WNBA updates at all?

Talk about NBA 2K23 here.

WNBA updates at all?

Postby tinpanalley on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:16 am

Does anyone have any clue if 2K plans on updating the WNBA rosters this year? I don't think they ever have before so I just tend to do trades myself. I know expecting the jerseys to be updated is pointless. But start of season rosters would be nice. Alternately, does someone know of a roster out there that is updated in the community?
tinpanalley

Re: WNBA updates at all?

Postby Bassman58 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:50 am

2K has actually updated the free agent signings and trades this year. Since the draft will be soon, all we can do is hope. Modders can make new uniforms and courts but it's rare to see any mods released. I have seen a few cyberfaces for 2K23.
Bassman58

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:40 am

from my understanding we cannot mod the wnba uniforms.... have that change?
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby tinpanalley on Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 am

Bassman58 wrote:2K has actually updated the free agent signings and trades this year. Since the draft will be soon, all we can do is hope. Modders can make new uniforms and courts but it's rare to see any mods released. I have seen a few cyberfaces for 2K23.

When you say free agent signings and trades, do you know what date they're up to? Do you mean up to now?
And I hear you on the courts and uniforms. I always hoped more people would get into modding the WNBA but it doesn't seem to be something people care about as much. But I'm not gonna sit here and criticise modders when I don't offer any mods myself.
tinpanalley

Postby tinpanalley on Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:48 am

sevin0seven wrote:from my understanding we cannot mod the wnba uniforms.... have that change?

They're in the game files somewhere, they can surely be replaced.
tinpanalley

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:54 am

tinpanalley wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:from my understanding we cannot mod the wnba uniforms.... have that change?

Oh, I know how to find them and export them out... but when you actually mod them it gives you an error (this is back in 2K21, 22). I also don't think you can find a modded WNBA jersey on the net. If I'm wrong please share the link. :wink:
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby tinpanalley on Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:58 am

sevin0seven wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:

Oh, I know how to find them and export them out... but when you actually mod them it gives you an error (this is back in 2K21, 22). I also don't think you can find a modded WNBA jersey on the net. If I'm wrong please share the link. :wink:

Oh.. ok, I see. And of course there aren't any, somebody would have to be willing to make them. But 22 was the first year where you could play a season. Maybe the issue wouldnt happen now?
tinpanalley

Return to NBA 2K23