NBA 2K1 Sega Dreamcast HD, Roster Editor?

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

NBA 2K1 Sega Dreamcast HD, Roster Editor?

Postby TekmoBowl on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm

I've been playing NBA 2K1 on the Dreamcast on the Demul emulator, in full 1080p, and I must say this game plays awesome and it looks terrific. I cant believe the graphics look so crisp and clean on this emulator for a 17 year old game. Does anyone have a roster editor for this game? If not, i would pay a handsome fee if someone were to make one. Anybody else play this game? Thanks
TekmoBowl

Re: NBA 2K1 Sega Dreamcast HD, Roster Editor?

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I can't recall anyone posting any resources for it. 2K modding didn't take off around these parts until the series came to PC with NBA 2K9.

That being said, if anyone else has any insights or links, feel free to share them. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TekmoBowl on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Cool. No BS if one doesn’t exist, and a program savy user can create one, I would pay a decent amount for it. This game plays incredibly smooth, and would love to tweak the rosters some how.
TekmoBowl

Postby Murat on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:52 am

Andrew wrote:I can't recall anyone posting any resources for it. 2K modding didn't take off around these parts until the series came to PC with NBA 2K9.

That being said, if anyone else has any insights or links, feel free to share them. (Y)

I do not even recall any modding arguments, even at the first weeks of 2K being released for PC.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:39 am

TekmoBowl wrote:I've been playing NBA 2K1 on the Dreamcast on the Demul emulator, in full 1080p, and I must say this game plays awesome and it looks terrific. I cant believe the graphics look so crisp and clean on this emulator for a 17 year old game. Does anyone have a roster editor for this game? If not, i would pay a handsome fee if someone were to make one. Anybody else play this game? Thanks

This is so cool. One problem...

I can't seem to get the game to load, I am getting a rom error every time. I downloaded the emulator straight off the website, really frustrating....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 am

Murat wrote:
Andrew wrote:I can't recall anyone posting any resources for it. 2K modding didn't take off around these parts until the series came to PC with NBA 2K9.

I do not even recall any modding arguments, even at the first weeks of 2K being released for PC.

It took a little while for modding to take off. Techniques and file formats had to be figured out first.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TekmoBowl on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am

Dee4Three wrote:
TekmoBowl wrote:I've been playing NBA 2K1 on the Dreamcast on the Demul emulator, in full 1080p, and I must say this game plays awesome and it looks terrific. I cant believe the graphics look so crisp and clean on this emulator for a 17 year old game. Does anyone have a roster editor for this game? If not, i would pay a handsome fee if someone were to make one. Anybody else play this game? Thanks

I can't seem to get the game to load, I am getting a rom error every time. I downloaded the emulator straight off the website, really frustrating....

I was having the same issue, but it seemed the iso file from the emualation site was not working, went to another site and got a working one. Use the Demul emulator, you can upscale to 4k if your video card can handle it. Game looks terrific, i can twitch stream it whenever so you can see for yourself.
TekmoBowl

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:56 am

TekmoBowl wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

I was having the same issue, but it seemed the iso file from the emualation site was not working, went to another site and got a working one. Use the Demul emulator, you can upscale to 4k if your video card can handle it. Game looks terrific, i can twitch stream it whenever so you can see for yourself.

Where did you get yours?

I downloaded NBA 2K from Emuparadise, it was a .gdi rom... and I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I do. Roms have always worked from that site, so I dont know what to do.

I'd love to get it downloaded so I can make some youtube videos of it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TekmoBowl on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:42 am

I believe I got it off of CoolRom. Let me know if that works, if not i can upload it to a dropbox or something for u.
TekmoBowl

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:23 pm

TekmoBowl wrote:I believe I got it off of CoolRom. Let me know if that works, if not i can upload it to a dropbox or something for u.

I got NBA 2K off of coolrom just now, and it's a .cdi file. It won't load, NBA 2K1 won't load either and that's a .gdi.

Ready to throw my CPU out the window lol

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TekmoBowl on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 am

What type of emulator are you using? I was having trouble using anyone besides Demul.
TekmoBowl

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 am

TekmoBowl wrote:What type of emulator are you using? I was having trouble using anyone besides Demul.

I'm using Demul.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TekmoBowl on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:50 am

I will upload the copy of 2k1 when i get home later as well as the emulation settings. Hopefully that works!
TekmoBowl

Postby BPDHoplite on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 am

This sounds interesting :D

I have the same thoughts about NCAA Basketball 2K3 on Dolphin :applaud:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 am

Well, I can't get it to work.

If at some point I do, Ill try to find a way to make some quality videos of the old school games.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JKD32332 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:01 am

Has anyone been able to create one? I’m trying to edit players positions (Allen Iverson from SG to PG, Vince Carter from SG to SF) and also trying to see if I can add headbands to existing players (Baron Davis, Darius Miles, Rip Hamilton) for example.
JKD32332

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 am

I don't believe anyone's been working on one. There's been no mention of it here if so.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JKD32332 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to mod this game in general? Like said before, would love to change players positions and give some of them their missing headbands.
JKD32332

Postby DjCaveman23 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:20 pm

Im new to this so ill make a long story shot i been modding the 2k nba games for about 2 years i have offsets for jerseys, ratings, head shapes and sizes, free throw routines, ican add bonus players to teams permanently i create my ownn players with a hex editor i dont use the created player slots examples i have giannis khris middleton lebron and alot more i also switched stadiums and jerseys from 2k to 2k2 i know its an old post but whoever replys i can email them offsets for modding
DjCaveman23

Postby JKD32332 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:40 pm

On a Dreamcast??? Can you edit players positions with hex editing??
JKD32332

Return to Other Basketball Games