Dynamic play

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Dynamic play

Postby Wudlock on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 pm

I found something amazing in teams dbf. The last column is called pcvsdyn. Its value is 60. If we change it to 0, we get a dynamic play. Then finally the team stars start playing like stars. Try to do this yourself and you will see a huge change in the gameplay of teams. It's like they have completely different AI.
Wudlock

Re: Dynamic play

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:03 pm

Interesting, definitely worth a try. I guess we can assume that it means "Playcalling vs Dynamic Play", with higher values resulting in more Playcalling, and lower values resulting in more dynamic offenses being run.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Wudlock on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:23 am

Andrew wrote:Interesting, definitely worth a try. I guess we can assume that it means "Playcalling vs Dynamic Play", with higher values resulting in more Playcalling, and lower values resulting in more dynamic offenses being run.

Yes, I forgot to mention that pcvsdyn probably means Playcalling vs Dynamic Play. Playcalling in nba live 06 has proven to be bad so far. Let's say if we take Boston or Cleveland as an example, there we will always see SG take the most shots even though there are the stars of the team at SF position. With this change I made, this is no longer the case. Of course, there are games where non key players sometimes play a key role, but that's just like in real life, right?
Wudlock

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:37 am

Very true. I imagine the Primacy recalculation will cause issues here, but that'll be the case regardless of that value.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Wudlock on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:49 am

Andrew wrote:Very true. I imagine the Primacy recalculation will cause issues here, but that'll be the case regardless of that value.

Exactly.
I tried playing with Primacy before but it absolutely did not affect the game.
Let's say if I traded Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony to New York, Carmelo would play his game but Amare would always be left with small numbers. He would be some fourth or fifth option on the team. The main roll in New York is SF followed by SG and PG. After this change to Teams.dbf I made this is no longer the case.
Now we can play dynasty and trade player and he will play a significant role in that team if he is a star (of course).
Wudlock

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 am

I've seen Primacy have an effect before, in simulation if nothing else, so it is important in that regard. Obviously there are other things to tweak for gameplay, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Wudlock on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 pm

Andrew wrote:I've seen Primacy have an effect before, in simulation if nothing else, so it is important in that regard. Obviously there are other things to tweak for gameplay, though.

Yes, it's fine for simulation, but for gameplay (cpu controled teams) so far I've found this change in teams.dbf to have the best effect.
I've been trying to change aiact before. I also tried to change the playmap and various other things but nothing but this, so far, has not produced good results.
Wudlock

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:27 am

Well, good to have this discovery moving forward. It's cool that discoveries like that are still being made after all this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Wudlock on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:36 am

Andrew wrote:Well, good to have this discovery moving forward. It's cool that discoveries like that are still being made after all this time.

(Y)
Wudlock

Return to NBA Live 06