NBA Street Vol. 2 - Legendary Edition

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Re: NBA Street Vol. 2 - Legendary Edition

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:15 pm

Culture Games wrote:Love this, it’s Legendary version all day for me. Would love to see some classic teams

Thanks man! I guess depending on the team (like the lakers or celtics) you could make a custom team with the players available.

Regardless that's a cool idea! i would probably just duplicate Legendary and name/jersey swap if I did that. What teams we're you thinking? depending on how busy I am maybe I'll do it lol

That would allow for a more "balanced" experience where everyone isn't insanely good. Depth would actually mean something haha
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Fluffy Taco on Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Wow...been over a decade since logging back on here, lol. Anywho, why do the player's faces look weird? I know it's an arcadey type of game, but still... Is that the style?
:: credits to [c]kal for this sig ::
:: LIVE 2005 FAN ::
Fluffy Taco

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Pretty much. That, and being a couple of generations old.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Fluffy Taco on Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Andrew wrote:Pretty much. That, and being a couple of generations old.

Also, why is there a mod just for Street vol. 2 and not Street v3?
:: credits to [c]kal for this sig ::
:: LIVE 2005 FAN ::
Fluffy Taco

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:15 pm

It takes a good amount of time and effort to make a mod, and for me personally I prefer the gameplay of and have a more personal connection to vol. 2.

Making a V3 mod, at least for me, didn't sound appealing. Especially now since the vol. 2 mod is easier to update since I have all the files ready.

So long story short...motivation and time haha

But If someone wants to make a V3 mod, I hope it turns out great!
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Vol. 2 is definitely the more popular game, so it's the one that most modders have gravitated towards. We've seen the same thing happen with various NBA Live and NBA 2K releases over the years. If people aren't into the game, there's usually less mods. Availability of tools and moddability are also issues, though I'm not sure what the situation is like for V3 in that regard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Crazypicu on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:50 pm

Hey when i load up the legendary edition all the texters are shuffled and the wrong players are on teams like for example for paul pierce it shows mugsy bogues picture i did all the steps when installing the legendary edition i am truly confused i have been trying to fix it all day
Crazypicu

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 am

Crazypicu wrote:Hey when i load up the legendary edition all the texters are shuffled and the wrong players are on teams like for example for paul pierce it shows mugsy bogues picture i did all the steps when installing the legendary edition i am truly confused i have been trying to fix it all day

Did you go into Dolphin and Select Graphics>Advanced>Load Custom Textures?

That or you may need to Copy/paste the database files provided to replace the Player and Team database files in the Root Folder before creating the new ISO

It can be a little tricky but hope that helps!
agent_michael_scarn

Postby ant599 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:09 am

agent_michael_scarn wrote:
Crazypicu wrote:Hey when i load up the legendary edition all the texters are shuffled and the wrong players are on teams like for example for paul pierce it shows mugsy bogues picture i did all the steps when installing the legendary edition i am truly confused i have been trying to fix it all day

That or you may need to Copy/paste the database files provided to replace the Player and Team database files in the Root Folder before creating the new ISO

im having the same issue only the names load that's it
ant599

Postby ant599 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:22 am

SneakyDiquey wrote:This is awesome agent_michael_scarn! Can't wait to give this a go. Thanks for taking the time to update this for everyone.

I feel like we may have been going through the same feels in this pandemic and wanting to revive this game! I'm new to the forum, but I'm in the middle of planning an All-time update which seems to have a lot of crossover with this. Good to know there's still interest out there for it.

Would love to connect and bounce some ideas off you because it's a massive job for a noob. Right now I've been working on remastering the boot and loadscreen artwork because our eyes straight up deserve better in 2020, especially when playing it upscaled on a larger screen. I got mad Tony Hawk was getting a HD remake and the GOAT probably won't because of licensing issues.

With Dolphin available on iOS (through the Alt Store - no jailbreak required), it's way more accessible for people to play on the big screen. iPad Pro > USB-C dongle > HDMI cable > and it plays flawlessly upscaled in 4K. Haven't tested with older iPad models so not sure on that front, but keen to hear if anyone else has tried it.

Boot Screen_HD New_Resized.jpg

NBASV2_Load_Kobe_Resized.jpg

how do i add that boot screen
ant599

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:57 pm

ant599 wrote:

Sorry to hear you're dealing with that issue. My guess is you didn't copy/paste the GNZE69 Folder into the right Directory. You need to locate the custom texture library location. Mines where I Installed Dolphin, so C:Documents>Dolphin Emulator>Load> Textures. once you copy that file into the location you go to Graphics in Dolphin Emulator, Then Advanced Tab, The Select Load Custom Textures in the Utility portion. That should fix it!

In regards to the custom banner I made a similar one but havnt gone with a true HD 4k version. If you want to use what they made I have one of the files correctly broken up in teh GNZE69 folder Under Loading Screens.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby ant599 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:36 pm

ant599 wrote:

Sorry to hear you're dealing with that issue. My guess is you didn't copy/paste the GNZE69 Folder into the right Directory. You need to locate the custom texture library location. Mines where I Installed Dolphin, so C:Documents>Dolphin Emulator>Load> Textures. once you copy that file into the location you go to Graphics in Dolphin Emulator, Then Advanced Tab, The Select Load Custom Textures in the Utility portion. That should fix it!

In regards to the custom banner I made a similar one but havnt gone with a true HD 4k version. If you want to use what they made I have one of the files correctly broken up in teh GNZE69 folder Under Loading Screens.

Thank you apprecaite it and im still getting the same error just names loading do i need to download a old file because this is a clean install
ant599

Postby ant599 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:50 pm

ant599 wrote:

okay the way this installed it was all in a folder i will try it again that's where i put the file now i show another folder with same information let me try it now
ant599

Postby ant599 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:11 pm

ant599 wrote:

Okay Thank you i finally got it to work the only concern i have is Tray Young Black is that normal
ant599

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm

ant599 wrote:
ant599 wrote:

Okay Thank you i finally got it to work the only concern i have is Tray Young Black is that normal

Glad to see it worked!

It would've taken too long to update the skin tones/faces of the all the players so I decided to use the original models and get as close as I could skin tone/looks wise, but a lot of players are inaccurate in that regard. I figured the jerseys were more important.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby 1003lull on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:27 pm

It says ""&&systemdata was not found" everytime i select the folder
1003lull

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:43 am

1003lull wrote:It says ""&&systemdata was not found" everytime i select the folder

hmm did you unzip the folder first to extract the files?

Not sure otherwise. I'll have another update before the actual NBA Season starts so that may be a good time to retry it too if it doesn't work.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby KingTav9920 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:38 am

Hi, I just tried this mod and I followed every step but everytime I finish with the gcr steps and changing dolphin settings to load textures but no matter what it gives me correct names but incorrect jersey and logo textures. Pls help if u can.

Thx :bowdown:
KingTav9920

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:44 pm

KingTav9920 wrote:Hi, I just tried this mod and I followed every step but everytime I finish with the gcr steps and changing dolphin settings to load textures but no matter what it gives me correct names but incorrect jersey and logo textures. Pls help if u can.

Thx :bowdown:

Sorry to hear you're dealing with that issue. My guess is you didn't copy/paste the GNZE69 Folder into the right Directory. You need to locate the custom texture library location. My custom library files were in the Drive in which[video][/video] I Installed Dolphin, so C:Documents>Dolphin Emulator>Load> Textures. You can also figure out the location of the folder on your computer by opening up the Dolphin Emulator, Selecting Graphics>Advanced>Load Custom Textures.

Once you copy that file into the location go to Graphics in Dolphin Emulator, Then Advanced Tab, Then Select Load Custom Textures in the Utility portion. That should fix it!
agent_michael_scarn

Postby KingTav9920 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:49 am

Yo, I finally got it to wrk. The problem I noticed was that I didnt create a portable txt file in the dolphin folder. That way the textures would properly read em. Went bck to follow steps and working like a charm. Thank u so much for ur help!! :cool: :D
KingTav9920

Postby chaoitic23 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:26 am

Is it possible to use this mod on an iPhone 13 Pro? I've got it to work on my laptop & tried to transfer the newly created ISO file as well as the Texture & Save folder but once the game loads it crashes right after the first loading screen (the new screen shows with the current & legendary players as of 02/12/2022).

I'm guessing it has something to do with not being able to have portable txt & a USER folder?

*Edit: I messed around with it & got it to work! thank you for this mod. I can play it while traveling with ease now.
chaoitic23

Postby ant599 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:05 pm

agent_michael_scarn wrote:NBA Street Vol. 2 - Legendary Edition

[ Image ]

Rosters & Ratings by agent_michael_scarn
Graphics by agent_michael_scarn, and using modified or original files from Mazzocchi

I created a mod based off the amazing 2016 Remix made by johnz1 and Mazzochi. Most of this post was copied/edited from their mods post

This is a near complete update for the GameCube version of NBA Street Vol. 2. Special thanks to johnz1 and Mazzochi for creating the original mod of this game. Some features I kept as they were awesome additions, and/or i couldn't figure out how to update them (east/west all stars and usa/world team). Legendary players stats were created using 2Ks website, aside from some specific players, who were not available (Reggie Miller, Lamar Odom, and Charles Barkley Specifically

Here are the things that have been changed from the original 2003 game:
- Updated rosters (up to and including the 2020 Restart and legendary players)
- Updated player ratings (same overall ratings distribution as the original game)
- Updated jerseys including classic jerseys
- Updated team logos (original mod)
- Updated team apparel (shirts, shorts, headbands) (original mod)
- Added the 2016 All-Star teams (wasn't able to change from original mod)
- Added the USA and World teams (wasn't able to change from original mod)
- Replaced Charlotte with Philadelphia
- Replaced cyberfaces for a handful of players (original mod)
- Updated the ISO banner and info file (opening.bnr) (original mod)
- Replaced the GameCube controller graphics with Xbox 360 controller graphics (original mod)

=== INSTALLATION ===
This update requires that you own NBA Street Vol. 2 for GameCube and have an ISO file of the game. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE GAME OR THE ISO.

To play this game with the updated graphics, you must use the Dolphin emulator:
https://dolphin-emu.org/

I recommend using the latest development version because, at the time this was written, the latest stable release is over two years old.

To update the rosters and ratings, you must follow this process to extract all the game files, replace a few files, and recreate the ISO. This process requires the GCRebuilder utility:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/619/

1. Open GCRebuilder.
2. Click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Open".
3. Select the NBA Street Vol. 2 ISO file.
4. In the file browser on the right, right-click "root" and select "Export".
5. Choose a location to save the game files. This will only be a temporary location for these files.
6. In Windows, go to the "ISO Files" folder included in this package.
7. Copy everything in the "ISO Files" folder ("opening.bnr" and the "database" folder) and paste it into the folder where you previously exported the game files in step 5. If you did this correctly, you should be asked whether you want to overwrite the existing files. Choose yes.
8. In GCRebuilder, click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Close". Alternatively, you can simply close and re-open GCRebuilder.
9. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Open".
10. Select the folder that contains the game files that you exported in step 5 and modified in step 7.
11. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Save".
12. Choose a location to save the new ISO and type in a name for the new file (something like "NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix.iso").
13. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Rebuild".

At this point, you have a patched ISO but the graphics and the save game file need to be placed into the appropriate Dolphin directory in order to be loaded:

1. Locate Dolphin's "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory will be in your Documents folder, and the "User" will be inside that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. From the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this package, copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. WARNING: THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING DOLPHIN SAVE FILE.

By default, Dolphin does not enable custom textures. This option must be changed in the graphics settings:
1. Click the Options menu at the top and select "Graphics Settings"
2. Go to the "Advanced" tab
3. Check the box for "Load Custom Textures"

I also recommend the following graphics options:
- Aspect Ratio: Stretch to Window
- Widescreen Hack: Enabled
- Use Fullscreen: Enabled
- V-Sync: Enabled
- Hide Mouse Cursor: Enabled
- Internal Resolution: At least 2x (set higher if your system can handle it)

File Download Link
NBA Street Vol. 2 - Current & Legendary Edition

https://youtu.be/WUwNs0NdHVE
ant599

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:18 am

ant599 wrote:
agent_michael_scarn wrote:NBA Street Vol. 2 - Legendary Edition

https://youtu.be/WUwNs0NdHVE

That's so cool!
agent_michael_scarn