Hoop League Tactics - Turn Based Basketball Coming to Android and iOS

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Hoop League Tactics - Turn Based Basketball Coming to Android and iOS

Postby KoalityGame on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:40 am

Hey NLSC! You may remember my previous games that I've developed and posted about here such as Basketball Time and Hardwood Rivals. Well, I'd like to announce the next game that I've been working on titled Hoop League Tactics!

Hoop League Tactics is a 2D turn-based basketball game inspired by tactical strategy games such as XCOM. The game is played by taking direct control of your team's offense, moving players around like chess pieces to create a high shot percentage for scoring a basket. The ball handler can dribble around with directional movement, pass to a teammate, or take a shot from his/her current position. The chance of making the shot depends on the player's shooting ability, their distance from the basket, as well as the ability of the defender directly in front of them. Players have ratings in seven attributes which impacts the outcome of different actions.

For your teammates that are off the ball, you can move them around for better scoring position or use them to screen off the defender for the ball handler. Each tile movement takes one second off of the shot clock and every shot costs stamina so you'll have to plan your actions carefully. If a player's stamina gets too low their ratings will take a hit.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

On defense, your players are controlled by defensive sliders that dictate how aggressive they are at stealing/blocking the ball. Steals and blocks have risk/reward as you can either force a turnover or risk ending up out of position on a failed steal attempt resulting in a high shot percentage for the opponent.

Outside of gameplay, since the game doesn't have any official licenses (default teams and players are randomly generated), I've added more customization options than any of my previous games. You'll be able to edit the existing league or create an entirely new one, choosing the amount of teams and placing them in conferences and divisions. You can edit each team's names, uniform colors, and even home court colors. Every player can also be customized by changing their name, appearance, and ratings. After customizing a league to your liking, you'll be able to start a season with any team to try and win the championship. I plan on revealing full details on season mode at a later date so stay tuned!

Hoop League Tactics is currently in closed beta testing with a planned release in December of 2019 for Android and iOS devices. You can contact me by PM if you are interested in beta testing the game in its very early stages. Please note that you will be playing an incomplete version with missing game mechanics but your feedback will be invaluable in shaping the game's future.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Hoop League Tactics so far and thank you for your time!
KoalityGame

Re: Hoop League Tactics - Turn Based Basketball Coming to Android and iOS

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:36 am

That sounds pretty cool. I loved turn based strategy games as a kid. My favorite had action points you could spend on each character on your squad and every action they did spent a different amount of action points
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby KoalityGame on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 am

[Q] wrote:That sounds pretty cool. I loved turn based strategy games as a kid. My favorite had action points you could spend on each character on your squad and every action they did spent a different amount of action points

Hey! That sounds similar to what I have with the stamina system. Shots, dunks, steals and blocks cost different amounts of stamina depending on a variety of factors. The shot clock acts as a limiter to the amount of actions you can take per possession. I'm trying to make the game as tactical as I can!
KoalityGame

Postby KoalityGame on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 am

Excited to announce that Hoop League Tactics is releasing on December 19th and is now available for pre-order!

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hoop-league-tactics/id1484372351?ls=1
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koalitygame.hoopleaguetactics

Season Mode Highlights:
- Choose a league and take your own basketball team through an in-depth Season Mode.
- Draft players, negotiate contracts, and improve your team after every game with player progression and skill trees.
- Manage your players fatigue and keep them fresh with load management. Players will retire if they've played too many seasons.
- Play, watch, or simulate your own games and other team's games around the league.
- Increase fan support and team chemistry to gain more income to purchase team upgrades and attract players at a lower cost.
- Full stat tracking for every player and team across multiple categories.
- Earn individual accomplishments for your players from multiple end of season awards.
- Qualify for the post season tournament and lead your team to the championship.
- Continue playing for multiple seasons and win as many championships as possible!

If anyone is interested in testing, let me know :D
KoalityGame

Return to Other Basketball Games