Mobile basketball games

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Mobile basketball games

Postby Ermolli on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:58 pm

Does anyone play basketball games on Android phones? Are there any recommended games in the Google Play store? The one I've been playing lately is Hoop League which has an interesting concept since it doesn't have traditional gameplay. I don't care for online and I'm not really interesting in playing card-collecting games like NBA Live and 2K have, dislike that neither have an option to play with traditional teams.
Ermolli

Re: Mobile basketball games

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:13 am

I'm not a big fan of basketball games on mobile, but the mobile version of NBA Jam by EA was decent. It wasn't as good as OFE, but no mobile port was going to be, and it's still pretty good given the limitations of the platform. It's still available too, from the looks of things.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Mon May 02, 2022 7:07 am

I agree, it isn't the same as the OFE on consoles but it's quite good. I was trying to find a 5 on 5 game but there aren't many options, mainly online 3 on 3. I played NBA Live but it's the same exact game gameplay-wise as its launch (which I played frequently back then). I downloaded NBA 2K mobile but it never loaded on my Xiaomi Redmi 8 even though it did work years ago.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon May 02, 2022 7:56 pm

I should also note that I don't have a tablet of any kind, so any mobile games that I play are being played on a mobile phone. I imagine some of them would be more enjoyable on a slightly bigger screen, though as you said, there aren't a lot of choices when it comes to 5v5 games. Then again, that goes for the PC/console space, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KoalityGame on Tue May 03, 2022 6:10 am

Ermolli wrote:Does anyone play basketball games on Android phones? Are there any recommended games in the Google Play store? The one I've been playing lately is Hoop League which has an interesting concept since it doesn't have traditional gameplay. I don't care for online and I'm not really interesting in playing card-collecting games like NBA Live and 2K have, dislike that neither have an option to play with traditional teams.

Hey! I'm the developer of Hoop League :D

I'm actually working on a new hoops title called Hoop Land that will be similar to Hoop League except it will have real-time traditional gameplay. Check out a short snippet of early gameplay mechanics below:

phpBB [video]

I plan on releasing the game in 2023 but there will be a beta some time this year. I also hope to release Hoop Land on Steam after mobile release.
KoalityGame

Postby Andrew on Tue May 03, 2022 9:25 am

Good to see you still working on projects with releases in the pipeline!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KoalityGame on Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 am

Andrew wrote:Good to see you still working on projects with releases in the pipeline!

Thanks Andrew! Hoping to add to your huge collection of basketball games some day :D
KoalityGame

Postby Ermolli on Wed May 04, 2022 7:23 pm

KoalityGame wrote:
Ermolli wrote:Does anyone play basketball games on Android phones? Are there any recommended games in the Google Play store? The one I've been playing lately is Hoop League which has an interesting concept since it doesn't have traditional gameplay. I don't care for online and I'm not really interesting in playing card-collecting games like NBA Live and 2K have, dislike that neither have an option to play with traditional teams.

Hey! I'm the developer of Hoop League :D

I'm actually working on a new hoops title called Hoop Land that will be similar to Hoop League except it will have real-time traditional gameplay. Check out a short snippet of early gameplay mechanics below:

phpBB [video]

I plan on releasing the game in 2023 but there will be a beta some time this year. I also hope to release Hoop Land on Steam after mobile release.

Hi. I remember playing Basketball Time in 2015! It's been a while, had fun with it and enjoying Race mode.
Congratulations on Hoop League Tactics. I've seen it recommended in several sites and quite well ranked in the app stores.
Good luck with the new game. Looks good early on.
Ermolli

Postby KoalityGame on Fri May 06, 2022 2:05 am

Ermolli wrote:Hi. I remember playing Basketball Time in 2015! It's been a while, had fun with it and enjoying Race mode.
Congratulations on Hoop League Tactics. I've seen it recommended in several sites and quite well ranked in the app stores.
Good luck with the new game. Looks good early on.

Thanks a lot! I'll be sure to post updates as I continue working on the game :)
KoalityGame

Postby KoalityGame on Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:07 am

Currently designing original logos for all 30 teams. Here's what I got so far!

Also a preview of various league customization tools:

Player Editor

Uniform Editor

Court Designer
KoalityGame

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:06 pm

As a big fan of the names in Super Dunk Shot, I love what you've done there!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby KoalityGame on Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:51 pm

Andrew wrote:As a big fan of the names in Super Dunk Shot, I love what you've done there!

I had not heard of that game, that's awesome! Those names and logos are amazing lol. I already have all 30 names picked out, just in the process of creating all the courts, logos, and uniforms.

For the players, I'll be taking submissions from fans and then have the cpu run a full fantasy draft to construct the base rosters.
KoalityGame

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:18 pm

It's the Japanese version of Sculptured Software's NCAA Basketball for the SNES. Essentially a bootleg NBA game, which makes an already awesome release (then and now) even more fun!

Great idea with the fan submissions and fantasy draft, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:25 am

Liking those logos so far :!:
Ermolli

Postby KoalityGame on Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:19 am

Andrew wrote:It's the Japanese version of Sculptured Software's NCAA Basketball for the SNES. Essentially a bootleg NBA game, which makes an already awesome release (then and now) even more fun!

Great idea with the fan submissions and fantasy draft, too.

Lol, love the bootleg NBA description. I already consider Hoop Land to be an alternate NBA universe :mrgreen:

Ermolli wrote:Liking those logos so far :!:

Thank you! More to come soon :D
KoalityGame

Return to Other Basketball Games