New College Basketball Game from EA Sports in the works?

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Would you like to see a new college basketball game?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 3

New College Basketball Game from EA Sports in the works?

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Nothing's been confirmed as yet. However, there has been speculation about it since EA announced the return of their college football series, currently slated for 2023. It would obviously be a tremendous opportunity to fill a void in the basketball gaming space, rather than competing directly with NBA 2K (which NBA Live has obviously struggled to do for a while now).

More recently, there was a Tweet from the official Electronic Arts account, which read "MADNESS LOADING", along with emojis representing a progress bar. While it could very well have simply been expressing excitement ahead of this year's NCAA tournament, it's difficult not to speculate that it might also be a hint at an announcement that will be made at some point in the not too distant future.

Personally, I'd love to see it happen. It could be a great opportunity for EA Sports to get back into the basketball gaming space. I'm also keen for anything new to play in addition to or instead of NBA 2K. In recent years I've finally been able to add some college basketball video games to my collection, and it's been a blast to check them out after all this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: New College Basketball Game from EA Sports in the works?

Postby Ermolli on Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:04 pm

I'm all for having more basketball videogames but EA tweeted a couple days ago about playoff basketball I guess that's it's just for engagement. Not holding my breath for a new EA basketball game although I'd welcome it.

Y'all feel that? Playoff basketball is in the air today
Ermolli

Re: New College Basketball Game from EA Sports in the works?

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:23 pm

I saw that as well. That's a great point to keep in mind, for sure. If that's the case, I guess they get the engagement they're after, but it's a cruel tease. There have been hints that they're not done with basketball games though, so even if this means nothing, hopefully there's something still in the works.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games