[DEN2K] Scoreboards - 2023 NBC,ESPN WITH AUTO-SWITCH DAYS (NEW TNT Gold Edition)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [DEN2K] Scoreboards - 2023 NBC,ESPN WITH AUTO-SWITCH DAYS,etc(TNT v5.0 RELEASED)

Postby bongo88 on Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:07 pm

vetmin wrote:If you Ctrl+F looyh’s TXT file for that Sports Illustrated text (just search for “tradekmark”, a typo by 2K in the string), you’ll see BBFA03FD at the beginning of the line. ....... In general these text call codes are simply the text string in question being translated to a CRC32B hash (for instance if you copied and pasted the text here: https://md5calc.com/hash/crc32b), but in reality they are not always so, as I think over the years 2K has changed the contents of some text without changing the codes that call them (I noted one instance in my reply to looyh).

oh, looyh's document... i didn't check that for sports illustrated... forgot about that document. Yeah, some of the lines don't match the crc32b hash... i've notice that now

anyways, thanks for answering the question. much clear now.
bongo88

Re: [DEN2K] Scoreboards - ESPN NBA Christmas Version

Postby dirtydraw on Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:39 pm

NBA ESPN Christmas Version for DENs ESPN Scoreboard. Have fun ;)

download here -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/d3wr4lhunwgunkb/NBA_ESPN_Christmas.rar/file
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Re: [DEN2K] Scoreboards - 2023 NBC,ESPN WITH AUTO-SWITCH DAYS,etc(TNT v5.0 RELEASED)

Postby 1nvokez on Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:51 am

Anyone else having issues with scoreboard not being centered on ultrawide resolution 3440x1440? Was hoping to get some info on how to fix this
1nvokez

Postby dirtydraw on Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:39 am

Hey DEN are you planning to make the Bally Sports Scoreboard?

Cheers and happy new year
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby vetmin on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:29 pm

1nvokez wrote:Anyone else having issues with scoreboard not being centered on ultrawide resolution 3440x1440? Was hoping to get some info on how to fix this
[ Image ]

It's not hard to fix. See the info on 'translate' in Mahmood's SCNE guide. That said, playing modded 2K on ultrawide resolution sounds like more trouble than it's worth, at least if presentation mods are important to you. It's hard enough getting them to look good at normal 16:9, and few modders will bother creating additional versions for the handful of ultrawide-resolution users out there.
vetmin

Postby CHICAGORILLA22 on Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:42 pm

any plans on making a TNT breakboard, or is there a breakboard mod for 23 made already?
CHICAGORILLA22

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:15 pm

1nvokez wrote:Anyone else having issues with scoreboard not being centered on ultrawide resolution 3440x1440? Was hoping to get some info on how to fix this
[ Image ]

Scoreboards have always an issue with ultrawide res. since 2k13.
Simple fix : change your screen.
Otherwise it iimplies that the scoreboard creator has a wide screen too, and spent time to revamp the scoreboard ... for 1% users of those ultrawide screens
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:12 pm

[ Image ]

folks have mentioned in the past that the espn panel mods are centered on ultrawide (i have a 1080p montior 16:9)
the only difference in construction is that i enter edit mode, carefully size mesh while keeping it centered around default location .... then enter object mode and move the mesh around screen
well, that my theory... usually scoreboard making is so tedious i just do it quickly.... but that my theory ...

anyways, scoreboard would have to be re-made or centered around default (possibly)... not sure about camera transform stuff...

if i remember correctly... if you are in object mode... and move the scoreboard mesh left 80 and down 20 ... then the animations files (score text, team text, etc) also move left 80 and down 20)... but my memory could be wrong

anyways, relevant guide if you feel like centering the scoreboard for your aspect ratio.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPZciqKsGpI

edit: for instance, on that tutorial video ---- timestamp 4:02 ---- 4:10 .... moving the scorebaord in space up/down/left right ..... all that is done in Object mode ... that keeps the mesh centered on the default 2k camera... or maybe could do transform stuffs... but don't know about that.... just a theory, never made a scoreboard centred around the default location
bongo88

Postby therealgrimmie on Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:20 pm

HI DEN2k, can you please make a V2 of the NBC Scoreboard like this:
1. long yellow strip for BONUS
2. TIME OUTS not abbreviated

"ALL IS VANITY"
therealgrimmie

Re: [DEN2K] Scoreboards - 2023 NBC,ESPN WITH AUTO-SWITCH DAYS (NEW TNT Gold Edition)

Postby DEN 2K on Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:55 pm

TNT version v6.0 has been released.

Changelogs:
- Regular and Gold edition
- Official violation fly-out background

Follow me on Instagram for updates
https://www.instagram.com/den2kofficial

Subscribe and support my YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/DEN2K

Every good act counts :wave:
PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/den2kofficial?locale.x=en_US
GCash: +63-936-9516-900

:bowdown: :bowdown: THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT GUYS! :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
DEN 2K

Re: [DEN2K] Scoreboards - 2023 NBC,ESPN WITH AUTO-SWITCH DAYS (NEW TNT Gold Edition)

Postby DEN 2K on Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:01 pm

Apologies for those unanswered inquiries and request. Currently in hiatus mode. I'll make sure to release all of the updates I've missed :D

Follow me on Instagram for updates
https://www.instagram.com/den2kofficial

Subscribe and support my YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/DEN2K

Every good act counts :wave:
PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/den2kofficial?locale.x=en_US
GCash: +63-936-9516-900

:bowdown: :bowdown: THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT GUYS! :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
DEN 2K

Postby dirtydraw on Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Welcome back, bro :)
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby m1onthebeat on Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:08 am

Welcome back, any plan to make BallySports scoreboard next ?
m1onthebeat

Postby kloppo23 on Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:20 am

m1onthebeat wrote:Welcome back, any plan to make BallySports scoreboard next ?

Yes I curious this if this possible awesome! Thanks for your scoreboards!
kloppo23

Postby m1onthebeat on Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:55 am

vetmin wrote:Here's the Lakers too, for something with a non-blue BG color, in case it's helpful to see a different color scheme.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I haven't made a version of this scoreboard with this functionality (currently I'm in retro land so not really using or modding modern stuff right now), I'm just pointing out that it's totally doable. You just gotta follow the general principles I explained and apply them to all relevant text fields (I guess just the tricodes and scores, right?).

Do someone manage to do this and can send me the updated scoreboard with tricode colors ?
m1onthebeat

Postby froob on Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:17 am

vetmin wrote:
bongo88 wrote:
vetmin wrote:Yes. You just replace an existing string in TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA with the code for a colored tricode (following the syntax 2K uses, which you can deduce from looking at other variable strings; see the list of strings provided by looyh in my hex thread), then swap the hash for that string into your NewScorebug.VCUIELEMENT (i.e., in place of the existing tricode hash). Do this for both home and away and you're good.

You ever sit in class, teacher says something, and you KNOW that everybody don't understand, but nobody wants to raise their hand? haha, i never cared, always asked the question, and usually a collective sigh from the class... lol
welp, i don't understand... course, i am super sleepy and this might make more sense in the morning. anyways, a clearer example would be cool... you can do over PM to me or just post it here...

anyways, glad you figured it out :)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be obtuse; for the sake of time I just wanted to do as little tutorializing as possible. Basically if you look at what looyh posted in my thread, it's a bunch of 4-byte reference codes for strings within TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA (within english.iff). See my old tutorial for 2K22 in that same thread for info on how to work with these codes. All I'm saying is to craft your own variable by following the syntax 2K uses in all its other variables (the all-caps, bracketed fields), which is easy to get a feel for thanks to looyh's list, which consolidates them all in one place. So, for instance, the variables in the default game that color a text with a team color (for instance the team names and records in the default titlecard) use the tag "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:TEXT_TERTIARY}" (or "TEAM_AWAY") which is closed off by "|RESTORE_COLOR|" (i.e., to turn off the team coloring once the enclosed text is finished). Elsewhere you can observe that tricodes are called by "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:NAME:SHORT}" (or TEAM_AWAY). So by putting these together you can achieve the desired effect: "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:TEXT_TERTIARY}{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:NAME:SHORT}|RESTORE_COLOR|"

Then you just choose an existing string of that length (ideally one that is useless and doesn't have much text that could potentially interfere with other in-game text, so try to avoid stuff that has words like "offense," "defense," "shot," "point guard," etc.) and overwrite it with the above. So for instance the custom variable is the same length as "Sports IllustratedTM is a tradekmark of ABG-SI LLC. (C)ABG-SI LLC. sportsillustrated.com" at location BBFA03FD, so for the screenshot below I went in and overwrote that with "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:TEXT_TERTIARY}{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:NAME:SHORT}|RESTORE_COLOR|". Then I rerouted the tricode in NewScorebug.VCUIELEMENT to the location of that new variable (i.e., what was originally Sports Illustrated text).

EDIT: Forgot to note that, while I haven't tried it, it wouldn't surprise me if changing TEXT_TERTIARY to TEXT_PRIMARY or TEXT_SECONDARY works as well. There are no default variables with that usage, but it's a logical extension that may work and would allow more freedom re: which color to assign. Ultimately not that important though since TEXT_TERTIARY ought to work just fine. Obviously for it to be effective one needs to make sure teams have coherent color combinations for the colors called by TEXT_TERTIARY and the background field, so it's not exactly plug and play for Play Now Online or anything, but for custom rosters where you can manage your team colors it should be fine.

Hey do you have the link for that thread where you explain how to mess with that coding? I tried opening up that file with a text viewer and it was all jibberish characters.
Check out my mods and more here and send me and request for NBA 2k or Madden uniforms/courts/fields =>https://befroobworld.com/
froob

Postby froob on Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:17 am

vetmin wrote:
bongo88 wrote:
vetmin wrote:Yes. You just replace an existing string in TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA with the code for a colored tricode (following the syntax 2K uses, which you can deduce from looking at other variable strings; see the list of strings provided by looyh in my hex thread), then swap the hash for that string into your NewScorebug.VCUIELEMENT (i.e., in place of the existing tricode hash). Do this for both home and away and you're good.

You ever sit in class, teacher says something, and you KNOW that everybody don't understand, but nobody wants to raise their hand? haha, i never cared, always asked the question, and usually a collective sigh from the class... lol
welp, i don't understand... course, i am super sleepy and this might make more sense in the morning. anyways, a clearer example would be cool... you can do over PM to me or just post it here...

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be obtuse; for the sake of time I just wanted to do as little tutorializing as possible. Basically if you look at what looyh posted in my thread, it's a bunch of 4-byte reference codes for strings within TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA (within english.iff). See my old tutorial for 2K22 in that same thread for info on how to work with these codes. All I'm saying is to craft your own variable by following the syntax 2K uses in all its other variables (the all-caps, bracketed fields), which is easy to get a feel for thanks to looyh's list, which consolidates them all in one place. So, for instance, the variables in the default game that color a text with a team color (for instance the team names and records in the default titlecard) use the tag "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:TEXT_TERTIARY}" (or "TEAM_AWAY") which is closed off by "|RESTORE_COLOR|" (i.e., to turn off the team coloring once the enclosed text is finished). Elsewhere you can observe that tricodes are called by "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:NAME:SHORT}" (or TEAM_AWAY). So by putting these together you can achieve the desired effect: "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:TEXT_TERTIARY}{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:NAME:SHORT}|RESTORE_COLOR|"

Then you just choose an existing string of that length (ideally one that is useless and doesn't have much text that could potentially interfere with other in-game text, so try to avoid stuff that has words like "offense," "defense," "shot," "point guard," etc.) and overwrite it with the above. So for instance the custom variable is the same length as "Sports IllustratedTM is a tradekmark of ABG-SI LLC. (C)ABG-SI LLC. sportsillustrated.com" at location BBFA03FD, so for the screenshot below I went in and overwrote that with "{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:TEXT_TERTIARY}{0:PT_SUBJECT:TEAM_HOME:NAME:SHORT}|RESTORE_COLOR|". Then I rerouted the tricode in NewScorebug.VCUIELEMENT to the location of that new variable (i.e., what was originally Sports Illustrated text).

EDIT: Forgot to note that, while I haven't tried it, it wouldn't surprise me if changing TEXT_TERTIARY to TEXT_PRIMARY or TEXT_SECONDARY works as well. There are no default variables with that usage, but it's a logical extension that may work and would allow more freedom re: which color to assign. Ultimately not that important though since TEXT_TERTIARY ought to work just fine. Obviously for it to be effective one needs to make sure teams have coherent color combinations for the colors called by TEXT_TERTIARY and the background field, so it's not exactly plug and play for Play Now Online or anything, but for custom rosters where you can manage your team colors it should be fine.

Hey do you have the link for that thread where you explain how to mess with that coding? I tried opening up that file with a text viewer and it was all jibberish characters.

Edit: figured this out
Last edited by froob on Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my mods and more here and send me and request for NBA 2k or Madden uniforms/courts/fields =>https://befroobworld.com/
froob

Postby froob on Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:42 am

vetmin wrote:
bongo88 wrote:

How do you get the numbers edited as well? Is that a separate hash that must be changed?

And when you say location…do you mean address? Am I just copy and pasting the haste to replace the instances of tricode_home.txt?
froob

Postby vetmin on Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:45 pm

m1onthebeat wrote:
vetmin wrote:Here's the Lakers too, for something with a non-blue BG color, in case it's helpful to see a different color scheme.

EDIT: And just to be clear, I haven't made a version of this scoreboard with this functionality (currently I'm in retro land so not really using or modding modern stuff right now), I'm just pointing out that it's totally doable. You just gotta follow the general principles I explained and apply them to all relevant text fields (I guess just the tricodes and scores, right?).

Do someone manage to do this and can send me the updated scoreboard with tricode colors ?

Mahmood is working on it, I think.
vetmin

Postby vetmin on Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:15 pm

vetmin wrote:
m1onthebeat wrote:

Turns out there was a little more to it (see here -> viewtopic.php?f=279&t=114858#p2078488), but in any case I went ahead and did it myself. Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vxu8dtgy ... g.zip/file

vetmin_den2k_espn.jpg

It is DEN2K's v3 ESPN board with edits to only two files: NewScorebug.VCUIELEMENT (within newscorebug.iff) and TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA (a file within english.iff, not originally touched by DEN2K, so I've included a default english.iff with only that file modded; if you use a custom english.iff already, then drag the standalone TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA file into your custom english.iff). On the off chance that you use a custom english.iff that includes an already modded TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA (it is typically not touched by most modders), then my modded TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA will overwrite those previous edits. Also, to enable the color changing, I had to sacrifice some text from online modes; mostly stuff like "Talk to so-and-so on the Platinum Deck." Disable this mod when playing MyCareer, MyTeam, MyPark, or whatever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vetmin

Postby vetmin on Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:28 pm

Some more color combos:

vetmin_den2k_espn2.png

Obviously, the colors are loaded from the assigned team colors, which you can edit via 2K Tools. If you don't like the color combo for a particular team (and indeed some of them are not good combos, like the Blazers), just swap the team's colors around in 2K Tools to a combo you like.

EDIT: Correction -- ...which you can FOR SOME TEAMS edit in 2K Tools. Works as expected for some, but for others you have to actually change the team colors the in-game way (i.e., Team Branding or whatever it's called). The act of doing it in-game apparently triggers something that tells the game that it changed. No idea why it's like this for some teams but not for others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vetmin on Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vetmin

Postby froob on Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 pm

vetmin wrote:
vetmin wrote:
m1onthebeat wrote:

Turns out there was a little more to it (see here -> viewtopic.php?f=279&t=114858#p2078488), but in any case I went ahead and did it myself. Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vxu8dtgy ... g.zip/file

vetmin_den2k_espn.jpg

It is DEN2K's v3 ESPN board with edits to only two files: NewScorebug.VCUIELEMENT (within newscorebug.iff) and TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA (a file within english.iff, not originally touched by DEN2K, so I've included a default english.iff with only that file modded; if you use a custom english.iff already, then drag the standalone TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA file into your custom english.iff). On the off chance that you use a custom english.iff that includes an already modded TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA (it is typically not touched by most modders), then my modded TEXT.VCLOCALIZEDATA will overwrite those previous edits. Also, to enable the color changing, I had to sacrifice some text from online modes; mostly stuff like "Talk to so-and-so on the Platinum Deck." Disable this mod when playing MyCareer, MyTeam, MyPark, or whatever.

Sick! Thanks so much!
froob

Postby JT_Bourbon on Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:13 pm

vetmin wrote:Some more color combos:

vetmin_den2k_espn2.png

Obviously, the colors are loaded from the assigned team colors, which you can edit via 2K Tools. If you don't like the color combo for a particular team (and indeed some of them are not good combos, like the Blazers), just swap the team's colors around in 2K Tools to a combo you like.

The PHX font color stays orange no matter what team colors are selected
JT_Bourbon

Postby vetmin on Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:19 pm

JT_Bourbon wrote:
vetmin wrote:Some more color combos:

vetmin_den2k_espn2.png

The PHX font color stays orange no matter what team colors are selected

Now introducing... the Phoenix Hornets!

thephoenixhornets.png

The issue is that apparently the game doesn't fully register color changes for some teams unless you actually make them in-game.
vetmin

Postby froob on Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:31 am

Wouldn’t mind if somebody did the color mod for the TNT too (and possibly nba tv). Being greedy here just love how the color look!
froob

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding