Running plays for left-handed shooters

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Running plays for left-handed shooters

Postby Breems on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:10 pm

From some in-game testing and common sense, my assumption is that lefties usually drift to the left wing on offense. This is causing issues for me in terms of play-calling for a lefty SG. For example, Shooter A and Shooter B are excellent plays for getting an open 3-pointer; however, the shooter in those plays is always the player on the right wing regardless of position or 3PT skill.

1. Is there a way to reverse/flip the orientation of a set play?
2. If not, is there an easy trick for forcing my lefty SG onto the right wing prior to running the play? I can take control and manually run him over there and let the offense reset, but that takes precious time off the clock.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to comb through the playbook and find plays that are specifically designed for the left wing player, but I wanted to check here first. I checked the Raptors' and Bucks' playbook since they have lefty SGs and found at least 1 play that works (Single Double), but it's one of those frustrating ones that's slow to develop and thus causes a lot of 3-second violations.

Perhaps I'm thinking about this all wrong in the first place.
Breems
Back in my day...

Re: Running plays for left-handed shooters

Postby Breems on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Another way of phrasing it: What's the most reliable way to run a play for a particular player?
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Unfortunately I can't suggest any specific plays off the top of my head, but I think the solution you've described is probably going to be the most effective approach. It's another case of older games being a bit primitive in the AI/mechanics department; the plays don't really have a lot of branching options, and aren't as effective as they should be. Failing that, as you noted, the Off-Ball Control is another solution when your CPU-controlled teammates just aren't getting into proper position.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:49 pm

Sounds about right, thanks for the suggestion.
Breems
Back in my day...

Return to NBA Live 06