NBA Street Vol. 2 - Legendary Edition

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Rosters & Ratings by agent_michael_scarn
Graphics by agent_michael_scarn, and using modified or original files from Mazzocchi

I created a mod based off the amazing 2016 Remix made by johnz1 and Mazzochi. Most of this post was copied/edited from their mods post

This is a near complete update for the GameCube version of NBA Street Vol. 2. Special thanks to johnz1 and Mazzochi for creating the original mod of this game. Some features I kept as they were awesome additions, and/or i couldn't figure out how to update them (east/west all stars and usa/world team). Legendary players stats were created using 2Ks website, aside from some specific players, who were not available (Reggie Miller, Lamar Odom, and Charles Barkley Specifically

Here are the things that have been changed from the original 2003 game:
- Updated rosters (up to and including the 2020 Restart and legendary players)
- Updated player ratings (same overall ratings distribution as the original game)
- Updated jerseys including classic jerseys
- Updated team logos (original mod)
- Updated team apparel (shirts, shorts, headbands) (original mod)
- Added the 2016 All-Star teams (wasn't able to change from original mod)
- Added the USA and World teams (wasn't able to change from original mod)
- Replaced Charlotte with Philadelphia
- Replaced cyberfaces for a handful of players (original mod)
- Updated the ISO banner and info file (opening.bnr) (original mod)
- Replaced the GameCube controller graphics with Xbox 360 controller graphics (original mod)

=== INSTALLATION ===
This update requires that you own NBA Street Vol. 2 for GameCube and have an ISO file of the game. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE GAME OR THE ISO.

To play this game with the updated graphics, you must use the Dolphin emulator:
https://dolphin-emu.org/

I recommend using the latest development version because, at the time this was written, the latest stable release is over two years old.

To update the rosters and ratings, you must follow this process to extract all the game files, replace a few files, and recreate the ISO. This process requires the GCRebuilder utility:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/619/

1. Open GCRebuilder.
2. Click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Open".
3. Select the NBA Street Vol. 2 ISO file.
4. In the file browser on the right, right-click "root" and select "Export".
5. Choose a location to save the game files. This will only be a temporary location for these files.
6. In Windows, go to the "ISO Files" folder included in this package.
7. Copy everything in the "ISO Files" folder ("opening.bnr" and the "database" folder) and paste it into the folder where you previously exported the game files in step 5. If you did this correctly, you should be asked whether you want to overwrite the existing files. Choose yes.
8. In GCRebuilder, click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Close". Alternatively, you can simply close and re-open GCRebuilder.
9. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Open".
10. Select the folder that contains the game files that you exported in step 5 and modified in step 7.
11. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Save".
12. Choose a location to save the new ISO and type in a name for the new file (something like "NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix.iso").
13. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Rebuild".

At this point, you have a patched ISO but the graphics and the save game file need to be placed into the appropriate Dolphin directory in order to be loaded:

1. Locate Dolphin's "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory will be in your Documents folder, and the "User" will be inside that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. From the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this package, copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. WARNING: THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING DOLPHIN SAVE FILE.

By default, Dolphin does not enable custom textures. This option must be changed in the graphics settings:
1. Click the Options menu at the top and select "Graphics Settings"
2. Go to the "Advanced" tab
3. Check the box for "Load Custom Textures"

I also recommend the following graphics options:
- Aspect Ratio: Stretch to Window
- Widescreen Hack: Enabled
- Use Fullscreen: Enabled
- V-Sync: Enabled
- Hide Mouse Cursor: Enabled
- Internal Resolution: At least 2x (set higher if your system can handle it)

File Download Link
Last edited by agent_michael_scarn on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
agent_michael_scarn

Re: NBA Street Vol. 2 - Legendary Edition

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Rosters
Atlanta Hawks :Trae Young, Dikembe Mutombo, Doc Rivers, John Collins, Clint Capela

Boston Celtics: Jason Tatum, Kemba Walker, Robert Parish, Paul Pierce, Jaylen Brown

Chicago Bull: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, Zach Lavine

Cleveland Cavaliers: Kevin Love, Larry Nance, Ron Harper, Andre Drummond, Colin Sexton

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki, Luka Doncic, Kristaps Porzingis, Michael Finley, Seth Curry

Denver Nuggets: Nikola Jokic, Alex English, Jamal Murray, Will Barton, Michael Porter Jr

Brooklyn Nets: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Jason Kidd, Jarrett Allen, Dragen Petrovic

Detroit Pistons: Blake Griffin, Grant Hill, Derrick Rose, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups

Golden State Warriors: Stephen Curry, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Baron Davis

Houston Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon, James Harden, Yao Ming, Russell Westbrook, Robert Covington

Indiana Pacers: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose, Ron Artest, Victor Oladipo, Damontas Sabonis

Los Angeles Clippers: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Montrezl Harrell, Lamar Odom, Louis Williams

Los Angeles Lakers: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kyle Kuzma, Kobe Bryant, Gianna Bryant

Memphis Grizzlies: Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr., Mike Bibby, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol

Miami Heat: Dwayne Wade, Tim Hardaway, Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, Glen Rice

Milwaukee Bucks: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Giannis Antentokoumpo, Ray Allen, Khris Middleton, Eric Bledsoe

Minnesota Timberwolves: Kevin Garnett, Karl-Anthony Towns, Stephon Marbury, D’angelo Russell, Latrell Sprewell

New Orleans Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Jrue Holiday, Larry Johnson, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball

New York Knicks: Patrick Ewing, Bernard King, RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Julius Randle

OKC Thunder: Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Shai Gigleous Alexander, Chris Paul, Steven Adams

Orlando Magic: Shaquille O'neal, Penny Hardaway, Tracy McGrady, Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon

Philadelphia 76ers: Allen Iverson, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Andre Iguodala, Tobias Harris

Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash, Amare Staudemire, Charles Barkley, Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton

Portland Trailblazers : Damian lillard, CJ McCollum, Hassan Whiteside, Brandon Roy, Carmelo Anthony

Sacramento Kings: Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Buddy Hield, Vlade Divac, De'Aaron Fox

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Demar DeRozan

Utah Jazz: John Stockton, Karl Malone, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Golbert, Andrei Kirilenko

Toronto Raptors: Vince Carter, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Serge Ibaka

Washington Wizards: John Wall, Bradley Beal, Gilbert Arenas, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes
Last edited by agent_michael_scarn on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Great job!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SneakyDiquey on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm

This is awesome agent_michael_scarn! Can't wait to give this a go. Thanks for taking the time to update this for everyone.

I feel like we may have been going through the same feels in this pandemic and wanting to revive this game! I'm new to the forum, but I'm in the middle of planning an All-time update which seems to have a lot of crossover with this. Good to know there's still interest out there for it.

Would love to connect and bounce some ideas off you because it's a massive job for a noob. Right now I've been working on remastering the boot and loadscreen artwork because our eyes straight up deserve better in 2020, especially when playing it upscaled on a larger screen. I got mad Tony Hawk was getting a HD remake and the GOAT probably won't because of licensing issues.

With Dolphin available on iOS (through the Alt Store - no jailbreak required), it's way more accessible for people to play on the big screen. iPad Pro > USB-C dongle > HDMI cable > and it plays flawlessly upscaled in 4K. Haven't tested with older iPad models so not sure on that front, but keen to hear if anyone else has tried it.

Boot Screen_HD New_Resized.jpg

NBASV2_Load_Kobe_Resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SneakyDiquey

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:03 pm

Ayeeee amazing stuff amigo Ima have to set up dolphin for the first time in years to play this lol

Also that kobe boot up screen is legit, god damn :applaud:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby SexCurryBeats on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:48 am

bro this is so sick
SexCurryBeats
Contributor

Postby thadoughboy15 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:58 pm

This might be late but, Can anybody explain why my jerseys aren't reading correctly? When I start a pick up game and pick the bulls or celtics or whoever. The Names show up correctly but the players show up with the wrong jerseys on. I've done the steps over and over. I need help. Thanks.
thadoughboy15

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:10 am

thadoughboy15 wrote:This might be late but, Can anybody explain why my jerseys aren't reading correctly? When I start a pick up game and pick the bulls or celtics or whoever. The Names show up correctly but the players show up with the wrong jerseys on. I've done the steps over and over. I need help. Thanks.

To have dolphin utilize the custom textures open dolphin, and select the Graphics option> Advanced> Load Custom Textures. That tells dolphin to replace the old textures with the updated ones, so long as the texture folder is in the correct location

for the location you can look at this post for tips!

https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=92118
agent_michael_scarn

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:54 am

I'm planning on making another roster and jersey update following the NBA postseason. I've already made the Spurs "Fiesta" jerseys and the Trailblazers brown "Oregon" jerseys.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:05 am

LEGENDARY EDITION 2.0 is up! new players and jerseys

New players after the dash -
Atlanta Hawks :Trae Young, Dikembe Mutombo, Doc Rivers, Clint Capela ------------ Ernie Johnson (from tnt)

Boston Celtics: Jason Tatum, Kemba Walker, Robert Parish, Paul Pierce, Jaylen Brown

Chicago Bull: Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Zach Lavine ----------- Artis Gilmore

Cleveland Cavaliers: Kevin Love, Larry Nance, Ron Harper, Andre Drummond, Colin Sexton

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki, Luka Doncic, Kristaps Porzingis, Michael Finley - ------------Steve Nash

Denver Nuggets: Nikola Jokic, Alex English, Jamal Murray,Michael Porter Jr ---------- Mahmoud Abdul Rauf

Brooklyn Nets: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Jason Kidd, Dragen Petrovic - Derrick Coleman

Detroit Pistons: Blake Griffin, Grant Hill, Derrick Rose, Chauncey Billups -------- Ben Wallace

Golden State Warriors: Stephen Curry, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, Baron Davis ----------- James Wiseman

Houston Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon, James Harden, Yao Ming ---------- Kenny Smith, John Wall

Indiana Pacers: Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose, Ron Artest, Victor Oladipo, Damontas Sabonis

Los Angeles Clippers: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Lamar Odom ------- Elton Brand, Serge Ibaka

Los Angeles Lakers: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kobe Bryant, Gianna Bryant ----- Dennis Schroder

Memphis Grizzlies: Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr., Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol ------ Mike Conley

Miami Heat: Dwayne Wade, Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo------ Tyler Herro, Alonzo Mourning

Milwaukee Bucks: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Giannis Antentokoumpo, Khris Middleton ------ Jrue Holiday, Glenn Robinson

Minnesota Timberwolves: Kevin Garnett, Karl-Anthony Towns, Stephon Marbury, D’angelo Russell------- Anthony Edwards

New Orleans Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Larry Johnson, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball------ LaMelo Ball

New York Knicks: Patrick Ewing, Bernard King----------------Carmelo Anthony, Willis Reed, Allan Houston

OKC Thunder: Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Shai Gigleous Alexander ----------------Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis

Orlando Magic: Shaquille O'neal, Penny Hardaway, Tracy McGrady, Nikola Vucevic - --------------Dwight Howard

Philadelphia 76ers: Allen Iverson, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Andre Iguodala, Tobias Harris

Phoenix Suns: Amare Staudemire, Charles Barkley, Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton ------------ Chris Paul

Portland Trailblazers : Damian lillard, CJ McCollum, , Brandon Roy, ----------- Arvydas Sabonis, Rasheed Walalce

Sacramento Kings: Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, De'Aaron Fox ------------ Mitch Richmond

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Demar DeRozan

Utah Jazz: John Stockton, Karl Malone, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Golbert, Andrei Kirilenko

Toronto Raptors: Vince Carter, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet ------------Chris Bosh

Washington Wizards: Bradley Beal, Gilbert Arenas, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes --------------- Russel Westbrook
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Good stuff!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Here's some pics!

agent_michael_scarn

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Damn this is so cool, i wish it would run smoothly on my computer
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Love what you've done with the mod!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Thank You! I may change some of the jerseys (Brooklyn Nets) but overall I'm really happy everything.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby BPDHoplite on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:08 am

Awesome stuff
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Shawn15oth on Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:54 pm

Quick question

Is it possible to mod the shoes textures. I would like to sport Jordan's instead of those generic ones.
I'm sorry if this has already been asked or addressed. Please don't ban me.
Shawn15oth

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Shawn15oth wrote:Quick question

Is it possible to mod the shoes textures. I would like to sport Jordan's instead of those generic ones.
I'm sorry if this has already been asked or addressed. Please don't ban me.

I can update the textures for the shoes too. I'm planning on updating the textures/player profiles after the draft/offseason signings/trades so I can jump into it then! It can take some time to find all the shoe textures but once I have them it shouldn't be too hard to update those too.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Made a HUUUUUUGE update including updating all the face textures with era accurate pics, updated shoes and rosters
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 pm

Awesome work as always!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Danger369 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Hey I just had a problem with the install, can you help?

The 2nd step:
1. Locate Dolphin's "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory should be in your Documents folder, and the "User" will be inside that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. For the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this package, copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. WARNING: THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING DOLPHIN SAVE FILE.

I added the 'User' folder that was created in Dolphin and could not see a "Dolphin Files" folder in your mod file. I added the "User" folder into it and now the player names have changed but when I load to a court- the players are randomized and from different teams.

I'm sure it's because the folder isn't in the right place, i just can't work out where to put it.

Thanks
Danger369

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Danger369 wrote:Hey I just had a problem with the install, can you help?

The 2nd step:
1. Locate Dolphin's "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory should be in your Documents folder, and the "User" will be inside that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. For the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this package, copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. WARNING: THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING DOLPHIN SAVE FILE.

I added the 'User' folder that was created in Dolphin and could not see a "Dolphin Files" folder in your mod file. I added the "User" folder into it and now the player names have changed but when I load to a court- the players are randomized and from different teams.

I'm sure it's because the folder isn't in the right place, i just can't work out where to put it.

Thanks

I Updated the file with (hopefully) the correct file or missing file. Didn't notice anything different on my end. I'm gonna DM you too!
agent_michael_scarn

Postby StickyTee on Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:24 am

Hey man loving the mod so far. Just wondering if theres a way to switch the animations for different players, love having lebron in the game but itd be cool if he had a different moveset than dwight howard.
Also, is there a place to find the Hex on Steriods profiles? I want to make a couple slight adjustments to characters attributes.
StickyTee

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:36 pm

StickyTee wrote:Hey man loving the mod so far. Just wondering if theres a way to switch the animations for different players, love having lebron in the game but itd be cool if he had a different moveset than dwight howard.
Also, is there a place to find the Hex on Steriods profiles? I want to make a couple slight adjustments to characters attributes.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I don't know any way to add move sets to characters. I totally would've done that too!

The Hex on Steroids Profiles I used are included in the zip file I uploaded. It should be in the folder labeled Hex On Steroids Profiles. I used/modified the profiles from the 2016 Mod that have the -2016-GC label. Hope that helps!
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Culture Games on Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:04 am

Love this, it’s Legendary version all day for me. Would love to see some classic teams
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Next

Return to Other Basketball Games