March Modness 2023 Tips Off Today

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

March Modness 2023 Tips Off Today

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:11 am

Welcome to March here at the NLSC, and the sixth annual March Modness! In case you’re unfamiliar with the event, throughout the month of March, we’re celebrating our modding community. Needless to say, modding is a big part of what we do all year round, but March Modness is a time to reflect on the hobby, and get even more productive and creative!

As usual, this also includes a giveaway. If you upload a mod for any basketball game to our Downloads section during March, and include “March Modness” in the description, you’re automatically in the draw to win a copy of NBA 2K24 PC later this year (full terms and conditions can be found below). Congratulations once again to last year’s winner, kobedurant!

You’ll also want to keep an eye out for my regular features throughout the month. I’ll be discussing some topics related to modding in Monday Tip-Off and The Friday Five, as well as taking a look back at some classic mods and modding tools in Wayback Wednesday. I’ve also got a couple of mod releases of my own lined up, and will be spending some further time in the “workshop”.

I’m looking forward to celebrating modding, seeing what our talented community creates, and getting in on the fun myself throughout March. A big thanks as always to everyone who contributes to our modding community!

NLSC March Modness Contest Terms & Conditions

• One winner will be selected. The prize is a copy of the Standard Edition of NBA 2K24 PC.
  • The winner will be selected at random, and all decisions are final. If a participant is disqualified, banned, or otherwise unreachable, a new winner will be selected.
  • To enter, participants must release at least one new mod during the month of March 2023, and include the term “March Modness” in the description.
  • Mods can be for any basketball game (on any platform) that can feasibly be modded, including retro titles.
  • To qualify for the contest, mods must be uploaded to the NLSC’s Downloads section. No ad links or external hosting is allowed; tip jar links are permitted.
  • Mods must remain in the database, and hosted by the NLSC. Removal of the mods or replacement with an external link will result in disqualification.
  • Each individual mod release counts for one entry in the contest, with a maximum of five entries per participant.
  • Entries may be updated with new versions (where applicable). Updated versions of the same mod do not earn another entry.
  • All releases must comply with community rules regarding permission, appropriate credits, and content. No stolen work, no charging for mods!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: March Modness 2023 Tips Off Today

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:03 pm

Congratulations to Pep, winner of this year's giveaway (no, I didn't forget we had a giveaway, despite the very late announcement)! Pep continues to do great work for NBA 2K14, and sets a great example for our community, so be sure to check out his stuff!

Thanks to everyone else who also uploaded work during March, and also continues to be a part of what we do here at the NLSC! Here's hoping for another great year of modding once NBA 2K24 is released.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard