[VETMIN] MyNBA Eras Presentation/Filter, MyL Overhaul, Force Starter Photos, &c.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [VETMIN] MyNBA Eras Scoreboards / Titlecards / Starters, MyLeague Overhaul, etc.

Postby KyotoCarl on Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:53 pm

vetmin wrote:vetmin's Force Starting Lineup Portraits

By default, there are three versions of the starting lineup display: one that shows player portraits and two that are text only. This mod overwrites the two text-only versions with duplicates of the portrait version, so that any time the starting lineup is displayed pregame, it is the portrait version. Obviously if a player is a Create-A-Player or has not been assigned a portrait, it will display his cyberface, not an actual photo portrait. Also, in rare instances where the game does not load a starting lineup overlay at all (i.e., those occasional circumstances where the default game doesn't show anything -- no names, no photos, no nothing), none will be seen with this mod. This mod doesn't make starting lineup overlays appear, it merely makes sure that when they do appear, they have the portrait display.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ty63l33f8h1zzhf/vetmin%2527s_Force_Starting_Lineup_Portraits.7z/file

This is just awesome!
By the same method, would it be possible to, for example, force the starting lineups presentation to be played? Right now it's very rare that you get to see it.
Also, would it be possible to decide which stats to show in the lower third graphics that sometimes show you stats for the game or season?
KyotoCarl

Re: [VETMIN] MyNBA Eras Scoreboards / Titlecards / Starters, MyLeague Overhaul, etc.

Postby vetmin on Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:07 pm

KyotoCarl wrote:

By default, there are three versions of the starting lineup display: one that shows player portraits and two that are text only. This mod overwrites the two text-only versions with duplicates of the portrait version, so that any time the starting lineup is displayed pregame, it is the portrait version. Obviously if a player is a Create-A-Player or has not been assigned a portrait, it will display his cyberface, not an actual photo portrait. Also, in rare instances where the game does not load a starting lineup overlay at all (i.e., those occasional circumstances where the default game doesn't show anything -- no names, no photos, no nothing), none will be seen with this mod. This mod doesn't make starting lineup overlays appear, it merely makes sure that when they do appear, they have the portrait display.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ty63l33f8h1zzhf/vetmin%2527s_Force_Starting_Lineup_Portraits.7z/file

This is just awesome!
By the same method, would it be possible to, for example, force the starting lineups presentation to be played? Right now it's very rare that you get to see it.
Also, would it be possible to decide which stats to show in the lower third graphics that sometimes show you stats for the game or season?

Thanks! As far as I understand, the actual lineups presentation where the players are walking out and everything is controlled in a totally different way. Yes, they're starting lineups, but the important thing is what kind of game element something is (e.g., overlay / popup, character animation, menu configuration, character model, etc. etc. etc.), so in fact the starting lineup overlays in my mod have much more in common with scoreboards, breakboards, etc. than they do with what you're talking about. I believe that the actual starting lineup character model sequence is simply part of the 'game flow' configuration, which I haven't tried modding.

It's interesting to me though that you find the full starting lineup sequence rare to see. I feel like I'm seeing it way way more than last year, and I'm more interested in disabling it than making it appear more, as those intro sequences are kind of a mess for retro rosters where the announcers don't know anyone's names.
vetmin

Postby KyotoCarl on Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:19 pm

vetmin wrote:
KyotoCarl wrote:

This is just awesome!

Thanks! As far as I understand, the actual lineups presentation where the players are walking out and everything is controlled in a totally different way. Yes, they're starting lineups, but the important thing is what kind of game element something is (e.g., overlay / popup, character animation, menu configuration, character model, etc. etc. etc.), so in fact the starting lineup overlays in my mod have much more in common with scoreboards, breakboards, etc. than they do with what you're talking about. I believe that the actual starting lineup character model sequence is simply part of the 'game flow' configuration, which I haven't tried modding.

It's interesting to me though that you find the full starting lineup sequence rare to see. I feel like I'm seeing it way way more than last year, and I'm more interested in disabling it than making it appear more, as those intro sequences are kind of a mess for retro rosters where the announcers don't know anyone's names.

Thank you for the thorough answer!
I haven't actually played that much of 2K23 yet, only quick play games and the Jordan Challenge. I'm waiting for looyh's roster tool so I can start a MyLeague, but I am interested to see if maybe there are starting lineups more often this year then cause there hasn't been in past year. Would be interesting if someone figured out how to get them to play more often or less often...

I've installed the 90's era graphics you posted and they work great! I will be using them in my MyLeague.

When it comes to editing the actualy information in the overlays/popups; is that something that's possible? So you could decide which stats to show?

Really hope you get some progress in getting the other era graphics, like season standings, etc, to work as well!
Again, great work!
KyotoCarl

Postby vetmin on Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:31 pm

KyotoCarl wrote:
When it comes to editing the actualy information in the overlays/popups; is that something that's possible? So you could decide which stats to show?

Oh, my bad I forgot to answer that. In principle it's possible, but it's not always easy finding the exact hex codes for a given type of data, nor -- in the case of lower3rd panels, at least in previous years -- is it always easy knowing where to input the changes. To be honest, unless I discover some method that makes it really really easy, I probably will not bother with customizing the types of data that appear by default.
vetmin

Postby KyotoCarl on Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:48 pm

vetmin wrote:
KyotoCarl wrote:

Oh, my bad I forgot to answer that. In principle it's possible, but it's not always easy finding the exact hex codes for a given type of data, nor -- in the case of lower3rd panels, at least in previous years -- is it always easy knowing where to input the changes. To be honest, unless I discover some method that makes it really really easy, I probably will not bother with customizing the types of data that appear by default.

Interesting to know that it's at least possible. Too bad I don't really know how to mod anything more than editing a court template, otherwise I would try to look into this.
The prospect that you might figure out how to get all the other retro overlays and wipes and such has me excited though!

Thanks again and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!
KyotoCarl

Postby ConfigSys on Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 pm

That's exactly what i'm looking for

and it was on your thread :D

viewtopic.php?f=272&t=113117#p2052555

i guess that's i missed the OJSON trick

you made my day (Y)
ConfigSys

Postby vetmin on Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:29 am

ConfigSys wrote:

That's exactly what i'm looking for

and it was on your thread :D

viewtopic.php?f=272&t=113117#p2052555

i guess that's i missed the OJSON trick

you made my day (Y)

Glad I could help! Yes, I figured it out for 2K22, but I don't think anyone noticed / cared. Works the same way though.

---

vetmin's NBA 2K23 80s Era Filter

As of October 9, 2022, this application allows for the toggling of the 1980s Era Filter in NBA 2K23 (any mode, even on menu screens that make use of a stadium file). To use, turn on NBA 2K23, open my application, then go back in NBA 2K23 and press Ctrl+1 to toggle on/off. I would've liked to have included the 90s filter as well, but I have not figured it out yet.

NOTE: If this application no longer works, it's because a new game patch killed it. Keep a lookout for my update (or send me a message if you wanna make sure I intend to release one; I don't mind). It also won't work if you use an earlier patch than the one as of this application's date.

NOTE #2: If you're new to trainers (i.e., this sort of application), they are often flagged as viruses. Here is a good overview of the topic: https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=1877. Use Google to search for solutions to getting this sort of software by your anti-virus (e.g., "game trainers windows defender"); it is a very, very common topic and you'll find a ton of people detailing exactly what to do, which is why I'm not gonna reinvent the wheel with a tutorial here.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4inrj4urzz479vg/vetmin's+NBA+2K23+80s+Era+Filter.7z/file
vetmin

Re: [VETMIN] MyNBA Eras Presentation/Filter, MyL Overhaul, Force Starter Photos, &c.

Postby jk31 on Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:17 am

Hi, I wanted to download your MyLeague Overhaul, but it seems some company called "Red Points Solution" filed a DMC claim?! Could you reupload it again?
jk31

Re: [VETMIN] MyNBA Eras Presentation/Filter, MyL Overhaul, Force Starter Photos, &c.

Postby Divaco on Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:41 pm

Can you re-upload please your links for "vetmin's Minimalist 2K23 Indicators" and "vetmin's Force Starting Lineup Portraits", looks like actual links are broken. Thanks.
Divaco

Postby KyotoCarl on Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:07 am

Any luck in getting the other retro overlays (stats, wipes, etc.,) to work as well?
KyotoCarl

Postby 6905790 on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:43 am

I think the download link is not working, it said 'Something appears to be missing…'

Postby remi1771 on Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:17 am

Hi there! Is there any updated links? Most of theme are remove :(
remi1771

Postby PlatinumPlus on Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 am

[ Image ]

Can you provide a new link please? this one is no longer available
PlatinumPlus

Postby vetmin on Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:29 pm

Sorry for not replying sooner. No new mods will be posted to this thread and no links will be updated. This thread was specifically targeted by Take-Two when they issued takedowns for mods a few weeks ago, so I have no intention of throwing more targets in their crosshairs.
vetmin

Postby Dantello11 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 am

vetmin wrote:Sorry for not replying sooner. No new mods will be posted to this thread and no links will be updated. This thread was specifically targeted by Take-Two when they issued takedowns for mods a few weeks ago, so I have no intention of throwing more targets in their crosshairs.

is it safe to assume that My League overhaul is dead then too?
Dantello11

Postby snake212 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:00 pm

vetmin does your 1980s Era Filter still work???? Tried it and nothing happened?...........Thanks
snake212

Postby snake212 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:00 pm

vetmin does your 1980s Era Filter still work???? Tried it and nothing happened?...........Thanks
snake212

Postby Shuajota on Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Dantello11 wrote:
vetmin wrote:Sorry for not replying sooner. No new mods will be posted to this thread and no links will be updated. This thread was specifically targeted by Take-Two when they issued takedowns for mods a few weeks ago, so I have no intention of throwing more targets in their crosshairs.

snake212 wrote:vetmin does your 1980s Era Filter still work???? Tried it and nothing happened?...........Thanks

All those mods were removed by Take Two and will not be reuploaded as vetmin said.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby vetmin on Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:52 pm

Dantello11 wrote:

Yep. Between Take-Two issuing takedowns and other modders passing my work off as their own, I decided I’m out. Unless something seems as though it will be different in that regard, I’m henceforth just modding my own game.

snake212 wrote:vetmin does your 1980s Era Filter still work???? Tried it and nothing happened?...........Thanks

Do you mean you have the EXE but it’s not having an effect in-game? Last I tried it worked, but it’s certainly possible that a patch killed it. I don’t use filters personally but it was easy to create so I did just to be nice, but no future updates will be released, since I’m no longer modding for purposes beyond my own personal use.
vetmin

Postby snake212 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:46 pm

Vetmin how about you make yourself a patreon page. I would gladly support that and im sure others will as well. Just a thought.
snake212

Postby vetmin on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:29 pm

snake212 wrote:Vetmin how about you make yourself a patreon page. I would gladly support that and im sure others will as well. Just a thought.

I appreciate the suggestion, but if Take-Two had a problem with my mods when they were free, I’m sure they’d have an even bigger problem with my profiting from them. I’m not about to make a Patreon, collect money, then have it shut down and have to issue a bunch of refunds. Pain in the butt. Plus I have little interest in selling mods because then I’d have to provide a bunch of customer support for them.
vetmin

Postby snake212 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:54 am

vetmin wrote:
snake212 wrote:Vetmin how about you make yourself a patreon page. I would gladly support that and im sure others will as well. Just a thought.

I appreciate the suggestion, but if Take-Two had a problem with my mods when they were free, I’m sure they’d have an even bigger problem with my profiting from them. I’m not about to make a Patreon, collect money, then have it shut down and have to issue a bunch of refunds. Pain in the butt. Plus I have little interest in selling mods because then I’d have to provide a bunch of customer support for them.

copy that
snake212

Postby KyotoCarl on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:10 pm

vetmin wrote:

Totally understandable. It really sucks when people use people's work and pass them on as their own.

I'm a big fan of your work and hate to see that it's come to this. Hopefully the attitude changes and you can be back and contribute to the community, because your work, imo, enhances the game by more than you know for me. It gives the game a story and makes it feel more alive.
KyotoCarl

Postby Long_170788 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:09 am

im about to ask what font is that in the 80s era, i manage to make it on switch without changing the file but the font seems not correct. only in the 80s presentation
Long_170788

Postby Long_170788 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:12 am

the font is not correct for this presentation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long_170788

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding