Steam Key Help

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Steam Key Help

Postby JA8891 on Mon May 17, 2021 11:32 am

Hey everyone

New to PC here. Can anyone give me any information about how a steam key works? I want to purchase some older 2k games that are not in the steam store currently. Maybe even a link to a legitimate steam key for 2k16 would be a huge help. Thanks everyone!
This topic was moved from Featured Content & Community Noticeboard by Andrew on Mon May 17, 2021 12:19 pm.
JA8891

Re: Steam Key Help

Postby Andrew on Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm

As long as you have a Steam account, you can redeem a key through the client or the web interface. It's fairly straightforward, but Steam's knowledgebase has an article with the specifics.

Generally speaking, if you redeem a key for a game that's no longer listed in the Steam Store, it'll still work and you'll be able to download the game. Getting hold of such a key is another story, of course. Sometimes you can find one on eBay or Amazon, but if not, you've more or less got to take your chances with a grey market key reseller like G2A. As long as you have a valid key though, you'll still be able to get your hands on NBA 2K16 PC.

I don't have any personal experience with those resellers, so I can't make any recommendations as to their service and trustworthiness. Someone else might be able to offer a recommendation, but you'll see some options and prices from the various resellers if you Google "NBA 2K16 Steam Key". I know others around these parts have mentioned using G2A before, but I don't have any experience with them myself. Just make sure that you get a key that'll activate in your region, or a global key, otherwise you'll be throwing money away on a key you can't use.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JA8891 on Wed May 19, 2021 11:33 pm

Andrew thank you so much for the feedback.

I found NBA2k16 PC version on Amazon. I just want to be sure it will be in English or in my region or whatever it has to be to work correctly. Can anyone help with looking at this to see if it is what I need? Thanks guys!

https://www.amazon.com/NBA-2K16-Digital ... r=8-3&th=1
JA8891

Postby Andrew on Thu May 20, 2021 1:21 pm

As long as you're in the US, that should activate just fine. To that end, it'll be the English version.

Unfortunately they don't reduce the cost of those older games, even after the servers are shut down and many of the features are no longer available. At least it's a viable option for collectors if you can track down a key like that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games