Basketball Classics

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Re: Basketball Classics

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:10 am

Awesome! (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby cujomatty on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:35 pm

I made a couple videos with download links in the description for some mods I have made.

First one is for the CEBL Canadian Elite Basketball League:

phpBB [video]

This one is for the complete 2020 mod. I edited the rosters using a 2020 projection site and added all 30 teams instead of just the playoff ones. I edited all the names as well as moved profile pics around to get a close player likeness for every player. I also added All star teams and created authentic courts for every team. Here is a video:

phpBB [video]
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Nice work!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:16 pm

v0.9.0 is out now: https://steamcommunity.com/games/819630 ... 7028758477

• Story Mode PLUS – So you’ve unlocked the Legends and beaten the Phantom 5. Do you have it in you to take on a second quest? Begin Story Mode+ and you’ll continue your travels through time as you unlock a new team of elite ballers: the Superstars.
  • Here Comes a New Challenger – Once you’ve unlocked the Superstars, you’ll have a target on your back. Several new teams are going to try to take you on. Win and you’ll not only unlock them in the “Story” roster, you’ll also unlock new arenas to choose from in any of your future matches.
  • Halftime Shows – We’ve hired several new performers for your entertainment. Get hyped with musicians, jugglers, and one of those big foam hands; many of them rocking the colors of the winning team.
  • Street Court – Our favorite arena has finally made it into the lineup, complete with a fresh, animated audience. We love the contrast created with this court and hope it enhances your experience.
  • Bug fixes and Minor Adjustments – We’ve finally added a longtime fan request: over and back violations. Make that ref blow his whistle to your heart’s content! Along with that, we’ve included several other minor changes and additions that add to your enjoyment of the game such as slightly increased player sizes, further AI tweaks, and a change to how the sparkle trails on the ball work. That one may sound insignificant, or even downright strange, but hear me out. In the past, the sparkle trail on the ball was only shown when the player released the shot with near-perfect release timing AND if the shot was gonna go in. Now, you’ll get the unicorn glitter for every perfect release regardless of shot success, so it won’t ruin the anticipation of “is it gonna land or not!?”
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:59 pm

The game is officially out of Early Access, with the launch of v1.0: https://steamcommunity.com/games/819630 ... 8839226290

• Steam achievements. Gotta get them all! 88 achievements for just about anything you can think of. Some are easy, some you’re gonna have to sweat for. Let’s see what you’ve got!
  • Tweaks, testing, tweaks, testing, clarifying things players don’t understand, tweaking formulas until things just feel right. Shot formulas, steal formulas, block formulas, play calling formulas, when things should happen and when they shouldn’t… it’s all a balancing game that hopefully adds up to more than the sum of its parts. Thanks for all your input and help in this area specifically.
  • AI improvements: defenders are more aware now of the threats their opponents pose, they’ll now be smarter about when to try stealing or when to guard a shooter more closely (dangerous shooter near the arc -> close in on him to reduce his chances of the long bomb, etc.)

Congratulations to Josh and Dave! It's been an honour and a lot of fun to be a small part of the journey. and great to see years of hard work come to fruition with such an awesome game!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Unfortunately, the game is too easy IMO even in "Legend" difficulty (i played only quick games vs CPU).
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:46 pm

Might be a suggestion to send along to them, to make Legend difficulty borderline unfair. The game does tend to be easier in exhibition play, with the difficulty ramping up in the Season and Story modes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:15 pm

From 1.0 announcement, I guess they read the forum.
Guys if you read, you should also add pump fake to the game :D

I have to play the story mode, i just watched the intro.
sticky-fingers

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:35 pm

My best friend who lives in Canada for years is in France for few weeks.
We played few games of Basketball Classics yersterday evening and it was so fun :D
sticky-fingers

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 am

Just finished the story and story + modes. Nice to unlock legends.
but the game is definitly too easy, NLSC team was the hardest to beat.

I feel that this is a good first bball game, very fun in local vs, but i think Namo Gamo could have make something even better.
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:10 am

v1.01 has been released: https://steamcommunity.com/games/819630 ... 8857120383

It's a small hotfix that reduces the amount of backcourt violations committed by the CPU, and also improves the warmup tutorial drills.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:12 am

The game is on sale until January 2nd
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:17 pm

v1.1.0 is out now.

• CPU play calling - this is a big one. The CPU now calls and enacts plays, making single-player matches much more interesting with the varied offensive strategies you'll have to defend against. Also works well as a training tool to teach new players how to use the different plays and when they might be effective.
  • CPU timeouts - cpu teams now have the wits to call timeouts appropriately, freezing the clock and moving them downcourt as they attempt to pull off clutch wins.
  • AI improvements - ranging from learning when to call timeouts and/or plays to being smarter about steal attempts, more accurately chasing the ball handler when attempting a steal, etc.
  • Increased difficulty - along with AI improvements and enhanced cpu abilities come difficulty enhancements that allow for longer replayability, especially at higher difficulty settings. Find techniques to beat the harder teams. Looking for a serious challenge? Season Mode on Legend is your jam.
  • Balancing - formula tweaks across the board to ensure things happen when you expect them to happen, nothing feels cheap, things just feel right. Feel, feel, feel.
  • Season standings - as requested by several users. Want to see how your team stacks up against the competition at any point in a season? Go into the League Leaders and change the VIEW selector to STANDINGS.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:50 am

Very nice!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:41 am

I tried last night, AI is definitly better and offers a better and real challenge (Y)
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Currently 50% off.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:38 am

v1.2.0 is out now! Release notes are as follows...

• Pump Fakes: By simply tapping the shoot button, you'll initiate the shooting animation but it will be cut short. Time it properly and your defender will be left airborne like a floating fool. The most effective technique with this new move however is to pump fake directly after a pass. Then, you can wait for the defenders to bite, and take off towards the hoop. Just like the savvy SG below:

• Quarter Breaks: After the warmup, quarter 1, and quarter 3, the game has displayed a few tips and tricks. Starting now, you'll have the chance to read from the instruction manual. After the quarter ends, the manual will crack open to a random page and you can get some serious insight. Find out how specific formulas work and improve your skills.

• Difficulty Improvements: After several comments in our forums and through our Discord channel, we have decided to pull back a little bit on the difficulty. Old school style doesn't have to mean old school difficulty! Now, you'll have the ability to run story mode with a regular human level skillset.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu May 28, 2020 5:58 pm

v1.2.1 is out now.

• Fixes issue where AI opponents can call a timeout at end of quarter that resumes the game incorrectly – such as when you're viewing the scoreboard stats at halftime ugh :)
  • Fixes issue with AI calling more timeouts than they should be allowed to call
  • Fixes issue preventing the Marksman achievement from being granted (thanks marshcave)
  • Fixes endgame credits after completing Story Mode +
  • Various other minor things
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu May 28, 2020 7:24 pm

They really improve the game with the last updates.
Hope they will add more seasons, more courts and customizations.
sticky-fingers

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Here's a quick game in Legends difficulty. CPU issue with backcourt violations seems back with the last update.

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:39 am

Another game in Legend mode and a special 8bit thumbnail :

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:21 am

FYI, v1.2.2 is out now: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 5539499277

It includes some fixes and 2020 season rosters. Additionally, we can expect roster editing tools to make their way into a future major release.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:27 pm

so cool they still work on it (Y)

Any idea on how many copies they sold ?
Steamdb isnt really accurate
Owner estimations
0 .. 20,000 by SteamSpy
2,140 .. 6,420 based on reviews
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:48 pm

V2.0 is out now, and it brings long-awaited roster editing functionality!

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:07 pm

Small update :
sticky-fingers

Previous

Return to Other Basketball Games