTeam/comments/12 ... never_add/
Thank you Kobe!

JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby Raps in 4 on Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 am

- More than 10 save slots
Raps in 4

Postby Dmayne on Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:59 am

-current gen version NBA 2k24 for PC.
-Add option at the jersey select screen to change home/away shoe colors.
-A retro teams update is long overdue. (faces/tendencies/gear/shoes/warmups/colors/floors/arenas/atmosphere/etc...)
-Allow us to easily edit/change retro team names/jerseys/colors/floors/arenas/stats/etc...
-Add a retro player "free agent pool" and fill it with former players from the last 50 years for us to make use of.
-Full retro and current TNT scoreboard/presentation.
-The shoe editor needs a shoe texture for team color 1 and team color 2. This let's us make a single Home/Away shoe colorway that will work with every team.
-Add some retro nike mid/hightops, suggestions:Air Flight Lite, Air Force 180, Air Force Max '93, Nike Air Up, Nike Flight One, Penny IV, Air Max Penny, Pippen I.
Dmayne

Re: NBA 2K24 Wishlist - Broadcast vs On Court Presentation

Postby JiveMahoney on Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:42 am

As a basket simulation game, it's time for the franchise to move away from the "broadcast" style as the default presentation. Not saying it has to happen all at once, but a gradual move away from the default broadcast camera and audio presentation will bring the game into a new era of actual basketball simulation. As of now, most players already choose the 2k cam, but the default presentation should be on court, 3rd person with a camera that follows behind, not a broadcast from the sideline. Maybe back in the day it was novel to have the game look like you're watching a game on television, but that's outdated. Now gamers want to feel like they are actually playing in the game.

While the On Court cam is a step in the right direction, the Drive cam is still the most realistic 1st/3rd person basketball experience. With that said, the Drive cam still needs tweaking so the parts of the court that should be visible, depending on where the ball handler is, are actually visible. The cam does a good job right now except when the ballhandler is in the corner in the front court...the top of the key, three point and backcourt should have more visibility. Also sometimes when bringing the ball up in the backcourt, if the ball handler is along the sideline, the opposite sideline is not visible, but should be. Basically make it so you see what the ballhandler would actually see in a real life situation. Also right now, when posting up, areas of the 3 point line are not visible that should be, but not sure if that can be corrected cause the camera would have to swing 180 degrees when entering and exiting post up, so might be too annoying and not practical.

The broadcast audio presentation is more cringe every year. I would get rid of it altogether, but that's just me. At least add more player, referee and crowd talk for those of us who want to feel more in game realism. Maybe pay actual players to record audio, instead of the dumb TV announcers that no one wants to hear anyway like ernie, shaq, kenny etc..

The game has come a long way and with more and more animations and features added each year, it really has become a superb basketball sim. The only thing not following that trajectory is the camera and audio presentation. I know it's been part of the game since the beginning, but like I said, as we move close to the era of VR gaming, it should be priority for the developers to prime the series for that transition.
JiveMahoney

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:32 am

JiveMahoney wrote:As a basket simulation game, it's time for the franchise to move away from the "broadcast" style as the default presentation. Not saying it has to happen all at once, but a gradual move away from the default broadcast camera and audio presentation will bring the game into a new era of actual basketball simulation. As of now, most players already choose the 2k cam, but the default presentation should be on court, 3rd person with a camera that follows behind, not a broadcast from the sideline. Maybe back in the day it was novel to have the game look like you're watching a game on television, but that's outdated. Now gamers want to feel like they are actually playing in the game.

While the On Court cam is a step in the right direction, the Drive cam is still the most realistic 1st/3rd person basketball experience. With that said, the Drive cam still needs tweaking so the parts of the court that should be visible, depending on where the ball handler is, are actually visible. The cam does a good job right now except when the ballhandler is in the corner in the front court...the top of the key, three point and backcourt should have more visibility. Also sometimes when bringing the ball up in the backcourt, if the ball handler is along the sideline, the opposite sideline is not visible, but should be. Basically make it so you see what the ballhandler would actually see in a real life situation. Also right now, when posting up, areas of the 3 point line are not visible that should be, but not sure if that can be corrected cause the camera would have to swing 180 degrees when entering and exiting post up, so might be too annoying and not practical.

The broadcast audio presentation is more cringe every year. I would get rid of it altogether, but that's just me. At least add more player, referee and crowd talk for those of us who want to feel more in game realism. Maybe pay actual players to record audio, instead of the dumb TV announcers that no one wants to hear anyway like ernie, shaq, kenny etc..

The game has come a long way and with more and more animations and features added each year, it really has become a superb basketball sim. The only thing not following that trajectory is the camera and audio presentation. I know it's been part of the game since the beginning, but like I said, as we move close to the era of VR gaming, it should be priority for the developers to prime the series for that transition.

Thank you for submitting a wishlist idea!

However, I do have to disagree. The NBA is still the draw, if you remove "NBA" from "NBA 2K23", it doesn't sell even close to the same. The TV style presentation (Including real-life commentators, dornas, sponsors, half-time show, etc) is a major draw. Custom NBA rosters, where players/teams are touched up, get hundreds of thousands (Actually, overall millions), of downloads every release. The classic teams, all-time teams, and just overall legends = incredibly important content, especially for the purpose of celebrating the history of the game.

MyTEAM is completely centered around the NBA and it's history, and it is one of their biggest money makers (if not the biggest)

The broadcast view in itself is how we have experienced almost all of our NBA moments in life. I almost always use broadcast, as do many of the people I connect with on Parsec, regardless of the hoops title we are playing. It can be used to play competitive or casual (Just like the 2K view). I routinely get asked what my broadcast camera view settings are by people when I post footage, because they love the look of the action from that view.

I also want to add: I've played basketball all my life, and I have never felt like I was playing real basketball from the 2K camera view.

Since basketball video games have had the NBA license, gamers have wanted to take their favorite NBA teams and players onto the virtual hardwood, and attempt to emulate what they see in real-life. For example, if someone sees Devin Booker go off for 40 points, often times they will want to throw on the game and use him on the virtual hardwood in a broadcast setting to try to do similar to what they saw. And if it's Kevin Harlan on the mic (Just like in real-life), all the better. Adding the real PA announcers for each teams arena was a big deal for a reason, it was a popular addition when it was announced.

I also disagree about the gameplay, as I believe it has gone backwards in many ways since the old motion system. Constant suction issues, the game is loaded with more two-man canned animations than ever. The artificial boosts have destroyed true skill gap, the game has 80+ badges now. The foot planting is very poor, as your players consistently skate/slide all over the court, and it dramatically impacts how the CPU plays as well. Player movement/animation transitions have also taken a dive, and the suction issues I just mentioned, combined with the incredibly poor shooting mechanics on 2K23 (Wasn't released with normal timing), really hurt the mid-range and post games, and the game is wildly unrealistic when it comes to contested shots. Those are only some of the areas where the game can be frustrating on the sticks.

You discussed more of a VR experience, which can be a great option, just as multiple camera view options is incredibly important. But they should be just that, options. Just like turning commentary off is an option for you, and changing the camera view is an option for you.

Again, the big picture is that the NBA is still what sells the game. Fans of the NBA flock to this game because of the NBA elements of it. Because of the real NBA teams, players, and often the realistic presentation. I doubt 2K will move away from that anytime soon, they know that is the main draw.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JiveMahoney on Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:34 am

Dee4Three wrote:Thank you for submitting a wishlist idea!

However, I do have to disagree. The NBA is still the draw, if you remove "NBA" from "NBA 2K23", it doesn't sell even close to the same. The TV style presentation (Including real-life commentators, dornas, sponsors, half-time show, etc) is a major draw. Custom NBA rosters, where players/teams are touched up, get hundreds of thousands (Actually, overall millions), of downloads every release. The classic teams, all-time teams, and just overall legends = incredibly important content, especially for the purpose of celebrating the history of the game.

MyTEAM is completely centered around the NBA and it's history, and it is one of their biggest money makers (if not the biggest)

The broadcast view in itself is how we have experienced almost all of our NBA moments in life. I almost always use broadcast, as do many of the people I connect with on Parsec, regardless of the hoops title we are playing. It can be used to play competitive or casual (Just like the 2K view). I routinely get asked what my broadcast camera view settings are by people when I post footage, because they love the look of the action from that view.

I also want to add: I've played basketball all my life, and I have never felt like I was playing real basketball from the 2K camera view.

Since basketball video games have had the NBA license, gamers have wanted to take their favorite NBA teams and players onto the virtual hardwood, and attempt to emulate what they see in real-life. For example, if someone sees Devin Booker go off for 40 points, often times they will want to throw on the game and use him on the virtual hardwood in a broadcast setting to try to do similar to what they saw. And if it's Kevin Harlan on the mic (Just like in real-life), all the better. Adding the real PA announcers for each teams arena was a big deal for a reason, it was a popular addition when it was announced.

I also disagree about the gameplay, as I believe it has gone backwards in many ways since the old motion system. Constant suction issues, the game is loaded with more two-man canned animations than ever. The artificial boosts have destroyed true skill gap, the game has 80+ badges now. The foot planting is very poor, as your players consistently skate/slide all over the court, and it dramatically impacts how the CPU plays as well. Player movement/animation transitions have also taken a dive, and the suction issues I just mentioned, combined with the incredibly poor shooting mechanics on 2K23 (Wasn't released with normal timing), really hurt the mid-range and post games, and the game is wildly unrealistic when it comes to contested shots. Those are only some of the areas where the game can be frustrating on the sticks.

You discussed more of a VR experience, which can be a great option, just as multiple camera view options is incredibly important. But they should be just that, options. Just like turning commentary off is an option for you, and changing the camera view is an option for you.

Again, the big picture is that the NBA is still what sells the game. Fans of the NBA flock to this game because of the NBA elements of it. Because of the real NBA teams, players, and often the realistic presentation. I doubt 2K will move away from that anytime soon, they know that is the main draw.

Oh I agree with a lot of what you wrote, I didn't mean take away all or any of the NBA branding, that would be stupid, of course that's a huge part of the game. I really just meant developing a more real life experience during gameplay.

I have to completely disagree with using the broadcast cam though. I've played baketball all my life too and while the 2k cam isn't that engaging, the Drive cam is. But like I said, it really hasn't changed much over the years and it needs tweaking to make the court more visible when the ball handler is certain positions on the court. You should give Drive a try, especially if you lower the cam, you definitely feel more like you're actually playing basketball and not watching a game on TV. You start to see passing lanes better, switching the prostick to camera relative makes movement, dribble moves, shooting and finishing more intuitive, especially when on the baseline. Not only that, but you can actually see up the floor for an outlet on a def rebound, a huge part of full court basketball! I feel like I can tell when playing someone who uses broadcast, I usually devastate them on fast breaks. A higher Drive cam is less intense/exciting, but will give you more court vision, I like it somewhere near the middle.

I feel like the broadcast cam was really just for developing on old gen consoles, the TV presentation being a selling point, but now consoles are able to give an exciting in game experience and that is the future. With the On Court cam, they are already starting to move in this direction, the problem with that cam is it doesn't follow the ball handler as well as Drive yet.

So again, leave the broadcast, but develop the in game presentation a lot more.

Also worth noting, if you change the audio to on court or in game, I forget which it is, you'll start to hear the player chatter better. They will actually call out open or cutting teammates, picks and outlets etc... So there is a small realistic advantage to playing without the announcers talking over the game.
JiveMahoney

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:44 am

I always use Camera Relative for controls, but on broadcast. On broadcast I see distance between players and the hoop better, as well as my distance in relation to the baseline. I also don't need to worry about the camera jumping around or rotating.

It is a difference in preference. I have tried drive, and it "drives" me nuts.

The broadcast cam is certainly an idea and implementation that has been around for a long time, however it is also still highly in demand.

And again, having the NBA as the default presentation makes sense, because the NBA is still what sells the game (by a large margin).

The atmosphere in the game in relation to crowd noise and on court chatter could use improvement, I agree with you there. It actually used to be better in some past titles. I have messed with the audio settings to try and improve this area of the game.

Either way. I hope you get more of what you want in the future, while the people who love the NBA presentation portions also keep what they love.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby teus on Fri May 05, 2023 1:10 pm

A few little and pretty easy fixes will greatly improve the game in my opinion:
1. Remove the limit on saves. The saves are on the local machine. There is no real reason for this limitation.
2. Add the ability to save the season and game configurations for MyNBA - it's a pain to have to set them up each time.
2. Return the capability to "start today" in MyMBA - I have to simulate the season everytime.
3. Improve spacing - Players tend to crowd the paint in many case and don't clear out when you penetrate. In most cases my teammates guard the opponent's paint better then the computer's players.
teus

Postby ktommy on Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:31 am

Andrew wrote:NBA 2K24 Wishlist

Here is our official NBA 2K24 Wishlist topic! This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make future NBA 2K games better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K24 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K23, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K23 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback in an organised list, which will also contain a "Top Wishes" section based on general consensus.

1) More immersive social media/commentating for MyLeague. I've seen myself break the scoring record for a NBA team, and the only thing I get in the socials tab is "Generic Player had x amount of points last night, a record for his team." Also, if a huge trade happens, or a huge signing, there should be more than the same type of generic format.

2) In MyLeague, it's hard to keep up with the league, and I think that's what the socials tab was made for. Something like a weekly recap of highlights and rumors in the NBA would be cool.

3) A huge menu rework for MyLeague would be nice.

4) More eras

5) Finally, the most obvious one in my opinion, next gen for PC.
ktommy

Postby vinrich10 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:45 pm

I'll keep my wishlist short and sweet.

ERAS
Quite possibly my favorite mode, it was a great start - however it did leave a lot to be desired especially when playing the Jordan challenge.
Bring the same type of details to Eras like they did for the Jordan challenge.

Hopefully it's on PC too
vinrich10

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:29 pm

A bit late, but I just woke up from my yearly NBA slumber so I'll just put it here and copy it to the 2K25 wishlist later in the year lol.

• Keep expanding on Eras. Easily my favourite mode. Thanks.
  • Fix budgeting in Eras. It feels like for example arena operations are not period adjusted. I can be winning titles and my budget is still negative 20 mil.
  • Give us an option to have AI drafting blunders. That's my big issue with Eras - all draft picks are in order you'd do today. Jordan was drafted 3rd, Kobe 13th. Maybe scouting is overpowered?
  • Offline MyCareer with The W like earned progression, I know it won't happen, but I want it regardless.

And a standalone one to better explain it:
Give us an option to keep the score difference when normalizing stats.
If I win by scoring a game winning 3 I'd like that score difference to remain. Currently it will end up as a 6 point win. It gets a bit more weird with blowouts where a 25 point win is suddenly a 50 point win. I'd like an option for stats normalization to keep the difference same.
Normalize winning team's score, deduct the real difference and calculate stats based on that? Probably fair bit of work to calculate ratios of stats for the losing team's players to spread out the normalized stats as they should be, but it would be a very nice feature.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:34 am

Locking and archiving this as NBA 2K24 is obviously out, but we'll be starting our NBA 2K25 Wishlist much earlier this year. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K24