MyNBA Era Project for NBA Live 06

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Re: MyNBA Era Project for NBA Live 06

Postby Murat on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:26 pm

There is a tool for importing or exporting EBO files, but kind of limited. However it is way better than EBO Editor or OEDit, as it allows export/import to 3D programs
https://wasserlasser.com/forum/index.ph ... eboviewer/

Using that I tried to edit the net, it worked

but animation is messed up.

But if that's not a problem then it can be published.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:48 pm

I always used the net from NBA Live 07 in NBA Live 06 (well, after it came out and we were able to swap it back in, obviously). It fixed the weird swish texture/model and while it isn't the best net in all of basketball games, it's an improvement on 06's original one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:17 pm

So I contacted the developer of the NEBOViewer, Akshag. He told me how to use the tool correctly.

With his advice I fixed the net model, now animation works properly.

Here is the download link.

Net Model Patch
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:47 am

That's awesome, great job!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 am

Nice words, thanks.

My next step was making the game widescreen. But so far I couldn't do anything. I tried to change some values with Hex editing, but no results.

However I found how to run the game in Windowed Mode. This finally makes it windowed, check step 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDUza9YRDKE
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Murat on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:14 pm

The second bulletin;

• Headline: The script that will convert 2K14 players to NBA Live 06 is %70 done, players.dbf generation is almost complete. It can autogenerate dunk package, destiny, and some more stuff with 2K14 attributes. appearances.dbf generations are not started yet. College, nickname, team databases are created.
  • Meanwhile I started researching speech IDs when I saw that at tail end of players.dbf. I found a lot of retro players. I will add them with nick_collison's speech updates.
  • Turns out that some IDs were missing. 67 players from NBA Live 2003 and NBA Live 2001 speech files are be imported.
  • I also succeeded to extract sound files from NBA Live 99 and NBA Live 98. This will give at least 61 new players.
  • I started making 2048x2048 courts using kodrinsky's court images. Hawks and Hornets have their set complete between 1984-2006. I will make more as time progresses.
  • The last update is that I created more missing jerseys. v1 version of MyNBA Eras will have all courts and jerseys updated.
    ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Murat on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:58 am

Great to see!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:01 am

3rd Weekly Bulletin;

• Imported 120 players speech data from Live 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and 2003.
  • I will import 50 more players from Live 98 and 99, some names are Matt Steigenga, Benoit Benjamin, Kevin Duckworth...
  • The script for players.dbf is almost done. Only feature left to add is Speech ID.
  • Made courts for Boston, Charlotte, Philadelphia and Washington.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:44 pm

I should have some more time over the holiday season as my weekly features are currently scheduled/prepared in advance, so I'll see what I can contribute. As I've said, I'd love to ease back into some modding.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:36 pm

Here is the first video of MyNBA Era Project.

It is 1984-85 Boston Celtics @ 1984-85 Philadelphia 76ers.

Custom court, no faces added. More uniforms will be added in near future. First release will have 3 seasons with complete jersey and court updates.

Here is what I want to be noticed:
- Accessories are updated
- Correct skintones
- Ratings are accurate and overall calculation is near to Live 06's
- Short shorts

phpBB [video]
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:41 pm

Nicely done!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KingTav9920 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:16 pm

Can't wait to see more updates in the future!! :mrgreen: :bowdown2:
KingTav9920

Postby Murat on Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:28 am

4th Weekly Bulletin;

• The first version of script is complete. However it needs revisions such as assigning random faces for players that has no custom CF, rating adjustments
  • Speaking of players with no CFs, I need to make a database for players that has CFs so the skintones can be changed according to CFs skintone. In first version, Andrew Toney had skin color 4, but his face was 5, so I had to manually change it. This will also be automatized.
  • I plan to make an universal coaches.dbf file that has all coach data between 1985-2006. Only the team IDs would change by season.
  • Also created courts for Chicago, Cleveland and Sacramento.
I will publish demo for 1984-85 season with 4 teams and accurate artworks: Boston, Denver, L.A. Lakers and Philadelphia, when the minor fixes are done.

Then I plan to make a sheet of what is missing and how people can contribute.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Murat on Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:39 am

5th Weekly Bulletin;

• I started working on the cyberface database. Added players from Paxson-for-5's retro project, BAYAG's projects, Tony Divence's and adapted all of the .fsh files for 2006 with scripting. Also added players from NBA Live 2005. Now I have a 1134-player database for players between 1984-2006, with some players having different ID's for multiple versions (eg. bald Kobe, afro Kobe, old Kobe). PlayerPKG will be assigned from this little database. So that we can have multiple versions of players at once.
  • More uniforms and courts are created.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:25 am

I honestly can't wait to try this out when it is complete.

Great work.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:19 am

6th Weekly Bulletin;

• Completed first batch of rosters. Ratings of centers are sadly butchered but their stats are fine. They should do well regardless. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was 75 while Wayne Cooper was 72. But in URB rosters, Abdul-Jabbar is 7th overall at Center ratings while Wayne Cooper is 11th. IMO gameplay is important instead of overalls. Because other overalls look really good. Robert Parish is a 79, Kevin McHale is a 83. There are either very few +90 players, or none.
  • Now I need to complete all of the courts available and update all of the jerseys, so I can make the first release.
  • I found a "BACK TO GAME" navigation in EA Sports Online file. We need to find how to manipulate data inputs, menus etc. If we can then it might be possible to boot up a game with throwing a request, similar to multiplayer approach where you make a request to 3D engine.

So here are the first needs I have for this patch to grow to new, unseen heights:
  • Volunteers to find minimum 2048x2048 court textures for teams post 2007. I downloaded 4096 px width images from Flickr which looked beautiful when importing. But it looks like they removed 4k from site inspection. Now we can only view 2048 px width.
  • Portraits. Good quality of portraits, some I found over the years look average. They can be improved obviously.
  • Face making is not a priority as I can assign generic faces. A lot of are already made for other games and they can be easily converted with some batch hex editing.
  • Volunteers to investigate game files. It can be anything. aiact, animations, speeches, music, etc. Any help is appreciated! First we need to inject a hook on our own to game to modify whatever is inside game. There are some other projects made for other years in recent years that allows users to do a lot of stuff. Maybe we can even work on a managerial simulation, then pick data, inject it into 3D engine, boot up the game, play, then import the boxscore into simulation. Think of a better Dynasty mode with 3D engine of NBA Live. Someone is already working on this for FIFA 16.

I am planning to establish a Discord channel for people who would like to be serious contributors to this project. I would like to also remind that I don't rush for dates, this is a project made for both fun and self-development, this is a hobby after all.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:10 am

Exciting stuff!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:09 am

7th Weekly Bulletin;

• 1984-85 roster is done and available to play in-game. However there are missing stuff.
  • Courts are 90% done. At least courts for seasons until 1987-88 are done.
  • Jerseys are not done. I need to create some of them for v1 release.
  • Portraits are a big gap. Quality photos are needed.
  • Oh by the way, here is a preview video for 1984-85 season.

phpBB [video]

If you want to contribute to this project, please contact me privately so I can add you to a private Discord channel made for only contributors.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby advinXcola on Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:19 pm

Murat wrote:So I contacted the developer of the NEBOViewer, Akshag. He told me how to use the tool correctly.

With his advice I fixed the net model, now animation works properly.

[ Image ]

Here is the download link.

Net Model Patch

Hi Murat.. Did you know how to correctly open playerIobB.ebo in this tool?
advinXcola

Postby Murat on Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:57 pm

No, I didn't use it for players yet, but I saw you made a patch for Derrick Rose back then, how did it happen?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby advinXcola on Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:10 am

Murat wrote:No, I didn't use it for players yet, but I saw you made a patch for Derrick Rose back then, how did it happen?

Yes I did that. I used hair.ebo (can open to neboviewer) converted to headshape. But It took me a lot of time to do.
advinXcola

Postby Murat on Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:57 am

That sounds great. Long term I think we need faces too. Would you like to contribute to this project?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby advinXcola on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:14 am

Murat wrote:That sounds great. Long term I think we need faces too. Would you like to contribute to this project?

Sorry I can't promise. Let see if I can.
advinXcola

Postby Murat on Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:34 am

I liked your first response. I don't rush anyone to do anything. This is a long-term project that I am working on and has no deadlines. Feel free to contribute, anytime.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tinpanalley on Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:33 pm

Just reading about this for the first time. Is this really happening?
In the meantime, do any of this era of PC Live games have decent updated rosters?
tinpanalley

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 06