NBA Live 06 for Xbox 360 Sliders: Optimising Retro Gaming

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

NBA Live 06 for Xbox 360 Sliders: Optimising Retro Gaming

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:38 pm

As you may have heard in Episode #399 of the NLSC Podcast, Dee4Three and I have been playing NBA Live 06 for Xbox 360 recently. As it's looking like it may be a new retro kick for us, we've both been investigating some slider tweaks for optimal gameplay performance. Obviously NBA Live 06 is sixteen years old as of this post, but I thought that I'd start this topic for any of our fellow retro basketball gamers that would like to revisit the game, and tweak it for a better experience.

One of the key improvements that Dee has identified is increasing the Game Speed to 85. This makes the players less sluggish on the break, and allows for more explosiveness. Whatever tweaks you make, that's a great place to start. I've been enjoying playing the game with that setting, and have also made some tweaks to the boundary force field to minimise cheap turnovers through inadvertently stepping out of bounds, as well as fatigue effect and CPU substitution frequency for better rotations, especially on longer quarter settings.

Aside from Game Speed which comes from Dee, these are just my suggestions based on games against the CPU and my experiments so far. They're also subject to change as I continue to tinker with the sliders. Moving forward, I'd like to revisit other games and suggest slider tweaks and whatnot, as well as provide some tutorials for getting the older PC releases to run. With that being said, here are the sliders that I've been using for NBA Live 06 on Xbox 360!

Global Settings

User Settings

Note: Setting the Substitution Frequency to zero disables automatic substitutions. If you want auto subs, try setting it to at least 50.

CPU Settings

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 06 for Xbox 360 Sliders: Optimising Retro Gaming

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:11 am

Love this.

85 game speed is key.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 06