Oldest games with servers still up?

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Oldest games with servers still up?

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:10 pm

I'm watching NBA Live 08 gameplay and am just thinking how much I would love to play it online... sigh. What are the oldest games with servers still up?
[Hyperize]

Re: Oldest games with servers still up?

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 pm

At this point, it might be NBA Live 18. Parsec is obviously opening up new opportunities, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:26 am

Ah, I was actually considering buying Live 17 today to give it a shot. Can you check for me?

I'm gonna have to check out Parsec. I'm sort of oblivious and vague to it, but if that means playing old games online then I'm all for it. (Y)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am

NBA Live 18's servers are definitely still up, though it remains to be seen for how much longer. NBA Live 19's will likely be up for a while.

A few of us have been having a lot of fun with Parsec, I'd definitely recommend it. Check out the Parsec section, Dee4Three has devised some great settings that are working for everyone. We've even been able to stream his Xbox One to his PC and then to me via Parsec, which is how we've been playing NBA Jam: On Fire Edition.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games