Offdefinit DBF file

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Offdefinit DBF file

Postby Wudlock on Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:43 pm

What is the purpose?
Does somebody know?
If we change something in it, will we change also something in the game-play itself?
Wudlock

Re: Offdefinit DBF file

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:21 am

I don't recall anyone ever doing any work with it. At a glance, it's hard to say what it does, but I'm not sure that it would affect gameplay. It seems to refer to ratings, so it could be a development modifier or something along those lines.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Wudlock on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't recall anyone ever doing any work with it. At a glance, it's hard to say what it does, but I'm not sure that it would affect gameplay. It seems to refer to ratings, so it could be a development modifier or something along those lines.

I came to the conclusion that this is an initiative (as the name says-offdefINIT) that shows us which player has the advantage over the action (rebounds in offense, defense, how offensive player is, etc...).
I tried to play around with that file a bit.
I set all values to true (deleted-False/true).
I also put everything to true in the dbf file defplays and plays.dbf, and I noticed that the AI (computer) players behave differently on the field.
Better ball distribution.
The team stars play the way the stars should.
So far, everything is in testing phase.
I'll let you know what are the impressions after playing more matches.
Wudlock

Postby Wudlock on Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:55 pm

Definitely have the influence on the game the settings in DBF's I changed, but the quick plays (scoring PF, power C, Shooter A, etc...) still have a much bigger impact. (Also my sliders have big impact on game (I can post it in here on forum if anybody have interested in sliders that work only for CPU VS CPU)).
I also tried to change them (in DBF commander), delete them, more accurately put it to True instead of False but in that case everything switches to Balance game and then all teams play the same.
In older versions of the game (NBA Live 2003, 2004) there was no playmap.dbf and the game looked much better (Novitzki, Lafrentz, Antoine Walker ... shoot more three points).
But in 2004 there was another problem - there were no mid shots.
In 2003 problem is too much blocks and very fast game (on a PC).
Wudlock

Return to NBA Live 06