NBA 2k23 Modding for Steam Deck Official Guide

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K23 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA 2k23 Modding for Steam Deck Official Guide

Postby froob on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:49 am

Hey all,

I wrote up a guide using info I read here (I give credit in the guide) wanted to share it here so people had access to find it. Happy modding and let me know if there's anything I should change, thanks!

And if anybody else deserves credit for this that I am unaware of, I will happily credit them as well.

Guide is here on my website - https://befroobworld.com/home/
Last edited by froob on Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my mods and more here and send me and request for NBA 2k or Madden uniforms/courts/fields =>https://befroobworld.com/
froob

Re: NBA 2k23 Modding for Steam Deck Official Guide

Postby froob on Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:02 am

Alternately, you can do this as well, I haven't tried and not sure what forum this is from (maybe here?), but I am told this works as well:

Check out my mods and more here and send me and request for NBA 2k or Madden uniforms/courts/fields =>https://befroobworld.com/
froob

Postby OldMan40 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:26 am

Hey everyone. I got that wine override trick from a youtube video on how to get mods to work in GTA 5 on Steam Deck. In the comments, someone mentioned it also worked for NBA 2K22. So I tried it. It works flawlessly for both NBA 2k22 and 2K23.
OldMan40

Postby froob on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:29 am

OldMan40 wrote:Hey everyone. I got that wine override trick from a youtube video on how to get mods to work in GTA 5 on Steam Deck. In the comments, someone mentioned it also worked for NBA 2K22. So I tried it. It works flawlessly for both NBA 2k22 and 2K23.

Dope works for GTA as well? Thanks!
froob

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:16 am

Dope thread thanks for the official writeup
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby bikerjimuk on Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:33 am

froob wrote:Alternately, you can do this as well, I haven't tried and not sure what forum this is from (maybe here?), but I am told this works as well:

[ Image ]

Just tried this before doing the proton tricks thing and it works fine for me, I can see my crowd mods!!! Yay!
bikerjimuk

Postby OldMan40 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:48 am

froob wrote:
OldMan40 wrote:Hey everyone. I got that wine override trick from a youtube video on how to get mods to work in GTA 5 on Steam Deck. In the comments, someone mentioned it also worked for NBA 2K22. So I tried it. It works flawlessly for both NBA 2k22 and 2K23.

Dope works for GTA as well? Thanks!

Yes it does!!! You're welcome!!
OldMan40

Postby OldMan40 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:49 am

bikerjimuk wrote:
froob wrote:Alternately, you can do this as well, I haven't tried and not sure what forum this is from (maybe here?), but I am told this works as well:

[ Image ]

Just tried this before doing the proton tricks thing and it works fine for me, I can see my crowd mods!!! Yay!

Awesome!!
OldMan40

Postby cujomatty on Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:20 am

I have my Steam Deck dual booted with Windows 10 and tbh i use Windows way more. NBA 2k23 is one of the few games I stick to SteamOS on and here is why:

There is a mod manager named JSGME which stands for JonesSoft generic mod enabler.it allows you to easily swap mods with a touch of a button. This comes in real handy if you want to use multiple network mods or extra alt uniforms or courts etc.....

Why its awesome on steamOS is because if you add JSGME as a non steam game to steam you can hit the steam button right before a game and open JSGME while you are in the uniform selection screen(just as an example. Technically you can do it anywhere) and swap out any mods while still in the game and not have to reboot it. So for example I can change TNT presentation to ESPN presentation right before i start a gane without having to exit the game. After i select the mods in JSGME i close it and it goes back into nba2k wherever i left off.

You just have to make sure you config JSGME controller buttons in steam to have the steam deck control like a mouse while using jsgme.
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby froob on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:48 am

froob wrote:Hey all,

I wrote up a guide using info I read here (I give credit in the guide) wanted to share it here so people had access to find it. Happy modding and let me know if there's anything I should change, thanks!

And if anybody else deserves credit for this that I am unaware of, I will happily credit them as well.

New release, I’ll just post the Google drive link as it will update,

If you have questions probably quickest way is to get me on discord (it’s in the guide)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K7d48X ... p=drivesdk
froob

Postby Shuajota on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:38 am

Thanks for that. I will try it on my Deck later.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby froob on Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:57 am

cujomatty wrote:I have my Steam Deck dual booted with Windows 10 and tbh i use Windows way more. NBA 2k23 is one of the few games I stick to SteamOS on and here is why:

There is a mod manager named JSGME which stands for JonesSoft generic mod enabler.it allows you to easily swap mods with a touch of a button. This comes in real handy if you want to use multiple network mods or extra alt uniforms or courts etc.....

Why its awesome on steamOS is because if you add JSGME as a non steam game to steam you can hit the steam button right before a game and open JSGME while you are in the uniform selection screen(just as an example. Technically you can do it anywhere) and swap out any mods while still in the game and not have to reboot it. So for example I can change TNT presentation to ESPN presentation right before i start a gane without having to exit the game. After i select the mods in JSGME i close it and it goes back into nba2k wherever i left off.

You just have to make sure you config JSGME controller buttons in steam to have the steam deck control like a mouse while using jsgme.

Dope! I will explore this when I get a second and add it to the guide and credit you if I add it in, thanks!
froob

Postby LbCYa562 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Mods were working up until I updated Hook to 0.0.19 now no mods work, can't edit players, no Players on the team matchup screen etc. All I did was replace all the files. Anyone else having this issue?
LbCYa562

Postby froob on Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:19 am

LbCYa562 wrote:Mods were working up until I updated Hook to 0.0.19 now no mods work, can't edit players, no Players on the team matchup screen etc. All I did was replace all the files. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope, still having issues?
froob

Postby tren10x on Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:05 am

cujomatty wrote:I have my Steam Deck dual booted with Windows 10 and tbh i use Windows way more. NBA 2k23 is one of the few games I stick to SteamOS on and here is why:

Thanks for sharing this Cujo. How were you able to get this to work successfully on the steam deck via steamOS? I put the exe in the game folder and mods show up when I run it but don’t work in game. It’s as if it moves the mods to the base folder instead of the mod folder, which I’m sure it’s intended to do but it isn’t working….

EDIT: NVMD. Figured it out. All working properly. If anyone needs assistance with this in the future, I’d be willing to help you.
tren10x

Postby deanwayne101 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:56 am

tren10x wrote:

Thanks for sharing this Cujo. How were you able to get this to work successfully on the steam deck via steamOS? I put the exe in the game folder and mods show up when I run it but don’t work in game. It’s as if it moves the mods to the base folder instead of the mod folder, which I’m sure it’s intended to do but it isn’t working….

EDIT: NVMD. Figured it out. All working properly. If anyone needs assistance with this in the future, I’d be willing to help you.

protontricks dosent esist anymore on steam , any other ways to get it to work
deanwayne101

Postby bikerjimuk on Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:35 pm

the command line windll bit mentioned in the 2nd post should work fine without proton tricks.
bikerjimuk

Postby lawaii92 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:50 am

I’m having trouble getting the steam deck to run any mods i downloaded hook installed and also put the code in the launch options.

But none of my arenas or lighting shows up:( and I can’t even activate hook at all it only asks me when I first boot the game am I sure I want to use it
lawaii92

Postby LbCYa562 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:37 am

lawaii92 wrote:I’m having trouble getting the steam deck to run any mods i downloaded hook installed and also put the code in the launch options.

But none of my arenas or lighting shows up:( and I can’t even activate hook at all it only asks me when I first boot the game am I sure I want to use it
Yup, few weeks ago everything was good. They dropped season 6 and killed it. I cant get player editor, cyberfaces or player models working.
LbCYa562

Postby LbCYa562 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:05 am

froob wrote:
LbCYa562 wrote:Mods were working up until I updated Hook to 0.0.19 now no mods work, can't edit players, no Players on the team matchup screen etc. All I did was replace all the files. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope, still having issues?

Just saw this my bad, I ended up getting them to work for a bit until the Season 6 Update. The game would crash after seconds or minutes, as of yesterday I can't figure out any mods, player models, Player Hair or player editor. Nothings working, all bad lol
LbCYa562

Postby lawaii92 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:39 am

Darn, hope it’s fixed soon.

It was so strange because I did everything, or so I thought and nothing would show up. I would see the the pop up box before the game loaded on steam asking if you are sure you want to use hook. But it would be in a box and font from like windows 98 lol. Wouldn’t even give me an option to click yes or no. So I would hit enter on my keyboard and that would make the message go away. But I tried just putting in one Knicks court I downloaded and nothing would show up it was like It didnt even register.

Looking to see if someone who has their working could assist:)
lawaii92

Postby froob on Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:28 am

Hey all,

Don’t update to the latest version of 2k hook. Use an old exe and the previous version of hook. DM me if you need either or better yet on discord froob#0988
froob

Postby LbCYa562 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:21 am

Message sent
LbCYa562

Postby froob on Fri May 05, 2023 3:01 am

LbCYa562 wrote:Message sent

Updated guide, some people seem to be getting banned for using old .exe, looyh posted a way to bypass the Windows prompt, click my website and then steam deck guide, first page shows how to do it.
froob

Postby deanwayne101 on Fri May 05, 2023 10:34 am

just install windows on the deck , once u do that u dont have to worry, u can get everything to work
deanwayne101

Next

Return to NBA 2K23 Modding